Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on classes/races

ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

I just played the ST, but I didnt notice any specifict race/class traits like for example druids being able to forage, rangers being able to track, elves having night vision etc.  Are these things non existant in the game?  If so its really going to suck.

-----------------Censored------------------

Comments

• akibaruakibaru Member Posts: 44

Well, foraging is a tradeskill thing in WOW like most mmorpgs. (herbalism, fishing etc)
    I dont know if hunters have tracking skill but i know that warlocks have or will have a skill that tracks demons.

• VindicothVindicoth Member Posts: 273
    If you are asking if there are racial traits, then the answer is yes.  Undead are immune to .. ergh.. I think like being charmed and stuff and theres other things, like being able to breath underwater. But there are other things like in warcraft 3 how the paladin can cast holy light on undead for double what it heals, you can cast it in this for the same thing.

• VindicothVindicoth Member Posts: 273
    Err.. i sorta forgot to mention the other thing sbefore i hit enter.

Humans are supposed to get double training points.

Dwarfs supposed to get some cold resistance and something else, can't remember.

• FE|TachyonFE|Tachyon Member UncommonPosts: 652

Nobody has stated what each class Traits will be.

Humans will almost DEFINITLY NOT get double training points. If they did, everyone would be human, because you could train ALL your specialties.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Originally posted by ramadin
    I just played the ST, but I didnt notice any specifict race/class traits like for example druids being able to forage, rangers being able to track, elves having night vision etc. Are these things non existant in the game? If so its really going to suck.

Firstly, I hope you don’t play WoW. Please stick with EQ and wallow in the ignorance of playing a shallow, unreplayable mmorpg. Your measure of a meaningful mmorpg is laughable. Not meant to be mean, just honest. . .I dont think you will appreciate WoW.

Now for those that are actually interested in a mmorpg like WoW that does a lot a little bit better than most, talents can be found here and racial abilities can be found here, by reading about each race.

As an edit to this, keep in mind that any game that is not yet commercialized and even those that are, are subject to modifications of everything. ::::35::

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Firstly, I hope you don’t play WoW. Please stick with EQ and wallow in the ignorance of playing a shallow, unreplayable mmorpg. Your measure of a meaningful mmorpg is laughable. Not meant to be mean, just honest. . .I dont think you will appreciate WoW.

Thanks for the concern but I dont play EQ.  Funny that you mention it though since many of the controls and commands are an exact copy verbatim from EQ1.  Guess you wont be liking WoW after all.  Thanks everyone for your answers, very helpful.

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Thanks for the concern but I dont play EQ. Funny that you mention it though since many of the controls and commands are an exact copy verbatim from EQ1. Guess you wont be liking WoW after all. Thanks everyone for your answers, very helpful.

Funny how you dont play EQ, but can rattle off a class and traits that are specific to that game. Anyway, good luck in your journey.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

I used to play EQ, and pre Luclin expansion its a better game then WoW, but as always too many expansions ruin a game.  But seeing as how its one of the longest lasting MMORPGs to date I'd say that says pretty good things about it.  I think WoW is pretty good too for the most part.  I hope it lasts.

• ShadowdawnzShadowdawnz Member UncommonPosts: 201

Although I respect everyones views, I kinda pity the people who are sucked up so much in one game, for example EQ2 or even WoW, it seems they look down upon other mmo's ...really sad.

I played WoW and loved it. NEWS FLASH people EQ2 isnt God and im not saying Wow is.  Ya some things are out of place in Wow, same goes for EQ2 (no proof. But admit it.. its made by humans..). WoW might not be THE GAME in everyone's opinion but yes, im sorry to say but, EQ2 is far from the same. I havent got the chance to try EQ2 because of what my comp was during all the betas. I think it can run EQ2 now. far from the point. I think that even tho it has the greatest graphics, I'm skeptical about the gameplay.. i mean, EQ1 didn't catch my attention. I tried it, made an effort to enjoy the game....but nope lost interest. Now, I think the game is really boring. My point in saying this is, I've read reviews of people saying EQ2 will be EQ1 but, with better graphics... So, tho everyone is entitled  to their own opinions, the game is not shallow or unplayable to me and it wont be to others untill we realize it ourselves...  What  is unmeaningful to you is probably meaningful for others who have taken the time and dedication to enjoy a game. And in any case, to answer Ramadin bout the race/class traits. I think, it would be stupid not to implement em' but if they dont.... It all depends on what you feel are most important features of this game that will make it great or not, to you...

I dont want to cause a stir, so if knowone shares my views then just ignore this post or, if I have affended anyone, it wasn't my intent.

JE