Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The good, the bad, the ugly, 1 week in.

MrchompyMrchompy Member Posts: 58

The good: Great concept, skill based system, low price. Avatar gets cold/hungry, ect. affecting gameplay.

The bad: UI needs some major work. Random crashes/bugs (kept getting "caught" on nothing in the beggining Roman town for instance, literally 5 minutes to walk 3-4 in game blocks, only had it once though). Not very newb friendly intro (the log pile quest will kill of many players alone, though it wasn't that bad for me).

The ugly:  Late 90's quality graphics. I have seen a total of 3 players in game, though I am in the USA, possibly many of the U.K. players have logged for the night when I come on. 2 were friendly, the other one we just ran by each other.The crafting system is a bit too long (I can't believe there is actually a game where this has happened, a bit of a tone down would help, but it's better than an idiot crafting system. Parse down to say 3/4 to 2/3 of the present time, at least for low level stuff, as I am admitadlly ignorant of high level stuff.).

This is a 17 dollar beta or project essentially. It has alot of good points, and alot of bad points. Personally, it has been worth the money so far, if you can except the limitations mentioned. I won't be adding more money into the game though, unless the revamp/RV2 launch actually sees some major improvement. I am concerned that this game launched 3 years ago and still has these major flaws. Either a diamond in the (very) rough or a money making scam. Hopefully the former, and RV2 will see some major improvements.

Comments

• commanderjimcommanderjim Member UncommonPosts: 40

An honest and fair review I would say.  Better than the players who slate it after 2 minutes of playing. The current RV UI is terrible. It is having a major overhaul for RV2 so we've been told. The invisible barriers bug is a pain. Relogging does solve this.

The original client was done by one man on his own. But he has since left the company. The devs have admitted the current client has laods of limitations they cannot fix which is why so many bugs are still in game. That's why RV2 is so exciting. As a barbarian I can say our starter town is normally very busy. Bare in mind romans do have more players but they are more dispersed around the south and very few stay in Corstorpium as it is generally a poor performance wise town. Barbs although about 3:1 less in numbers are more concentrated in Erring and surrounding boards which makes it easier for new players I guess. Maybe we will fight soon ;)

RV is one of those gems that has soo much potential it just can be frustratingly slow at times.

Glad you gave it a fair go.

Watson

Hero of the Tuatha de Biatach Fianna

Commander Jim

Were all living on knife's edge when will you fall off?

• MarkerMarker Member UncommonPosts: 77

Honest commanderjim heh? From my side wasnt same honest since i finished banned from RV for who knows what reason. but when my time will come RV will feel it very bad. This game is a money scam. Since 2006 when they launched without implementing in game what they already said. And RV2 wont come to soon, they coudnt keep a simple promise to let a trial try for all comunity at begining of Octomber. This is just a backstage project made by some students to scam some money.

I leave a trace in your life