Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Dragon Age Sex Controversy Examined

Comments

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by grandpagamer

Gay sex is unnatural

Heh, I try to keep my views on homosexuality to myself.

I just found it funny that someone named Grandpagamer would say this aload on a public forum.

My grandfather was the same way but he was 85 and stuck to the old ways.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Pryetta

Originally posted by AlienShirt

Originally posted by TdogSkal

Originally posted by AlienShirt

For all those ok with the homosexual scenes in the game would you still be ok if it had scenes of pedophilia, coprophilia. or necrophilia?  All are examples of sexuality outside the "norm". I am just curious.

Lol Coprophillia, necrophillia and pedophilia are not even in the same realm of homosexually.

Seriously you need to grow up. 

Alright maybe I went a bit far including coprophillia and necrophillia (which I will go back and edit out) but not so with pedophilia. In one someone is sexually attracted to the member of the same sex and the other someone is sexually attracted to prepubescent children. I was asking a serious question of how far are people ok with games going these days. Would people still be okay if the game had featured the same human male having sex with a 12 year olf elf girl? Or whatever.

Sure it would be because this game is actually set in the middle ages aka the medieval era in which men and women did not live long therefore they started families and got married at young ages. It was not uncommon during that time for children to be having sex and getting married and starting families.

Wasn't the life expectancy around 35-40 back in the ancient greek days?  I think marraige and having children might have been from a very young age considering you could probably die from a scratch and a secondary infection.

Oh, and one more thing, @ Alienshirt, pedo's are not just gay, some are straight too.  Bad comparison you're making to Homosexuality.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Gay sex is unnatural

I just found it funny that someone named Grandpagamer would say this aload on a public forum.

Well I will expand on my thought. Nature or God whichever you choose to believe in used the act of sex to propagate the species. The sexual urge and enjoyment of the act insures this continuation of the species. Gay sex has no benefit to the propagation of the species. I personally do not care what you put where but to say its a natural act is denying the reason for the act being implemented in nature.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Gay sex is unnatural

Well I will expand on my thought. Nature or God whichever you choose to believe in used the act of sex to propagate the species. The sexual urge and enjoyment of the act insures this continuation of the species. Gay sex has no benefit to the propagation of the species. I personally do not care what you put where but to say its a natural act is denying the reason for the act being implemented in nature.

I understand. I wasn't trying to slam you or anything. Just saying I  thought it was funny due to your name and the relation to my grandfather (may he rest in peace) and how he acted in public to homosexuality.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and honestly that's as far as I want to go into the conversation on a public forum.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Gay sex is unnatural

I understand. I wasn't trying to slam you or anything. Just saying I  thought it was funny due to your name and the relation to my grandfather (may he rest in piece) and how he acted in public to homosexuality.

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and honestly that's as far as I want to go into the conversation on a public forum.

I understand and seriously take the comparison to your grandfather as a compliment. He sounds like the kind of man I could enjoy being around. Ive never been afraid to speak my mind and being politically correct has never been something on my to do list.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Gay sex is unnatural

Following your logic, everything except reproduction is useless. Why do we actually eat and breathe? We should just born, reproduce, and die.

As I said earlier, sex has far more functions than just a sole reproduction. If you don't think so, then stop masturbating in your free time or having protected sex with your girlfriend - because that's unnatural as well.

REALITY CHECK

Gay sex is unnatural

Actually it has one benefit.  Overpopulation.  It's nature's way of controlling human growth... Think about it... 6 billion people living in a world that has food to sustain only 1 billion.  And you think that science came out of the blue?  Necessity brought Humanity to the industrial revolution, so that we could in turn feed an over-populated human species.

A study also shows that 20% of most mammal species practice homosexuality.

And yet people still says "unnatural".  I think it's more of a religous excuse, and people only say it's unatural only due to the social programming of religious institutions.

Originally posted by Thillian

Gay sex is unnatural

Following your logic, everything except reproduction is useless. Why do we actually eat and breathe? We should just born, reproduce, and die.

As I said earlier, sex has far more functions than just a sole reproduction. If you don't think so, then stop masturbating in your free time or having protected sex with your girlfriend - because that's unnatural as well.

Eating and breathing is necessary for survival as is reproductive sex. I didnt say I didnt enjoy sex, in fact I stated why it was enjoyable.  Masterbation is a release to the natural urge that cannot be fulfilled with a partner. And sonny, granny and I havnt had protected sex in decades ;)

• YamaedaYamaeda Member Posts: 22

Thus is oral and anal sex unnatural and wrong? It's not used for propagation.

Thus is masturbation wrong, it's not used for propagation.

Thus is marriage wrong, it's a hinder to propagation.

The fact that several species has homosexual experiences isn't of interest i take it? 

/Y

Eating and breathing is necessary for survival as is reproductive sex. I didnt say I didnt enjoy sex, in fact I stated why it was enjoyable.  Masterbation is a release to the natural urge that cannot be fulfilled with a partner. And sonny, granny and I havnt had protected sex in decades ;)

Kinda inappropriate to call me sonny if you don't know my age.

Funny, that you now believe what psychologists has to say about masturbation, but you don't listen or believe them when they talk about homosexuality. It rather seems like you listen to the church instead of reason.

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by Yamaeda

The fact that several species has homosexual experiences isn't of interest i take it? 
    /Y

Homosexual sex has no value to the propagation of the species. Sex is how nature chose for man and the lower animals to reproduce. The fact that the lower animals have non productive relationships does little to validate the practice of such. Im not a doctor  so do not know why the condition exists but do know that if it were the normal state of things the human race would have died out long ago.

Kinda inappropriate to call me sonny if you don't know my age.

Funny, that you now believe what psychologists has to say about masturbation, but you don't listen or believe them when they talk about homosexuality. It rather seems like you listen to the church instead of reason.

Ive stated my thoughts on the subject and have no idea what psychologists have to say about anything.  Ive never been one to adhere to organized religion.  I will leave you with a question. Is it reasonable to think that non productive sex is what nature/God had in mind when creating the need for two sexes to reproduce?  Justify it however you want but calling gay sex "natural" is not accurate.

/Y

Homosexual sex has no value to the propagation of the species. Sex is how nature chose for man and the lower animals to reproduce. The fact that the lower animals have non productive relationships does little to validate the practice of such. Im not a doctor  so do not know why the condition exists but do know that if it were the normal state of things the human race would have died out long ago.

You just admitted you don't know much about it, yet you dared to call it unnatural. How can something based on chemical and physical reactions be called unnatural? Nature itself and evolution led to the point, that homosexuality is spread among the population.

Sex has not a sole purpose of reproduction. Sex and sexual attraction is the strongest positive feeling an individual can experience. Homosexual behaviour is frequently observed in animals so you can't say it's an effect of certain "twisted and unnatural" human minds. It's there and it survives the natural selection in a high rate, much higher (thousand times) than the most spread genetic defects.

Noone even knows whether it's nature or nurture or combination of both that causes beings behave like homosexuals, noone knows whether gene looks for combination to favor its own, or favor the genes in the whole "community" to improve the gene mutiations for the future. Nothing is certain in today's science. And I repeat, if you think gay sex is unnatural, then any kind of sex including masturbation is unnatural which doesn't lead to a baby.

REALITY CHECK

/Y

You just admitted you don't know much about it, yet you dared to call it unnatural. How can something based on chemical and physical reactions be called unnatural? Nature itself and evolution led to the point, that homosexuality is spread among the population.

Sex has not a sole purpose of reproduction. Sex and sexual attraction is the strongest positive feeling an individual can experience. Homosexual behaviour is frequently observed in animals so you can't say it's an effect of certain "twisted and unnatural" human minds. It's there and it survives the natural selection in a high rate, much higher (thousand times) than the most spread genetic defects.

Noone even knows whether it's nature or nurture or combination of both that causes beings behave like homosexuals, noone knows whether gene looks for combination to favor its own, or favor the genes in the whole "community" to improve the gene mutiations for the future. Nothing is certain in today's science. And I repeat, if you think gay sex is unnatural, then any kind of sex including masturbation is unnatural which doesn't lead to a baby.

The sexual urge is the urge to seek out a mate and reproduce. Chemical imbalance may be the cause of homosexual behavior or it could be a defective gene. As I said, I do not know, but the reason for sex ultimately is to reproduce and one does not need a degree to understand the concept.

/Y

I disagree, I think we are heading to an increase in Homosexual humans.  My theory... man is at least a 4 million year old species, dating back to Ardepithicus Ramidus; a partially tree-dwelling, but up-right bipedal primate.  Back then, the females would only have sex with males who were the most resourcseful males who were the best terrestrial food gatherers.  Hence, this causes our earliest ancestors to develop less agressive and more social behaviour in order to procreate.  This highly developed set of social behaviours 4 million years in the making brings us to present day over-population of our species.  Mind you Homosexuality might not only be a product of nature puting the "reproductive reigns" on us, but might also stem from the fact that 4 million years of social evolution, as well as the domestication produced a more intelligent male, and socially more evolved male in the Homosexual.  Nature being nature increases our brain size as well as evolving and domesticating us into a more socially advanced animal.  I mean lets' face it, the proof is in the pudding, and that pudding being 6 billion people need to live together in peace and harmony, which in we had to develop social skills and habits in order just to get along and continue to successfully survive as the dominant animal species on this planet (ergo our numbers alone prove that).

What we could be seeing in the far future might be a human world that Homosexuality is the predominant majority.  And you say that if this happens, this could be the end of the human race?  Did you forget science?  Artifical Insemination?  Did you know most gay couples don't adopt but have planned biological children using said aforementioned methods.

I theorize as population increases nature has 2 solutions to the problem, yes Homosexuality is one, but it's also 2 fold, in that it servers a secondary purpose of providing a male of supperior intellegence and socially less agressive and cooperative human... This has to be the natural outcome eventually as we humans continue to over-populate a world that has long since been outgrown since the industrial revolution.

I'm sorry to say but eventually straight men will be a thing of the past, as our species continues towards a more sociable, less agressive species, and this natural imperative will most likly happen as a necessity for all humans to live in peace with one another.

For the record, I am a straight man, but even I can't deny the evolutionary patterns layed out empyrically throughout human history (and dating back to our 4 million year old roots to Ardepithicus Ramidus).

Originally posted by hidden1

/Y

I disagree, I think we are heading to an increase in Homosexual humans.  My theory... man is at least a 4 million year old species, dating back to Ardepithicus Ramidus; a partially tree-dwelling, but up-right bipedal primate.  Back then, the females would only have sex with males who were the most resourcseful males who were the best terrestrial food gatherers.  Hence, this causes our earliest ancestors to develop less agressive and more social behaviour in order to procreate.  This highly developed set of social behaviours 4 million years in the making brings us to present day over-population of our species.  Mind you Homosexuality might not only be a product of nature puting the "reproductive reigns" on us, but might also stem from the fact that 4 million years of social evolution, as well as the domestication produced a more intelligent male, and socially more evolved male in the Homosexual.  Nature being nature increases our brain size as well as evolving and domesticating us into a more socially advanced animal.  I mean lets' face it, the proof is in the pudding, and that pudding being 6 billion people need to live together in peace and harmony, which in we had to develop social skills and habits in order just to get along and continue to successfully survive as the dominant animal species on this planet (ergo our numbers alone prove that).

What we could be seeing in the far future might be a human world that Homosexuality is the predominant majority.  And you say that if this happens, this could be the end of the human race?  Did you forget science?  Artifical Insemination?  Did you know most gay couples don't adopt but have planned biological children using said aforementioned methods.

I theorize as population increases nature has 2 solutions to the problem, yes Homosexuality is one, but it's also 2 fold, in that it servers a secondary purpose of providing a male of supperior intellegence and socially less agressive and cooperative human... This has to be the natural outcome eventually as we humans continue to over-populate a world that has long since been outgrown since the industrial revolution.

I'm sorry to say but eventually straight men will be a thing of the past, as our species continues towards a more sociable, less agressive species, and this natural imperative will most likly happen as a necessity for all humans to live in peace with one another.

For the record, I am a straight man, but even I can't deny the evolutionary patterns layed out empyrically throughout human history (and dating back to our 4 million year old roots to Ardepithicus Ramidus).

So, in a nut shell. All of humanity will be gay having test tube babies as nature designed.

The sexual urge is the urge to seek out a mate and reproduce. Chemical imbalance may be the cause of homosexual behavior or it could be a defective gene. As I said, I do not know, but the reason for sex ultimately is to reproduce and one does not need a degree to understand the concept.

Let's assume it's a gene defect. Wouldn't millenium sort that out? By your own words - it's a dead end, non reproducive behaviour. Yet it still keeps the same ratio among the population. Do you believe, that it is spread out by homosexuals that hide in a marriage? If you do, there's really no need to go on further with this discussion, because that's just ridiculous - how would it spread out in animals then?

Or do you believe, it's not a single gay gene, but rather a combination of genes, that have different functions? Or how about it's a gene that increases fertility in females as shown by latest research (a female relative to gay male had 40% more kids in average. Wouldn't that actually prove that gene's purpose is not only to reproduce but also to increase the chance of survival of its future generations? Do you think it's non genetical, but instead psychologic - effect of twisted and unnatural human mind? Again, explain the animal behaviour then.

Sure, you can rule out every single research and indication that supports that homosexual behavior in a way improves the gene survivability and its future gene generations, by saying - it's just a homosexual propaganda. But at your age, I would expect a little more.

REALITY CHECK

Originally posted by hidden1

/Y

So, in a nut shell. All of humanity will be gay having test tube babies as nature designed.

Nature designed our brains as a survival strategy to our physical inferiority to other animals.  As it turns out, that strategy has made us 6 billion strong (which in turn can be our weakness as well... but that's for another explantion not necessary for this specific rebutal).

Being that our intelligence has increased in regards to problem solving and finding solutions, yes you can argue that gays having test tube babies" are designed by nature... or better put, an end-result of nature giving us a big brain-size in which to survive our environment.

Let's assume it's a gene defect. Wouldn't millenium sort that out? By your own words - it's a dead end, non reproducive behaviour. Yet it still keeps the same ratio among the population. Do you believe, that it is spread out by homosexuals that hide in a marriage? If you do, there's really no need to go on further with this discussion, because that's just ridiculous - how would it spread out in animals then?

Or do you believe, it's not a single gay gene, but rather a combination of genes, that have different functions? Or how about it's a gene that increases fertility in females as shown by latest research (a female relative to gay male had 40% more kids in average. Wouldn't that actually prove that gene's purpose is not only to reproduce but also to increase the chance of survival of its future generations? Do you think it's non genetical, but instead psychologic - effect of twisted and unnatural human mind? Again, explain the animal behaviour then.

Sure, you can rule out every single research and indication that supports that homosexual behavior in a way improves the gene survivability and its future gene generations, by saying - it's just a homosexual propaganda. But at your age, I would expect a little more.

Im not ruling out anything. I do not read research papers on this subject or any other for that matter. I do have a reasonable amount of common sense. I would ask if sex with animals is also a natural thing? There is no way to reproduce with such activity but I assume people who indulge do so for pleasure of the act which is the only purpose such behavior can have.

Im not ruling out anything. I do not read research papers on this subject or any other for that matter. I do have a reasonable amount of common sense. I would ask if sex with animals is also a natural thing? There is no way to reproduce with such activity but I assume people who indulge do so for pleasure of the act which is the only purpose such behavior can have.

I'm sorry, but every opposition comes down sooner or later to the pedophilia, necrophilia, sex with animals... Sex with animals is a rape. Please, try to avoid this comparison.

Homosexual sex is not driven by pleasure, it's first and foremost driven by mutual sexual attraction and love.

REALITY CHECK

I'm sorry, but every opposition comes down sooner or later to the pedophilia, necrophilia, sex with animals... Sex with animals is a rape. Please, try to avoid this comparison.

Ok how about sex with inanimate obejects say a blender, hopfully unplugged, or a baseball mitt? Is this natural?  I have stated my reasons for my statement and you can agree or not which is your right. But one fact remains, sex is a natural function designed  to insure the continuation of the species. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas with whomever you choose to share the holidays with.

Ok how about sex with inanimate obejects say a blender, hopfully unplugged, or a baseball mitt? Is this natural?  I have stated my reasons for my statement and you can agree or not which is your right. But one fact remains, sex is a natural function designed  to insure the continuation of the species. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas with whomever you choose to share the holidays with.

I edited my previous post, and added this line "Homosexual sex is not primarily driven by pleasure, it's first and foremost driven by mutual sexual attraction and love."

Sex, and sexual attraction is definetly a natural chemical and physical causal reaction, but it's sole purpose is not only to reproduce and never was. Marry Christmas to you too.

REALITY CHECK

• RiaZeeRiaZee Member Posts: 7

After reading this editorial , and showing it to my daughter , looks like I have another game on her Christmas wish list . She is 26 btw , and is old enough to boink as many elves as she wants. : P  These folks who always go after things they see as harmful to children really errk me. I have managed to raise two beautiful smart children , in the inner city , where drugs , prostitution , murder , is all around them every day. and yet my girls , are hard working , college educated , drug free and have yet to make me a grandma. I have always been honest and open with them, never tried to hide them from anything in this world  and always took an active role in their lives.  I think the problem when these people scream about  "who will protect the children " they need to look at the parents . Its not my job or the governments to raise their kids for them.  Maybe if they stopped trying to raise their kids in that little box, when their kids get exposed to the real world , and they will , wont have any problems with making the right decision for themselves.   As far as the dirty gay sex, were they in the mud ? Seriously , a person doesn't make a choice in this world to be straight or gay , you either are , or you aren't.  Its almost 2010 , do we still need to discuss this ?  Guess there will always people who will always be happy in that little safe box of theirs. Just please ...don't try to drag me into it .

• NifaNifa Member Posts: 324

I confess...I'm fairly conservative, politically speaking, and, personally, my female character would probably rather invite Morrigan to her tent because she's not half as freakin' ANNOYING as the other chick!  Plus, Morrigan is much better looking...

But in all seriousness, why some bigoted freakshows are having conniption fits over mature content in a game that is rated M for mature content and requires identification in order to purchase it - or, hell, a game that requires one input a date of birth in order to even view the official webpage - is beyond me.  Apparently, we must save the chil--er...the adults--from viewing morally objectionable content which they might otherwise view at school or at the next family reunion, right?

Personally, I think the game is awesome.  It's well-written, gameplay is amazing and it's just great fun...but I still freakin' wish BioWare would give me the option to jump in their RPGs. :/

Firebrand Art

"You are obviously confusing a mature rating with actual maturity." -Asherman

Maybe MMO is not your genre, go play Modern Warfare...or something you can be all twitchy...and rank up all night. This is seriously getting tired. -Ranyr

• droinidroini Member Posts: 73

On your list of what was in the Game u forgot Rape and there was alot of it. Which I thott was the worse thing. If u can't get it free ,Then pay u don't got go over to the elf woman or common woman and Rape them. But hey That's just me. As for me Sure have alot gay friends But I don't care about the GP's I'm not sleepin with a dude hehe. But if that's your thing cool.