Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Sentinel's Fate Beta Registration Begins

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Beta registration for Sentinel's Fate, the next expansion to EverQuest II, are now open! If you attended Fan Faire you will be guaranteed entry to the beta program, but you are still required to register and accept the NDA.

For more information on the beta program, including character copy instructions, read the full announcement here.

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Why have a NDA on what is effectivly an open beta.. how is EQ2 ever ment to grow and attract new people if they hide away?

SoE and others need to be much more open on their products, look at Wow (yes I went there) we have stacks on info on the new expansion and its about 6-8 months away, if these games ever want to grow then need to be more confident in their own products get it out there let people see it.

• SoupgoblinSoupgoblin Member Posts: 324
    Originally posted by coffee

Why have a NDA on what is effectivly an open beta.. how is EQ2 ever ment to grow and attract new people if they hide away?
    SoE and others need to be much more open on their products, look at Wow (yes I went there) we have stacks on info on the new expansion and its about 6-8 months away, if these games ever want to grow then need to be more confident in their own products get it out there let people see it.

Not every game company wants to attract the "WoW crowd", I would hope that some companies would prefer customers that were not all taking Ritilin.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Originally posted by Soupgoblin
    Originally posted by coffee Why have a NDA on what is effectivly an open beta.. how is EQ2 ever ment to grow and attract new people if they hide away?

Not every game company wants to attract the "WoW crowd", I would hope that some companies would prefer customers that were not all taking Ritilin.

As I remarked in My Thanksgiving Rodo Report , Blizzard has been very forthcoming with information about their expansion. But I would have to disagree with you Soup - SOE has gone to great lengths to attracts "the WoW Crowd" but with a past of poorly released product I can see the need of a NDA.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan