Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Hellgate: Resurrection

JennysMindJennysMind Tucson, AZPosts: 881Member

Hanbit is going to release a series of new Hellgate games, the first one being Hellgate:Tokyo and is scheduled to be release at the end of 2010.  Here is the trailer.

www.youtube.com/watch

Here is some info about Hellgate:Tokyo:

www.incgamers.com/News/19942/

Some of the locations to be visited are Tokyo, Yokohama and Osaka. The game will be free to play with basic items, and Hanbitsoft plans to offer a service that allows players to purchase items for real money.There are rumours abound that Hanbitsoft purchased the rights of Hellgate: London from Namco to publish the game in USA, or is in process of. There is no confirmation on these rumors yet.

Comments

• fnorgbyfnorgby berkeley, CAPosts: 158Member

Google up Hellgate: Revival -- an open source project that a) mods the  SP client to make it play more like the MP used to (no hardcore yet but they're working on it), and b) a goal to make a reverse-engineered fully open source multiplayer client ETA sometime in 2011.  You need your own copy of HG:L to play the SP mods.  

I can also roleplay the tower in a chess game and shout "is that a peasant at the horizon I see? I will smash it I will! Oh damn I broke one of my merlons!". -- maji