Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING! If you need customer service at wizard101... forget it!

wizcaresnotwizcaresnot Member Posts: 2

My daughter is a level 39 at wizard101.com

She has been a rule-observing-hard-playing member for over a year - needless to say plenty of time and money spent here.

Last week my daughters account was compromised with $75 of bogus charges put on my debit card on file there.

My first reaction was my child made some purchases; but after seious investigation I could see that if she did make these purchases - the purchases have never been added to her account. So regardless- no product has been delivered for these charges. That in itself is totally unacceptable from any online merchant!

Not only that - she is a good kid and swears like I do we did not make these charges.

Also, the email was changed that is associated with our master account that controls purchases - this email is not ours and has never been and in fact the email itself looks bogus.

My point?  I have emailed wizard101.com about ten times to all their available support emails - with all the information they say they require.  I am unable to use their support  forums because  of the bad email now in our account - we can't get replies or reset passwords if we try!

I have called the phone number they list as customer support and they tell me they don't answer or monitor the calls - and I should go to the support forums at the site !  Watch me run in circles wizard101.com! Thanks a bunch! [not]

Wizard101.com is ignoring us.  They have yet to respond in 7 days and they promise 48hr response.  The could care less for my daughters level 39 account that she cannot play  as we have been set to trial members now (we cannot update our billing info)and obviously wizard101.com cares even less about hackers and bogus charges going on their customers charge cards.

The money will be returned... that is a chance I take making purchases online - but what now for my daughter? Sure there are worse things in life - but you tell her (ten yrs old)  while she has a melt-down not being to play her came where she left off last week.

T. Logan

candyinadish123's very unimpressed with wizard101.com mom

Comments

• KingsIsleKingsIsle Community Manager of KingsIsleMember Posts: 158

I'll look into this immediately. If you do not get a response by Tuesday, please email me at [email protected].

I have suspended use of this account pending further investigation, so please know that at this time no one can access the account until we have thoroughly looked into what is happening.

I'm sorry you have not received an adequate response, but please be assured that I will personally look into why this was not addressed.

~Professor Greyrose

Our apologies if you've not received our responses. We've communicated back on several tickets that this account was compromised on 11/7 when the username and password were confirmed as being given out in game. We've issued a refund, please allow 2-3 days for the refund to appear on your statement.

Please know that KingsIsle Entertainment works very hard to maintain a safe environment for all of our players. While we try to negate the player's exposure to foul language and/or harassing behaviors, people can still get very creative in getting around our safe-guards. For security reasons, we can not share with you the exact chat logs used in game, however, if you contact us, we can give you a sampling of the the words/phrases which were said by the account's character which led to this sanctioning.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and cooperation in addressing this matter. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to respond to the email that was sent to you today regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

KingsIsle Support

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Kudos on the quick response to this post, KingsIsle.  Obviously, I don't know what happened with the OPs original support requests, but that you handled this immediately upon reading it is impressive.

~Ripper

• victoriasousvictoriasous Member Posts: 2

i also encountered a problem a bit different than yours but still an unresolved issue. I was doing the crafting quest to get the transcendant badge.  YOu have to craft an Eagle War shield which i did.  When I went to turn the quest in, it did not give me the badge therefore I cant craft anything for that level.

I contacted KingsIsle many times with images so they see I crafted the shield but not one person has responded to me.

I am not sure what to do as I already contacted the headquarters, I also sent emails to Tom Hall, and others and it seems to me like they really dont care about any concerns or technical issues there clients have.

Originally posted by victoriasous

i also encountered a problem a bit different than yours but still an unresolved issue. I was doing the crafting quest to get the transcendant badge.  YOu have to craft an Eagle War shield which i did.  When I went to turn the quest in, it did not give me the badge therefore I cant craft anything for that level.

I contacted KingsIsle many times with images so they see I crafted the shield but not one person has responded to me.

I am not sure what to do as I already contacted the headquarters, I also sent emails to Tom Hall, and others and it seems to me like they really dont care about any concerns or technical issues there clients have.

We have repeatedly replied to you, young Wizard. You seemed to find us on all venues except the one you really should be using. 

Tom Hall is not an employee of KingsIsle Entertainment. The correct contact for this sort of issue is our support team at [email protected]
    We are aware of this issue and it will be addressed before the end of the year. You have our apologies for the inconvenience but this does not prevent you from progressing through the story line or completing side quests. 

• scootserscootser Member Posts: 2

...Happened across this post while I was here voting.  I have contacted customer support on several occasions during my gameplay up to a  level 85 wizard.  My results?  Very courteous, timely, and in every instance helpful responses, even when occasionally the error was mine.  I have no connections to the game or KI other than as a happy gamer.  Hope your experience improves, hope you get your shield soon,

ah

• gr33narrowgr33narrow Member UncommonPosts: 4
    making me want to play this game just because of the purportedly good service. rarefied air in the mmo world i say.
  • W4LD0W4LD0 Member Posts: 1

I know how ya all feel.About a year ago, I  sent  numberous emails to KI about me missing plants and missing pets.their response was that the loggs say that  the missing  items was removed by the account holder. I told them  that I hadn`t  done it . but  yet  they refused to fix the  problem of the  missing  pets and  plants.My wife and I  have  paid  membership for over 2 years and have  been  playin  since almost  when game  came out and  yet they ignore or tell us  these buggs aren`t  their  problem.worst  part is that the seeds for the plants was won in battles and the  pets were  bought from  CROWN SHOP at HALLOWEEN and  X-MAS and I had to  replace all the missing stuff at  my  cost.And I  bought my own security  program to stop  people  from  getting in my account at my  PC.

all I  got to say is : KINGISLE GET THE  BUGGS  FIXED AND GET A  RELIABLE SECURITY PROGRAM SO THINGS LIKE THIS WON`T HAPPEN TO THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YA ALL`S SALARY(US CUSTOMERS).