Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Buy Dragon Age, Receive WAR Goodies

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We received our copies of Dragon Age: Origins today, and packed within the box were the usual suspects, manual, game, etc, but we also discovered something interesting in the box: a slip cross-promoting Warhammer Online.

The front of the slip is a bit outdated, advertising the 10 Day Free Trial, which is now an unlimited free trial. But for those who are already beating people down in WAR, the back of the slip offers a code for two exclusive items: the highly coveted Skaven skin cloak, and an Adventurer's Handbook which confers a 10% EXP bonus.

Comments

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Yikes!

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

thought the trial was still in effect they only said they were going to get rid of it and go freemium

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146

it's all very well having these incentives to get players to play, but they need a game that will hold on to those players. And WAR doesn't have that AT ALL.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by Wintersbite

it's all very well having these incentives to get players to play, but they need a game that will hold on to those players. And WAR doesn't have that AT ALL.

Ill give them this they fixed everything but t4. Once they do that people would still play.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Heard dragon age is a huge hit.  Too bad warhammer has to track its muddy paws all over it.

• kllrjattkllrjatt Member Posts: 4

yikes i already have both of them

what should i do ???

EBAY ! ! ! 

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

when is Warhammers Tier 1 going free? might jump back into that.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Frostbite05
    Ill give them this they fixed everything but t4. Once they do that people would still play.

If they fixed T4 and gave everyone who played at launch a free month, they would get a LOT of people back.

The bloom is off Aion, from what I`m seeing.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• PurpleCliffPurpleCliff Member UncommonPosts: 156

When is Warhammer's trial gonna be free forever? I'll definitely jump on that, WAR was some of the most fun I've ever had in PvP, ever.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter
    If they fixed T4 and gave everyone who played at launch a free month, they would get a LOT of people back.
    The bloom is off Aion, from what I`m seeing.

Things isn't that easy. The original idea was that the endgame should have been about sieging the 6 citys, if a side lost a city they should have been forced to retake it or wait until they lost the war and the server reseted. 

Now they only have 2 citys and instead put in some useless keeps. This means that the endgame is just a little part of what it was supposed to be, but I am sure MJ lied when he said that the 4 last citys were almost dune but not polished enough.

To get the endgame working they need those citys, and they also need to split up greenskins and chaos. That would make the RvR interesting enough to get back old and new players but Mythic doesn't have enough recources to actually do this. The game should have been another year in development.

Now they are really desperate, all games workshops products seem to have offers also for the game. It is too bad, Warhammer have an awesome world and Mythic started well but they just killed off to much content. Also they could have used more from the RPG game. But mostly is the problem that the game isn't made by Warhammer fans, it doesn't really feel like warhammer. The horror and madness just isn't there.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

^^^^^^^^^^^

That. I love Warhammer lore. The game had great potential. Somehow, they managed to hosed the whole thing up by trying to do one thing while also dancing around doing a million other things for essentially marketing purposes (appealing to this demographic, appealing to that one, and otherwise appealing to too many people). 

Hell from the start they had their community split between the people who were in favor of the scenario combat and people who wanted ORvR. This is as much of a core problem as the city/keep situation. At this point, most of the people left either live with the scenarios or love them, so gutting them out to get people to come back isn't going to work, but at the same time, ORvR will never work properly with them. 

It's really astounding how badly this game has managed to screw itself /=.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!