Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another 11,000 bots get the axe

CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

As a follow up to yesterdays "NCsoft bans 16000 bots" - they did another mass wave last night.

According to Ayase via twitter

"@aion_ayase More than 11.000 confirmed bot accounts were banned from our servers today in a masterful slash with the blade of punishment."

This will make 27k bot accounts banned over the past 48 hours...

Naysayers.... GO! :)

Comments

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Thats great but 27k botters shows you how bad of a game design Aion is.

Botters do not work unless they get money, which requires buyers, buyers do not buy unless the game is designed poorly and allows "Hardcore" games a huge advanage which in turn makes buyers want/need to buy to keep up.   This being a PvPvE game, gamers will want to keep up with rivials and others which forces them to go to "botters" which shows that the game is designed poorly.

Also goes to show you that Aion's numbers are way off, 27k botters banned shows that Botters are being counted as active subs which throws their numbers out the window.

Also if 27k botters got banned then how many are left and how many of those 27k that were banned are already back in game?

Sooner or Later

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

This is good news for people who are upset about bots.

But the naysayers will never go--it's part of their nature to complain on forums, especially about games they no longer play.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

included in the bans are also the morons that buy the kinah.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

Botters do not work unless they get money, which requires buyers, buyers do not buy unless the game is designed poorly and allows "Hardcore" games a huge advanage which in turn makes buyers want/need to buy to keep up.   This being a PvPvE game, gamers will want to keep up with rivials and others which forces them to go to "botters" which shows that the game is designed poorly.
    Also goes to show you that Aion's numbers are way off, 27k botters banned shows that Botters are being counted as active subs which throws their numbers out the window.
    Also if 27k botters got banned then how many are left and how many of those 27k that were banned are already back in game?

Im not gonna get into this... but you realize EVERY MMO has botters and gold sellers...

Yes, even previous WoW.... at release, it was insane... I couldn't walk 20 feet without being spammed by "Buy my Gold" messages... Hell - even now... you can't go to the bank without the /say spam of "buy my gold" (and by "now" I mean within the last 6 months which is the last time I played)

Anyways this is another topic and I don't want to hi-jack THIS thread.... BTW - they had 400k pre-order sales and I believe were up to 700k last I checked.... 27k out of that is nothing (and to be fair there's probably another 100k accounts that are bots)... truthfully I could care less about this. If Aion has a million subs or 100k subs it makes very little difference to my game play... what DOES hurt my game play is Bots - everywhere... they are addressing it..... and rather quickly as of late. I don't see the issue (or your argument really)...

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Once again, great job.

NCSoft went with the players by removing Gameguard. That was a great move to please the players, even knowing they would have problems with an increased amount of bots.

But NC is giving them a fight, and we players are getting all we asked for. A game clean of bots, with no gold spamming and without having to endure Gameguard.

Ofc haters will always be against but what the hell, let them talk. We are the ones playing and reaping the benefits from this great game, not them.

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

At this rate they'll ban their whole user base except for the 200 people that don't bot.

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

yawn.. lol so what? How do you think they got started? Dont worry they WILL be back. They BANNED a account thats all.  They make so much money so whats $15 lol.... is this your 1st MMO?.. WOW and all the other MMO's do this.. yet it dont stop them..

Originally posted by dstar.

At this rate they'll ban their whole user base except for the 200 people that don't bot.

Yawnn... fail troll is fail....

Oh right.... my mistake.. there's actually 699,800 bot accounts and 200 real players....

why do people post to make themself look like a complete idiot? I don't understand....

Originally posted by Cammy

Im not gonna get into this... but you realize EVERY MMO has botters and gold sellers...

Yes, even previous WoW.... at release, it was insane... I couldn't walk 20 feet without being spammed by "Buy my Gold" messages... Hell - even now... you can't go to the bank without the /say spam of "buy my gold" (and by "now" I mean within the last 6 months which is the last time I played)

Anyways this is another topic and I don't want to hi-jack THIS thread.... BTW - they had 400k pre-order sales and I believe were up to 700k last I checked.... 27k out of that is nothing (and to be fair there's probably another 100k accounts that are bots)... truthfully I could care less about this. If Aion has a million subs or 100k subs it makes very little difference to my game play... what DOES hurt my game play is Bots - everywhere... they are addressing it..... and rather quickly as of late. I don't see the issue (or your argument really)...

Yes all games have botters and gold sellers so more then others and that goes back to game design.

All I am saying is simply that banning 27k botters will not stop botting because they will just create another account.   My point about the numbers is that you cannot trust the numbers companies put out because they count these type of accounts.

Sooner or Later

why do people post to make themself look like a complete idiot? I don't understand....

Because they realize what they are good at and want to milk it.

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

Yes all games have botters and gold sellers so more then others and that goes back to game design.

All I am saying is simply that banning 27k botters will not stop botting because they will just create another account.   My point about the numbers is that you cannot trust the numbers companies put out because they count these type of accounts.

if they make more accounts they'll get banned again and again and eventually they won't make money off it anymore because NC is also banning the gold buyers so less and less are buying the kinah. the last shop i saw selling kinah is was down to 2$ for a mil wich is nothing and takes a long time to make that million kinah. and as i said they're banning the gold BUYERS was well so idk too many people that would be dumb enough to risk their account and all their work for 2$.

• dstar.dstar. Member Posts: 474

Originally posted by dstar.

Yawnn... fail troll is fail....

Oh right.... my mistake.. there's actually 699,800 bot accounts and 200 real players....

Calm down weeaboo.  It was a joke.  Go grab a napkin and wipe that foam off your mouth.

Originally posted by abyss610

if they make more accounts they'll get banned again and again and eventually they won't make money off it anymore because NC is also banning the gold buyers so less and less are buying the kinah. the last shop i saw selling kinah is was down to 2$ for a mil wich is nothing and takes a long time to make that million kinah. and as i said they're banning the gold BUYERS was well so idk too many people that would be dumb enough to risk their account and all their work for 2$.

Lower price for gold selling shows that the demand vs supply is bad.  Which is good.  It means the gold seller has too much gold on their hands and wants to unload it.   SO  maybe these bannings are going to help after all but only time will tell.

I do not play Aion but I am keeping an eye on it.  I am looking for an MMO atm but DragonAge is keeping me busy and its just so much fun.

Sooner or Later

I do not play Aion ... I am looking for an MMO atm but DragonAge is keeping me busy and its just so much fun.

I haven't played Dragon Age, but isn't that a single-player game?

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

NCwest has really been excellent from launch 'till now.

-Queues vanish week after launch

-Game launches without the abomination that is Gameguard

-Gold spamming goes from being a game-breaker to a really, really minor annoyance

-Cryengine.dll fortress crashes are fixed

-More exp for a lot of quests

-More probability of loot drops off bosses

-Bots are being banned.

Basically every single issue/QQ westerners had with Aion is fixed / partly resolved, and ALL of the issues are acknowledged by NCsoft.

I for one am impressed with their work until now, and since siege crashes are fixed and bots are getting banned (my main 2 gripes with the game), I'm gonna stay subscribed for a couple of months at least.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Electriceye

-Gold spamming goes from being a game-breaker to a really, really minor annoyance
    -Bots are being banned.

Basically every single issue/QQ westerners had with Aion is fixed / partly resolved, and ALL of the issues are acknowledged by NCsoft.
    I for one am impressed with their work until now, and since siege crashes are fixed and bots are getting banned (my main 2 gripes with the game), I'm gonna stay subscribed for a couple of months at least.

None of this will matter to the failbois.  They will continue to bash away at problems even after they are resolved, or NCSoft proves they are really working to correct (like bots).  If nothing else, they'll just shift to another issue and claim it's gamebreaking.  Such is the way of the pathetic MMO forum PvPer - they just want to be "right".

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216
    Originally posted by Electriceye

-Bots are being banned.

I've become a big fan of NCsoft since starting Aion so I plan to stick around to watch the MMO grow. Aion is the best pvp MMO out right now imo, hands down. With future updates and expansions Aion should continue to get better and better.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• Miner-2049erMiner-2049er Member Posts: 435

If people don't like a game they should find another - NOT start cheating.

Some people are just cheats plain and simple and I'm delighted they're getting banned.

I really like this game and my only issue was the botters; and this mass banning addresses this.

The game design is good, the customer service was bad, but their recent moves suggest they are improving. Kudos to NCSoft.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

As a follow up to yesterdays "NCsoft bans 16000 bots" - they did another mass wave last night.

"@aion_ayase More than 11.000 confirmed bot accounts were banned from our servers today in a masterful slash with the blade of punishment."

Since you need at least 5 minutes per to make sure you are banning legit,that is 27kx5 ...hmm 135k minutes how many hours of man time is that?well thanx to the microsoft calculator it is 2250 hours.24 hours a day IF anyone actually spent 24/7 on this ,more like maybe 4-6 hours a day,anyhow that is 93 days.

I would have to say they are doing a nice CON job here and are out right lying.It would REALISTICALLY take them about 150 days to ban that many players that is at 16 hours a day of investigating,then pulling up accounts to actually ban them.5 people working on the bans IF they have 5 qualified people at witch they work 8 hours a day and IF they work EVERY single minute of that day,witch again will never happen that would still take those 5 about 2 months each.

Do i believe they are paying 5 people to investigate?nope.i would say more like 2-3,anymore and they are only part timers doing other things besides actual investigating.Heck it is even possible they are all part timers on this,hard to believe they actually have hired people to look after botting,since they have NEVER shown ANY interest in this field over the past 10 years.I would say the more realistic side,is that they dedicated a few people from their regular jobs to do maybe 3-4 hours a day investigating.That would mean a realisitic 3-5 months to investigate 27k.

No matter how i look at it from ANY approach,it is quite clear to me that they are lying.All of this ONLY mentions ACTUAL bans,imagine how many accounts they would have to actually investigate,especially when cross referencing RMT trading,your looking at probably 5x that.That would be more like half a year easy to fully investigate that many accounts,it is just an unrealistic  number to believe them at all.

Of course you can always check for yourself and see if all the Kinah selling sites are now out of Kinah and /or are shut down.I am pretty sure you will find that EVERY single one has been untouched,unphased.Also the price to buy Kinah would also rise drastically if that much Kinah was removed from the game.

Just did a google for buy Kinah and no mention on over ten that i checked of any Kinah problems ,as a matter of fact at less than 5 bucks a mil i would say the game is literally FLOODED with RMT kinah.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Since you need at least 5 minutes per to make sure you are banning legit,that is 27kx5 ...hmm 135k minutes how many hours of man time is that?well thanx to the microsoft calculator it is 2250 hours.24 hours a day IF anyone actually spent 24/7 on this ,more like maybe 4-6 hours a day,anyhow that is 93 days.

I would have to say they are doing a nice CON job here and are out right lying.It would REALISTICALLY take them about 150 days to ban that many players that is at 16 hours a day of investigating,then pulling up accounts to actually ban them.5 people working on the bans IF they have 5 qualified people at witch they work 8 hours a day and IF they work EVERY single minute of that day,witch again will never happen that would still take those 5 about 2 months each.

Do i believe they are paying 5 people to investigate?nope.i would say more like 2-3,anymore and they are only part timers doing other things besides actual investigating.Heck it is even possible they are all part timers on this,hard to believe they actually have hired people to look after botting,since they have NEVER shown ANY interest in this field over the past 10 years.I would say the more realistic side,is that they dedicated a few people from their regular jobs to do maybe 3-4 hours a day investigating.That would mean a realisitic 3-5 months to investigate 27k.

No matter how i look at it from ANY approach,it is quite clear to me that they are lying.All of this ONLY mentions ACTUAL bans,imagine how many accounts they would have to actually investigate,especially when cross referencing RMT trading,your looking at probably 5x that.That would be more like half a year easy to fully investigate that many accounts,it is just an unrealistic  number to believe them at all.

Of course you can always check for yourself and see if all the Kinah selling sites are now out of Kinah and /or are shut down.I am pretty sure you will find that EVERY single one has been untouched,unphased.Also the price to buy Kinah would also rise drastically if that much Kinah was removed from the game.

Just did a google for buy Kinah and no mention on over ten that i checked of any Kinah problems ,as a matter of fact at less than 5 bucks a mil i would say the game is literally FLOODED with RMT kinah.

A similar search for money selling on just about any game is going to yield a similar result.

Wow, getting really desperate, though.  Ever ask yourself why you've become so desperate to see a game - a GAME - fail.  Why you obviously hope so badly that gold sales and bots in Aion keep being perceived as a huge problem?

Can you show us on this doll where Aion touched you....

The failboi segment of the MMO community keeps getting larger, and more pathetic, every year.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• TheCalamityTheCalamity Member UncommonPosts: 58

Hate to say it, but your probably right as far as i know they just said that number and didnt put any real evidence behind it, if im wrong, oh well shame on me, but i think ur over exaggerating 5 min for ban maybe like 3 all they need to do is see if they respond to a pm or 2 and check if they r in a guild and they prolly have a /ban think for the gm's to make it quick, ive seena  few games with that option.

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Well Wizardry, ignoring the fact that you have no idea what mechanisms/ways they use, or how many people are working on this, or anything really, I'll entertain you:

1. If every single one of the servers, EU and NA, are getting these waves of bans
    2. Players are actually noticing that the bot farmers are disappearing
    3. If NCsoft continues to acknowledge and take action against them
    4. Results are there for all to see

It doesn't really matter does it? The numbers being banned are big enough to make a glaring difference on ALL servers.

Let's go out a limb there and say that they are 100% lying about the numbers. The results are there however, and everyone I know in-game, on the forums, and even MMORPG.com forums (if they can be called that) is happy with the effort. I can actually see this becoming the 1rst MMO where NCsoft actually acknowledges/fights/takes action against bots.

Only time will tell, but don't talk like you have any idea at all.

EDIT: This just in from Tamat: "This is just the beginning of a multipronged approach to solve the bot problem. If you use third party software to automate gameplay, buy and/or sell gold or spam advertisements ... your days are numbered."

• peteski123peteski123 Member UncommonPosts: 447

27,000 players banned for botting, thats £270,000 a month in revenue lost..  Now show me proof of that bans???

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by peteski123

27,000 players banned for botting, thats £270,000 a month in revenue lost..  Now show me proof of that bans???
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Don't be an idiot.

Originally posted by Rohn

A similar search for money selling on just about any game is going to yield a similar result.

Wow, getting really desperate, though.  Ever ask yourself why you've become so desperate to see a game - a GAME - fail.  Why you obviously hope so badly that gold sales and bots in Aion keep being perceived as a huge problem?

Can you show us on this doll where Aion touched you....

The failboi segment of the MMO community keeps getting larger, and more pathetic, every year.

Dont bother to argue with him... nothing you, I, or NCSoft (hell even God herself) can say to stray this guy's opinion. He Hates Aion so he'll use his last dying breath to preach about how everyone is lying - EVEN though EVERYONE has been noticing the reduced number of bots and congratulating NCSoft... we must all be blind fanbois...

He comes on here all the time posting stuff like this - when its obvious he has no merit of ANYTHING to back up these claims

I just ignore him now because there's just no pleasing certain people.