Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Leaderboards System Preview

MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community ManagerQueens, NYPosts: 5,717Administrator Uncommon

Flying Lab Software are ready to test the waters with a new leaderboards system they've been working on. The leaderboards will allow players to view ranked statistics for a number of categories including: PvP, PvE, Economy, Skirmish, and Duels.

In addition to viewing the top players in each category, you'll also be able to view your own characters and see how they stack up against other players.

It's also important to note that the statistics being tracked only go back as far as March 2009, so keep that in mind!

Flying Lab is stressing that the system is only being offered as a preview at the moment, so you should expect to run into bugs.

Read the full announcement here.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB

Comments

• LrdHadesLrdHades atlanta, GAPosts: 163Member

What is amusing about this announcement is that I made several posts recommending faction, guild, world, and individual leadership boards back when PotBS was in middle to late beta.  I told them then that it would provide some meaning and sense of achievement for their PVP community.  Of course the PVP haters and newbie PVP armchair generals flamed me down endlessly, and told me that such a system was not needed in the game.  After launch PotBS lost a lot of PVP enthusiasts because no one felt much of a sense of PVP accomplishment.

Two years later, I stand vindicated.

• cosycosy ColentinaPosts: 3,304Member

bragging rights are very important on any PvP game even if developers dont provide a direct way for that there have to be a way to do that

BestSigEver :P