Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most fun you've ever had in an MMORPG

AldrethAldreth Member UncommonPosts: 79

Thought this would be an interesting topic, I would like to know which MMORPG you were playing and what it was that was so much fun :P

For me I would have to say Dark Age of Camelot - PVP'ing in the level 20-24 Battlegrounds. By far the most fun I have ever had in any MMORPG to date.

Don't get excited about a tax cut. It's like a mugger giving you back fare for a taxi.

Don't get excited about a tax cut. It's like a mugger giving you back fare for a taxi.

Comments

• MancubusMancubus Member Posts: 9

The MMORPG that I had the most fun in is pretty much a tie. I had the most fun in battlegrounds in DAoC and I also had just as much fun questing with friends in Asheron's Call.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Motor City Online.

Beating people in pink slip races, and winning a track for the first time with my clan. ::::28::

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

Ultima Online in the Glory Days (97-99) Camping IDOCS, and All The Fun Times In [GH] (The Green Horde) On Pacific

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Running around and riding speed bikes long, long distances . . . with the wind blowing in your hair . . .and killing ppl who stand around in Star Wars Galaxies.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Easily UO, the most fun and best MMORPG I have ever played. It was also my first, so that certaintly helps. The main reasons i liked it so much were the open-ended gameplay... you could do and be anything you wanted to, and you could go anywhere you wanted (almost) without being ganked by stupid mobs like in Everquest. The skill based system as opposed to class/level based was an awsome decision as it allowed you to create a truly unique character. Along with TONS of items, crafting, houses, boats, treasure hunts, PVP, mounts and a number of other things, this game was (emphasis on was) awsome!

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

Its a toss up for me....

I would have to say my first six months of SWG (which was from release day) before the game turned into the jedi loving uber armored solo fest it is now.

A close second would be my time in anarchy online before shadowlands came out.

" Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOM STICK!"

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• PsychlonusPsychlonus Member Posts: 45

I've only played a few, but you know what they say.. you never forget your first. image

Bad analogy, but still... SWG was my first, and I had a LOT of fun.  I loved the little things like .. I walked into a Cantina, and there were a lot of people chatting... and I had no frickin clue what they were saying.  You had to learn every race's language.  It's the little things like that that I liked.  Crafting as fun also.  Yes, Crafting.  I only quit because of money issues almost a year ago... and from what i've read, it's not much fun anymore. :

City Of Heroes was the only other one I played for a substantial amount of time.  Played it since the day of release, then after about 2 months, I stopped playing.  I apparently forgot to cancel my subscription, so I decided to log back on one day, and I had got right back into it.  That lasted for another 3 months or so.  I managed to get to lvl 40, and the boredom hit me like a brick wall.  So many things about the game were great.. awesome even.  But, there just wasn't enough content for me.  Hopefully CoV will change all that.  But I won't be checking it out.

One thing about both.... I didn't find the community to be all that great.  I made a few good friends in both games.  And very much like these forums... people can be so very brave behind their avatar.  And I don't mean brave in a good way.  image

I look forward to my next MMO experience... whatever that may be.

"Holy crip he's a crapple!" - Peter Griffin

"Holy crip he's a crapple!" - Peter Griffin

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Althought it is definitely WRONG...

Playing EQ as a chanter and been litterally harassed for groups, even when anonymous.  Getting guilds offers and ninja guild invite from different guilds. It is good to feel like a superstar!

- "Solo is, will always be, the main market. A MMORPG that succeed with little or no solo appeal is doing great considering they are ignoring the main player base.''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

Several things come to mind,

first diamond group in daoc ( when diamonds in df were worth it)

in corsecana mines leveling from about 35-42 is in big groups

2 days at fins tree going from 45 - 50

large guild hunts, and when si came out exploring the big dungons there

• StormDogStormDog Member Posts: 68

Originally posted by Aldreth

For me I would have to say Dark Age of Camelot - PVP'ing in the level 20-24 Battlegrounds. By far the most fun I have ever had in any MMORPG to date.

Definitely a great time in the BGs.

But my favorite would have been hunting Eastham Beach in AC1 (low level area). Was right after it's release and my 1st entrancing MMORPG (UO Beta didn't really count).

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    AC1. The good old darktide days. Nothing compares to the drama, betrayal, and warfare on that server. Such memorable characters.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• ThoomThoom Member Posts: 436

EQ the 1st months the game was out, discovering what frustration was in Black Burrow and Runny eye.

Gotta love those trainsimage

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

Similar fond memories of Daoc...

First barrows group,

First House gob group,

First DF group.

Actually, everything about that game impressed me :)

Pan

Pan

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

My funniest time in a Mmorpg was, without doubt, in original UO when leading my guild we were involved in a deep storyline with a rival guild. They were very honorable and we had very many memorable moments.

Shame that we lost all single time ;)

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• protorocprotoroc Member Posts: 1,042
    playing AO (before SL), ganking clanners with my 58 twink agent on thier way to get phat noob loot from TOTW, just to make the pvper show up....fun battles back then

• RhevinRhevin Member UncommonPosts: 611
    This is easy for me. I played one MMORPG and it was sadly Lineage][. Yes, it does get a lot of bad reviews (myself included) but being a DE watching a castle siege ontop a hill with clanmates and talking on VEntrilo, I have to admit that was pretty nifty.

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566

Getting caught in Kithicor after dark and smeared by a werewolf, then getting my revenge.

Tight groups in FM waiting for forest loops to drop.

Getting trained hard in Mistmoore by dark-elf chicks in assless chaps.

First Naggy run, only because I was easily the lowest knob there and didnt know what the hell I was doing.

All low level stuff, but fun.

"I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God. . .
    . . . God will be cut."
    - Quentin Tarantino, Kill Bill

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• Cyan8313Cyan8313 Member Posts: 37

Easily PlanetSide... Back in beta when it was actually playable.. Being the last survivor in my squad anxoiosly waiting for reinforcements... Hotdropping straight into the fray etc...

Now it's all crap just a million zerg rushes with no thought for originality.

And ofcourse Endless Ages in beta 9 before they screwed up armors and a ton of idiot noobs joined.

Cyan

//Edit for typos

• KelaraKelara Member Posts: 1
    Ultima Online in the early days wins hands down.  No other game I've played since (SWG, EverQuest, DAoC)...has achieved the sence of community and immersiveness that I experienced in UO.  Buying and placing that first house, running from sea serpants on the high seas, a room full of pet chickens, orcs spawning in your house, polar bears eating your furniture...it wasn't pretty, it wasn't perfect, but it sure was FUN :)

• na1rbna1rb Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Rhevin
    This is easy for me. I played one MMORPG and it was sadly Lineage][. Yes, it does get a lot of bad reviews (myself included) but being a DE watching a castle siege ontop a hill with clanmates and talking on VEntrilo, I have to admit that was pretty nifty.

I played lineage 1 for 4 years.  Best game ever created.  All of those who give it bad reviews obviously didn't play for mroe then 6 hours.  I had a lev 43 mage, 47 knight, 46 knight, 35 elf, and hope to go back and play again :)