Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Now Available for Macs!

MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community ManagerQueens, NYPosts: 5,724Administrator Uncommon

The Mac version of Warhammer Online is now live! For existing subscribers of WAR, the Mac version is available for download free of charge.

New players will be able to purchase the Mac client at Gametreeonlnie.com for $19.95, and the package will include a free 30 days of game time. The client is available by digital distribution only.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB

Comments

• OdelaOdela Plainville, CTPosts: 120Member

That will save WAR, definitely.

• DovenDoven Cedar Crest, NMPosts: 138Member

gee.. ty.

at least its digital..  or i would put it on the shelf with my PC box that  i havnt opened since .... oh say,  3rd week of purchase?

seriously.   resources that could have been used to improve the existing product, instead of making available to macs a less than spectacular flop.  yeah.. i said it.  flop.j  not going on my mac .. nope

:)    lol, maybe they give you a penguin or something.   oh wait.  thats someone else.

done

d

"He who reigns within himself and rules his passions, desires, and fears is more than a king."

"Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much argruing, much writting, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making."

John Milton 1608-1674

• IAmMMOIAmMMO LondonPosts: 1,333Member Uncommon

WAR is a fitting MMO for Mac users, it's shallow , very linear and simple, just as Mac users like things.

• LasastardLasastard StockholmPosts: 604Member
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

WAR is a fitting MMO for Mac users, it's shallow , very linear and simple, just as Mac users like things.

Considering that OsX is a unix variant, this shows your understanding (or lack therefor) of operating systems...

That aside, I actually don't think that it was a lot of work for Mythic to port WAR to Mac, since they use a commercial software package that 'simply' wraps the Windows code into something processable by OsX. A bit like a stand-alone-version of WINE, I think.

• MillenMillen Karlstad/MelbournePosts: 9Member

Awesome News!

Do you want to play free MMORPG's for Mac?
    Go Here: http://www.freemacgamer.com/category/mmorpg/