Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chinese company bans opposite gender playing

Comments

• heremypetheremypet Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 528
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

We're talking about Asian MMOs here, right?
    So now all the guys who play as girls will have to play as guys that look like girls?
    I r confused.

Oh, but it gets worse.

All the guys who play as girls but now have to play as guys that look like girls, look like girls.

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

• rothbardrothbard Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by Toquio3

There are people out there that see no problem whatsoever in forcing their opinion on others. This is why wars are fought in real life.

Dude, who is forcing their opinions on anyone?  So what if some company says "You have to strip down and show your stuff before we let you play our game"?  There is no force involved.  Anyone is perfectly free to say no and simply not play the game! 

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Its more disturbing that you look at a pixel that way. Its creepy dude.  Go out look at the real thing theres or there is all kind of sites that offer real pics for free. MMO is for fun not sexual supplementation. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by toddze

Its more disturbing that you look at a pixel that way. Its creepy dude.  Go out look at the real thing theres or there is all kind of sites that offer real pics for free. MMO is for fun not sexual supplementation. 

I like to multitask.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I think that people who share this view are way more hung up on sex and take this way more seriously then males that play female characters.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by heremypet

Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

We're talking about Asian MMOs here, right?
    So now all the guys who play as girls will have to play as guys that look like girls?
    I r confused.

Oh, but it gets worse.

All the guys who play as girls but now have to play as guys that look like girls, look like girls.

Wha...?

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• CaleveiraCaleveira Member Posts: 556

Have you ever been to the Louvre? There are other reasons to admire the female body than sexual supplementation...

And while i agree MMOs are not the place for sex, it usually goes hand in hand with fun.

Just to make things clear...
    I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

Let's get on topic they are only implementing a "ban" for their newly developed game called "King of the World". Now I don't know much about the game nor do I want to research it. I assume that queen's give benefits etc so their ban is basically making it so they draw in female players.

Torquio your a retard. We get it you hate china now suck it up and go QQ in a corner.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

You think the societies rules after which many of your opinions and believes were shaped can completly negate what millions of years of evolution put in your brain? If your brain sees a person whos gender and proportions fit roughly to your sexual preferences, then your body (and with that also your brain and thoughts) reacts on that. If you see the person standing a few steps away from you, on video, a photo or a computer game is all the same as long as your brain recognizes what input your eyes feed it with.

If I prefer to please the natural instincts of my brain in having it subconsciously appreciate soft round curves of a female character compared to a hairy dwarves butt, then why the hell shouldn't I do that?

Disturbing are rather the guys playing male chars and asking every female char if they have boobs in RL just to fapfapfap depending on what answer they get. Those are the people who don't notice that it is irrelevant for the gameplay what gender the pilot of the other char has, and who are not able to control their sex drive.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Originally posted by Caleveira
    Have you ever been to the Louvre? There are other reasons to admire the female body than sexual supplementation...
    No, there aren't.
    And while i agree MMOs are not the place for sex, it usually goes hand in hand with fun.

I'm not saying a word...

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

I think that people who share this view are way more hung up on sex and take this way more seriously then males that play female characters.

Thats  the other arguments I see which isnt really an argument, the ole spin the table aproach. I wont bite on it because its a bogus argument.

Like I said earlier It boils down to G.I. Joe or barbie, and ninja turtles or ponies.  

Originally posted by ozerinx

Let's get on topic they are only implementing a "ban" for their newly developed game called "King of the World". Now I don't know much about the game nor do I want to research it. I assume that queen's give benefits etc so their ban is basically making it so they draw in female players.

Torquio your a retard. We get it you hate china now suck it up and go QQ in a corner.

Im not QQing (crying), Im venting my anger, you dont like, you go suck it up, you little twat.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Geez.  Why is anyone even interested in who plays what in MMOs anymore?  If I were to muster up enough motivation to be even remotely concerned, I'd be more worried about the people who complain than the people who role play. 

PS  What difference does G.I. Joe or Barbie make, anyway?  They're both dollies! 

Thats  the other arguments I see which isnt really an argument, the ole spin the table aproach. I wont bite on it because its a bogus argument.
    Like I said earlier It boils down to G.I. Joe or barbie, and ninja turtles or ponies.  

I DO find ponies hotter than turtles, I admit.

And your argument was what? that you feel its creepy?

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

You've been trolling this thread and venting about china for the past 9 pages. You need some therapy.

I am not from China I dislike their government and policies myself but to talk shit about a country that you only know about through media/news is naive.

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

Not being able to play a chick would suck worse in a game like Champion's Online where you are encouraged to come up with character concepts and lots of alts as opposed to a game like WoW where the whole point of the game is to eventually look like everyone else and all the character customization options are pretty rudimentary.  When it comes to Asian MMO's and I only have the choice to be a man-woman or a plain ol' female, I'll go with the normal female option almost every time.

Let's stop posting in this thread, one company did it, not all of them.

Originally posted by maji

You think the societies rules after which many of your opinions and believes were shaped can completly negate what millions of years of evolution put in your brain? If your brain sees a person whos gender and proportions fit roughly to your sexual preferences, then your body (and with that also your brain and thoughts) reacts on that. If you see the person standing a few steps away from you, on video, a photo or a computer game is all the same as long as your brain recognizes what input your eyes feed it with.

If I prefer to please the natural instincts of my brain in having it subconsciously appreciate soft round curves of a female character compared to a hairy dwarves butt, then why the hell shouldn't I do that?

Disturbing are rather the guys playing male chars and asking every female char if they have boobs in RL just to fapfapfap depending on what answer they get. Those are the people who don't notice that it is irrelevant for the gameplay what gender the pilot of the other char has, and who are not able to control their sex drive.

There is a reason these korean MMO's feature female characters the way they do. You all know it. They wear virtually nothing un proportional body structures, its to attract all the hormonal teens foaming at the mouth. Most grow out of this stage but some dont. I am not going to sit here and  lie and say a pixel has never cought my attention (like you said its programmed into us), but by no means did that mean I had to create one to look at it whenever I log online.

I agree with the red. I dont think its disturbing tho, disturbing is just to nice of a word for those type of dudes. A more sickning word needs to be applied to them.  

Originally posted by ozerinx

You've been trolling this thread and venting about china for the past 9 pages. You need some therapy.
    I am not from China I dislike their government and policies myself but to talk shit about a country that you only know about through media/news is naive.

hm I see. So when you watch a political debate on TV about a touchy topic where the discussion gets heated, you think those discussing whatever topic need therapy? You know nothing about me, yet are perfectly happy to assume Im what, crazy? thats cool.

• Daedalus732Daedalus732 Member Posts: 589

Well, I have a friend that plays or has played female toons, and I have met some other guys who told me they play female toons, and THEY were all (including my friend) definitely creepy.

Some of us feel that gender is one of those things that people need to accept and leave alone. Should it be a law? Of course not. Is it understandable that some people like men to be men and women to be women? Absolutely.

• CaleveiraCaleveira Member Posts: 556
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Originally posted by Caleveira
    No, there aren't.

I'm not saying a word...

That aesthetic apreciation may be influenced by evolutionary developed sex drive does in no way make abstract concepts invalid unless you can conceive of non human thought, which as interesting a subject as it may be in sci fi, would serve little purpose in discussing human conventions. Neoteny would be a perfect example, as appreciation for the beauty of animals in the natural world needs not be associated with human feelings toward their own offspring.

In other words, man may be capable of dissasociating sexual urges from an appraisal of beauty. If you were right it would be impossible for a healthy man to call a little girl beautiful.

Just to make things clear...
    I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.

Originally posted by Daedalus732

Well, I have a friend that plays or has played female toons, and I have met some other guys who told me they play female toons, and THEY were all (including my friend) definitely creepy.

Some of us feel that gender is one of those things that people need to accept and leave alone. Should it be a law? Of course not. Is it understandable that some people like men to be men and women to be women? Absolutely.

Yes, they have the right to their opinion. but they dont have the right to expect everyone to abide by that opinion. labeling them "creepy" is wrong. just because your friends are creepy and drool over pixelated women doesnt mean we all are.

I am a man and i am perfectly happy being a man. but I prefer to play female characters in mmos. why? who the hell knows. Why do I prefer oranges over apples? who on earth knows...

If anyone has seen the movie "Surrogates", that was funny.

Keep dodging buddy.

See red text to answer your question. Of course it boils down to whats socially acceptable for the male race and female race. Theres a whole lot more to it that A vs. B or C vs D. An entire P.H.D thesis can be written on those topics. and probably already has.