Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Current developers/publishers. Query

I'm actually surprised this is still around. Honestly, last I remember of the game Horizons closed down, and then it was reopened by a company that basically scammed everyone and ran off again. Exactly how did it show up again and more importantly, it's not those same guys running it again right >>?

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

Comments

• AywrenAywren Istaria CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by Kordesh

I'm actually surprised this is still around. Honestly, last I remember of the game Horizons closed down, and then it was reopened by a company that basically scammed everyone and ran off again. Exactly how did it show up again and more importantly, it's not those same guys running it again right >>?

Istaria is still alive and perhaps better than ever  -- lots of new content and improvements have been released over the past year and complete revamps of old areas are being tested right this moment.

Yes, there is "new" management and a different team heading up the game (not THOSE guys). I say "new" because Virtrium acquired Istaria from THOSE guys and has been developing it for over two years now. They've turned a lot of things around... I see nothing but good things coming for this game - much of that news will be shared here, soon!

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

That's good to hear. Might give the trial a shot then. Was a shame to see it go after the rocky start it had, but I didn't really expect it to still be around after the group that scooped up the website took over. I think it was still going by the name Horizons primarily then which is why it never popped back up on my radar when Istaria became the header. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• AywrenAywren Istaria CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by Kordesh

That's good to hear. Might give the trial a shot then. Was a shame to see it go after the rocky start it had, but I didn't really expect it to still be around after the group that scooped up the website took over. I think it was still going by the name Horizons primarily then which is why it never popped back up on my radar when Istaria became the header. 

I hope you do check in sometime. Keep in mind that they now offer a free to play (forever) type account if you'd be interested in a trial that's longer than a trial. :)