Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice Interview with Ryzom's CTO

NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

There's a decent interview with Ryzom's CTO Vianney Lecroart at Play Massive. It's a German site, but the interview is in English.

Current: None
Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

Comments

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Nizur

There's a decent interview with Ryzom's CTO Vianney Lecroart at Play Massive. It's a German site, but the interview is in English.

What a great interview!

I'm so glad these guys are able to comfortably run the game on the current player base profits.

I've been worried that the small player base would force these guys to close down the game but from this interview it seems that their happy to be a Niche Rp game.

I hope that the devs look into the Ryzom Ring feature it would be nice for it to actually be useful and maybe a bit easier to use.

They should look at both CoH and even SWGs quest maker for ideas.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by metalhead980

What a great interview!

I'm so glad these guys are able to comfortably run the game on the current player base profits.

I've been worried that the small player base would force these guys to close down the game but from this interview it seems that their happy to be a Niche Rp game.

Yeah, that is definitely nice to read. At least we know Ryzom isn't in any danger of getting axed.

It's also nice to see they actually have a marketing plan and budget. No idea how broad of a campaign it is, but that they even have one is good.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• PiquedramPiquedram Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by metalhead980

What a great interview!

I hope that the devs look into the Ryzom Ring feature it would be nice for it to actually be useful and maybe a bit easier to use.

They should look at both CoH and even SWGs quest maker for ideas.

IMHO best stay away from the CoH one, especially the ability to gain XP in there...

Would make things too easy wouldn't it :p

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

What does he mean by this?

...we recently introduced player governments that will be able to take some decisions on their city and nation.

• GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by green13

What does he mean by this?
    ...we recently introduced player governments that will be able to take some decisions on their city and nation.

Look at this: atys.ryzom.com/news/195

same happened for the other races. If you check the chronicles you find all info.

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627

Its rather simple, as in "Players get a say in politics". But rather complicated, as in "what the hell are we allowed/supposed to do?".

I myself, in the form of my character of course, have been invited to a seat on the Matis Nobles Council. So I can only speak from my own experience.

We´re supposed to handle all things "surrounding the inner dealings of the kingdom and all matters that concern Matis Citizens, Matis lands, Matis comerce and Matis customs." So for example, we´re "allowed" to handle the organization of a regular "market day" in Yrkanis. Or we´re concerned with the attacks of Kitin and/or Marauders, that threaten to overwhelm the lands.  We´ve declared the leader of the recent attack as outlawed and set out a bounty on him, for example. We´re called upon to write official notices to our brethren, calling them to arms, for example. We´re concerned with appointing ambassadors to the other races councils too and we´re right in the middle of it. So international politics is by no way our main concern, we do have a small say in them, when it comes to matters concerning the regular people of Matia and their relations to the other races.

We´re not allowed to interfere with OP-Wars for example, for those are the concern of individual guilds. Even though they´re become something of a Faction vs. Faction war over time. We could issue a pure RP statement damning every homin trying to establish a Kami-Tree-Bore-thingy on Matisian soil though. Just for the looks of it, if we wanted to.

Most things we do are pure RP, but if Events demand, we´re doing our best to help history get along fine ;)

I quite enjoy my "work" in this council, though as a bard, my char. isn´t very well suited to this, but she´ll grow into it, Im sure. :D

CU

SaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?