Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chinese company bans opposite gender playing

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Woah... well, but it's China. They're used to dictating stuff and getting stuff dictated.

I'm a guy and about 75% of my chars are female. What's next? Do they check my hair color to see if it fits to the char? I mean I could fool someone who loves people with dark hair when I could actually be blonde. Or maybe my height? Or body weight maybe. Fat people are only allowed to make ogres as chars and thin people are forced to run around as elves?

Seriously: I wouldn't buy such a game. ^^

Edit:

And obviously my opinion is that people should play as whatever they want. The aim of a game is to entertain who spent money on it and that's it. Not to necessarily imitate reality. If all guys in all games were forced to play guys, than the gaming companies would probably stop creating female chars alltogether, since that way they can skip half of all armor models and characters, which would only aim at a small part of the gamers.

I don't understand how anyone could care about what gender the char of another character has, except people who fapfapfap to the looks of their party members.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256
    Originally posted by clik

Originally posted by Ibluerate

This thread is proof of how many guys play girls, five pages this fast...

Your dreams must be crushed.  Man all those guys that play video games for what they are instead of looking for love.

Dear lord, obviously because I want people to play there own gender means I want to date them.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by ChrisMattern

Forget trying to defend this action...
    Ya!
    This sucks, now you nerds can't parade around as women!
    We must fight this!

Fight this? It's their game, they get to do what they want with it. I do agree it sucks, though. Isn't nerds parading around as something they're not the very essense of an MMORPG?

Do you even play an MMO or did you just join to mess with the people that do? -.-

I've been rather inactive of late, but I have definitely played and am planning to shoehorn some time out of my schedule to get active again. I have active subscriptions to several MMORPGs (WoW, FFXI, EvE, DAoC). I play mostly male characters, but I've rolled up females now and again.
    Why is pretending you're nonhuman just fine, but pretending you're another gender isn't? I will admit that misleading someone about what you're like in RL isn't nice (and that's not limited to gender), but your game identity is your game identity, and only idiot draws RL conclusions from it.

"I will admit that misleading someone about what you're like in RL isn't nice"
    That happens to me an awful lot...

Do they mislead you? Or do you mislead yourself? Other people aren't responsible for YOUR assumptions. The fact that they should mislead you about their RL selves doesn't mean they're under any obligation to enlighten you about their RL selves.

• rothbardrothbard Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by Toquio3

Originally posted by rothbard

Originally posted by Toquio3

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

What is a "country like china"?

China and North Korea?

Lol, what?  Are there MMOs in NKorea?

He answered the question you asked, you didnt ask in which countries there are mmos. stop trolling.

No, he named two countries.  Doesn't really explain any similarities between the two.

Ok we can start with the human rights issue, then move on to the freedom of the press. after that dont worry, theres still plenty of crap that wouldnt fly in europe anymore.

By who cares if something "doesn't fly in Europe anymore"?  Couldn't the Chinese say "this shit doesn't fly in China"?  Why Europe>China? 

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

I know im spewing alot of hate here, but china gets alot of hate because it deserves it. I'll stop now, and just read on.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

Forget trying to defend this action...

Ya!

This sucks, now you nerds can't parade around as women!

We must fight this!

Fight this? It's their game, they get to do what they want with it. I do agree it sucks, though. Isn't nerds parading around as something they're not the very essense of an MMORPG?

Do you even play an MMO or did you just join to mess with the people that do? -.-

I've been rather inactive of late, but I have definitely played and am planning to shoehorn some time out of my schedule to get active again. I have active subscriptions to several MMORPGs (WoW, FFXI, EvE, DAoC). I play mostly male characters, but I've rolled up females now and again.

Why is pretending you're nonhuman just fine, but pretending you're another gender isn't? I will admit that misleading someone about what you're like in RL isn't nice (and that's not limited to gender), but your game identity is your game identity, and only idiot draws RL conclusions from it.

"I will admit that misleading someone about what you're like in RL isn't nice"

That happens to me an awful lot...

Do they mislead you? Or do you mislead yourself? Other people aren't responsible for YOUR assumptions.

I think being told from that person that they are a female and then figuring out from someone else who knows them that they aren't is misleading.

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

We're talking about Asian MMOs here, right?

So now all the guys who play as girls will have to play as guys that look like girls?

I r confused.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • clikclik Member Posts: 68

Your dreams must be crushed.  Man all those guys that play video games for what they are instead of looking for love.

Dear lord, obviously because I want people to play there own gender means I want to date them.

Roleplaying weeaboo spotted.

Roleplaying weeaboo spotted.

...?

Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

We're talking about Asian MMOs here, right?
    So now all the guys who play as girls will have to play as guys that look like girls?
    I r confused.

Lol'd much.

• CaleveiraCaleveira Member Posts: 556

China and North Korea?

Actually, North Koreas system is pretty much that of a bad MMO. Nothing but gold sinks and nerfs...

Just to make things clear...
    I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.

I think being told from that person that they are a female and then figuring out from someone else who knows them that they aren't is misleading.

Being told directly "I am female IRL" when it's not true is wrong. That has nothing to do with playing a female character.

• rothbardrothbard Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by Caleveira

China and North Korea?

Actually, North Koreas system is pretty much that of a bad MMO. Nothing but gold sinks and nerfs...

LOL

[quote]Originally posted by Ibluerate

I think being told from that person that they are a female and then figuring out from someone else who knows them that they aren't is misleading.[/b][/quote]
    Being told directly "I am female IRL" when it's not true is wrong. That has nothing to do with playing a female character.

Wait, what?

Dude you should be a politician...

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

The answer has long eluded me as to why a dude would want to play a female character? Personally Ill never play one, nor will I play a single player game that features a female main character. I hear all kind of reasons but  the weirdest reason I hear is (from a guy) "do you want to look  at a dude or a chick all day"? I just laugh because its all pixels. I can understand why a female would play a male character if its to hide the fact that she is a female. There are some weird, crazy, psycho, guys that play MMO's and I can fully understand why a woman would want to hide it. 

For me the argument boils down to, do you play with G.I. Joe or Barbie? Do you want to play with Ninja turtles, or ponies? Speaking of ninja turtles where the hell is the turtle race's in MMO'S?

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by ChrisMattern Originally posted by Ibluerate

Wait, what?

You're going to have to explain that, because that statement makes no sense to me.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

There are people out there that see no problem whatsoever in forcing their opinion on others. This is why wars are fought in real life.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

Wait, what?

You're going to have to explain that, because that statement makes no sense to me.

You confused and then facerolled me.

Originally posted by toddze

The answer has long eluded me as to why a dude would want to play a female character? Personally Ill never play one, nor will I play a single player game that features a female main character.

Tell me why a dude would NOT want to play a female char?

Anyway, about the company that wants people to pose in front of a webcam to prove their gender... I guess if all companies in China would do that, then the only thing they achieve would be a sudden statistical jump in crossdressing and an increase in sale of make up and wigs.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

I also dont like men playing women to look at a girl's butt while playing, this sort of play style dont belong to a game, maybe to Playboy Online..

Wait, what?

I'm sorry you're confused. I have simply stated the facts as I see them. Tell me what you're confused about and I'll try to clear it up.

I don't know what you mean by "facerolled."

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by toddze

The answer has long eluded me as to why a dude would want to play a female character? Personally Ill never play one, nor will I play a single player game that features a female main character. I hear all kind of reasons but  the weirdest reason I hear is (from a guy) "do you want to look  at a dude or a chick all day"? I just laugh because its all pixels. I can understand why a female would play a male character if its to hide the fact that she is a female. There are some weird, crazy, psycho, guys that play MMO's and I can fully understand why a woman would want to hide it.

Well, I don't think I have played any MMO which makes any gameplay distinction between male and female, so yeah, it is about which pixels I prefer to look at at.

Plus - I don't play male Elves, as that is an oxymoron.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Originally posted by Kilmar

I also dont like men playing women to look at a girl's butt while playing, this sort of play style dont belong to a game, maybe to Playboy Online..

Why do you want to force guys to look on male butts for hours while playing? Are you a hetero-phobic?

Wait, what?

I'm sorry you're confused. I have simply stated the facts as I see them. Tell me what you're confused about and I'll try to clear it up.

I'm leaving...

I lost...

I'm leaving...
    I lost...

I'd still like to know what he meant by "facerolled"; I can't recall ever hearing that term before. I will admit the crack about being the only one here against cross-gender roleplaying was rather unfair.