Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance Issues all over the place! :(

I have just recently got into the Station All Access Pass subscription to play Everquest II, Star Wars Galaxies, and Pirates of the Burning Sea. SWG and Pirates run extremely well but EQII just doesn't run well at all unless I go to the "Extreme Peformance" setup.

Here's my spec's: (Nvidia drivers, Sound drivers are up to date)

Windows XP Home Edition

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Processor (4 cpu's) (~3.00ghz)

3328 MB System RAM

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260 896mb

Creative Soundblaster Audigy Pro PCI w/ SB Live 24bit

I have been testing EQII at every single supported resolution and I get poor performance even at 640x480. The game will stutter every few seconds when I walk around. Is there anything that I can do to improve performance instead of just going to Extreme Performance mode? I have a better computer than what this game is showing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I have nearly the exact same rig as you do and don't have a problem. I suggest you post on the EQ2 forums. Others may have had the same issue you are.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

uhmm it is probably ur memory ram. I have gtx 9800, quad core 2.8 oc to 3.0 i play on max with no lag or frame skips or stutters.

If you are using vista that takes 1gb of ram then the game itself takes 2gb I think im not positive. I  have 8gb ram.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Most of your sysem specs are better than mine, and I have no such issues. Have you read the top sticky on this page for graphics tweaking hints?

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186

2.4 ghz, 2 gb ram, 128mb vid, on a 6 year old motherboard

I don't have nearly the specs you do and mine looks and plays great.  All over the internet there are pages on what to put your setting at.  There are a few things you can turn off that make very little difference but will greatly speed up graphics processing.