Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Fallout MMO Screenshots Surface

Comments

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by Thillian

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Originally posted by Borkotron

Silly Interplay. You aren't Bethesda!

Thank God for that. Considering how badly they butchered the IP with Fallout 3, I'm glad they have nothing to do with this. At least, I hope not.

Please, I beg Bethesda to stick with their hyped semi-fps semi-rpg console games with horrible UI and even worse dialogues and quests. I guess some people find that fun, but for an MMO, there needs to be a bit more. Thanks god it's back home in Interplay that produced together with Black Isle the first two Fallouts which are considered to be the best rpg's of all time. 

I really can't take anything you ever say seriously. I even try.

I guess my name irritates you enough to always jump into the discussion where I post without saying anything really, only trying to insult me. I noticed you enjoy to defend majorities and general consensus and insult people that are in minority and have a bit different view. This is what you are also doing on the official lotro forums. 

REALITY CHECK

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Thank God for that. Considering how badly they butchered the IP with Fallout 3, I'm glad they have nothing to do with this. At least, I hope not.

Please, I beg Bethesda to stick with their hyped semi-fps semi-rpg console games with horrible UI and even worse dialogues and quests. I guess some people find that fun, but for an MMO, there needs to be a bit more. Thanks god it's back home in Interplay that produced together with Black Isle the first two Fallouts which are considered to be the best rpg's of all time. 

I guess my name irritates you enough to always jump into the discussion where I post without saying anything really, only trying to insult me. I noticed you enjoy to defend majorities and general consensus and insult people that are in minority and have a bit different view. This is what you are also doing on the official lotro forums, where you not once was called a blind fanboy.

Nah, just irrational, nonsensical, thinly supported, and downright crazy posts irritate me. Its coincidence that it is you posting.

"Bit of a different view", is a stretch. And you have never called me a fanboy. Laughable. You may wish to take a look at your posting style.

/derail

I see nothing wrong with the visuals in those screen shots.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

I seem to remember that Interplay PUBLISHED Fallout 1 & 2.  But 1 was programmed by Black Ilse and 2 was programmed by Irrational Games.  Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I recall.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by kasta

I seem to remember that Interplay PUBLISHED Fallout 1 & 2.  But 1 was programmed by Black Ilse and 2 was programmed by Irrational Games.  Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I recall.

Lets not let facts get in the way of a good rant shall we.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by kasta

"Christopher "Chris" Taylor is a computer, board and card game developer originally from Southern California. Taylor is most famous for designing the original Fallout title for Interplay Entertainment, along with Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky and Jason Anderson.

In 2005, Taylor and two other Fallout designers - Tom Decker and Scott Everts - founded Zero Radius Games, a board game and non-collective card game development company.

On September 22, 2008, it was announced on Interplay's website that Taylor had rejoined the company and would be working on Project V13, the proposed Fallout MMORPG."

Interplay and Black Isle were pretty much mixed up. The developers were paid by Interplay and they dragged majority of the team that made Fallout 1&2 into this new Fallout MMO. So much about facts. For the sources, just do a bit of search, I won't do that for you.

REALITY CHECK

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Interplay and Masthead Studios.

This was announced a while ago...But if they are working with Masthead studios expect a seamless world.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by GetViolated

Originally posted by ghettobooste

Seriously?

Fallout 3 is only one the best games of all time.  I suppose you could have hoped it was more like Dragon Age or the original Fallouts, but the game they made is freakin amazing!

fallout3 was horrible it was just like a skinned morrowind, which itself was pretty boring 

Yeah, a reskinned Oblivion with guns is basically all it was. And the shooting mechanics were horribly implemented to boot.  You literally can't hit the broadside of a barn with a gatling gun from 30 feet without VATS. Combine that with the lackluster story (with one of the crappiest endings in VG history) and you've got a real turkey.

Just my opinion. If you enjoy it, then I am happy for you. It just wasn't the game for me, to say the least.

To boot, you seem to think companies make games, not individuals on teams. Most of the original Blackisle/Fallout developers are at Bethesda.

No, actually I was talking about the original developers. None three main designers for Fallout 1&2 ever worked for Bethesda. One of the three is now working for Interplay for their new Fallout MMO. Interplay announced it on their website some time ago that they employeed again part of the original dev team. Get your sources right before you again join a discussion. First you insulted me, then you edited your post, and then you make sarcastic comment about me not knowing the facts which in fact turned otherwise. You are a book perfect definition of a troll.

REALITY CHECK

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686

I really liked Fallout 3. I thought that Bethseda did a great job and I would definately buy their next Fallout installment.  However, I really liked the Interplay games a lot (I still play them)- if I had my druthers, the two studios would work together on it.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

Originally posted by Astralglide

I really liked Fallout 3. I thought that Bethseda did a great job and I would definately buy their next Fallout installment.  However, I really liked the Interplay games a lot (I still play them)- if I had my druthers, the two studios would work together on it.

As awesome as that would be and how I would SUPPORT that move. I doubt those two companies could ever be friends again. 

• Zorvan01Zorvan01 Member CommonPosts: 390

To boot, you seem to think companies make games, not individuals on teams. Most of the original Blackisle/Fallout developers are at Bethesda.

No, actually I was talking about the original developers. None three main designers for Fallout 1&2 ever worked for Bethesda. One of the three is now working for Interplay for their new Fallout MMO. Interplay announced it on their website some time ago that they employeed again part of the original dev team. Get your sources right before you again join a discussion. First you insulted me, then you edited your post, and then you make sarcastic comment about me not knowing the facts which in fact turned otherwise. You are a book perfect definition of a troll.

Actually, many of the Blackisle developers are at Obsidian, which has the license for Fallout: Las Vegas given to them by Bethesda ( it's not Fallout 4, Bethesda is making that, it's more of an interim game set by itself in Vegas ). And considering the trash Obsidian puts out (KotOR 2 although not terrible was more like a simple mod of KotOR than a fresh game, and the failtastic Neverwinter nights 2 ), I'm not impressed with their "talent.

image]image

Originally posted by Zorvan01

Actually, many of the Blackisle developers are at Obsidian, which has the license for Fallout: Las Vegas given to them by Bethesda ( it's not Fallout 4, Bethesda is making that, it's more of an interim game set by itself in Vegas ). And considering the trash Obsidian puts out (KotOR 2 although not terrible was more like a simple mod of KotOR than a fresh game, and the failtastic Neverwinter nights 2 ), I'm not impressed with their "talent.

I did not really mean the regular coders and scripters. I meant the designers. From the original three, one is in NCsoft, one in Blizzard working on Diablo 3, and the other one is in Interplay now working on Interplay on this Fallout MMO.

The coders and scripters are not usually too important. It always depends on the amount of money, time and the ability of the lead designers and managers to join it all together. None of the leading designers from Fallout 1&2 ever worked for Bethesda. Yes original Black Isle team except for the lead designers are now in Obsidian.

REALITY CHECK

"The company also announced that Chris Taylor, a game designer who was a part of the original Fallout game development team at Interplay in 1994, has rejoined the company. Taylor will serve as Lead System Designer for “Project V13,” the working title of Interplay’s next generation Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMO) currently in development. Taylor joins other original Fallout team members on staff at Interplay’s internal game studio, "

http://www.interplay.com/about/article.php?id=24

REALITY CHECK

• chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Originally posted by Player_420

umm no Fallen Earths....hell even WoW's graphics puts this uninspired crap to shame.

Sigh . . . .  Here is your coat   ....

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

All I can say is fallout, and fallout 2 were great,  falout tactics, and fallout 3 well one word sums that up as in they both sucked.

I have fallen earth who needs fallout after falout 3 disaster.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by erictlewis

after falout 3 disaster.

If winning numerous awards and selling copy after copy is a disaster I guess every studio is praying for such ill fortune.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

I played fallout  when it came out, I played fallout 2 when it came out. I own tactics (not played it) and I bought fallout 3 when it came out.

All three are great. There is nothing wrong with fallout 3, and as for being a reskinned oblivion, its definately not. I own oblivion too, and  I find it directionless and horrid to play, especially the guild system....robbing everyone blind...

Fallout 3 at least has some direction, a fun story that  I can tell, lots of side areas to level up/quest in. What more do you want?

I'm not an first person shooter player, and hate those kinds of games normally (most fps people I've met are people with anger problems), but I like Fallout 3.

I don't care who makes a fallout mmo imho, as long as it sgood, and as long as it has great scavenging and crafting (hint - Fallen Earth in a few months time) :P

• AstralglideAstralglide Member UncommonPosts: 686
    Originally posted by Malickie

after falout 3 disaster.

If winning numerous awards and selling copy after copy is a disaster I guess every studio is praying for such ill fortune.

How was Fallout 3 in anyway a disaster? They managed to resurrect this dead game beloved by millions, keep the themes and allow players to create and share custom content. I would like to see another Fallout in the style of the first two, but calling Fallout 3 a disaster is like calling WoW a disaster. You don't have to like the game, but you can't deny it's success.

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

after falout 3 disaster.

How was Fallout 3 in anyway a disaster? They managed to resurrect this dead game beloved by millions, keep the themes and allow players to create and share custom content. I would like to see another Fallout in the style of the first two, but calling Fallout 3 a disaster is like calling WoW a disaster. You don't have to like the game, but you can't deny it's success.

First let me explain myself.  Fallout 3 was a total steaming pile of junk. I installed that on my computer.  Every time I tured around it would have erros with the game.  The game contunually crashed. Even with the updated stuff that I downloaded through the patches.  I hated the combat in this game especially the part added to zoom in on and focus on.  The game was such a steaming pile of junk I never got out of the main megaton city where your suposed to put the detonator on the bomb.  I don't know how you would say it resurected  Fallout 1 or 2. Too bad that fallout 2 dont run on dx10 or I would still play it from time to time.  Most fallout folks I know actually hatted Fallout 3.  Gosh knows I did, it was buggy and probably one of the worst games I ever spent money on.  To bad direct to drive does not give refunds. Lets just say I will never ever buy anything else made by them ever.

after falout 3 disaster.

First let me explain myself.  Fallout 3 was a total steaming pile of junk. I installed that on my computer.  Every time I tured around it would have erros with the game.  The game contunually crashed. Even with the updated stuff that I downloaded through the patches.  I hated the combat in this game especially the part added to zoom in on and focus on.  The game was such a steaming pile of junk I never got out of the main megaton city where your suposed to put the detonator on the bomb.  I don't know how you would say it resurected  Fallout 1 or 2. Too bad that fallout 2 dont run on dx10 or I would still play it from time to time.  Most fallout folks I know actually hatted Fallout 3.  Gosh knows I did, it was buggy and probably one of the worst games I ever spent money on.  To bad direct to drive does not give refunds. Lets just say I will never ever buy anything else made by them ever.

Ermm... I don't know about those errors at all. You must just have a buggy install and never bothered repair or doing a fresh re-install.  You are a WoW or Everquest person. You like having a click auto-attack system. FPS is not your thing, it is alright to tell the truth instead of down grading a game.  

BTW, NEVER EVER GET D2D! It is really the stupidest thing you can do for single players games. I personally never trust paying a game over the internet and downloading it off the internet. I much rather have a CD. Much more reliable and you know you are getting a good install every time. 

• Moon-DaddyMoon-Daddy Member UncommonPosts: 101

I laugh at everyones rage towards the graphics, they know nothing of pre-alpha staging and how most games do not apply full rez texturing or GI lighting, also most models are primitive place holders to work out environments.  L2game design.

Making so much noise you dont know when to listen.

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

shows you how different set ups screw up peoples games :P

Fallout 3 worked first time for me on xp, on an old dual core with a 7800GT.

Fallout 2 works in windows 7 on compatibility as well :P

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Interplay is not what it used to be, having lost all the creative juices behind classics like the first two Fallout games and Planescape: Torment... (most of them are at Obsidian now) Still... I'd prefer them making this game than Bethesda, who in my opinion does one uninspired game after another.

• MuffinStumpMuffinStump Member UncommonPosts: 474

Screenshot threads are the best!

So funny :)

So easy to stir up debate with a picture that is ultimately meaningless even when determining general art direction. It could be at any design stage under any rendering parameters relating to a staged or in-game shot that may or may not even be for the game in question. wheee

At any rate at least they have more storyline and content in the existing IP than most MMO ventures. Should be interesting

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Nikopol

Interplay is not what it used to be, having lost all the creative juices behind classics like the first two Fallout games and Planescape: Torment... (most of them are at Obsidian now) Still... I'd prefer them making this game than Bethesda, who in my opinion does one uninspired game after another.

How does it feel being one of the ten people on the entire planet that thinks Bethesda sucks?

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum