Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Risen - closest thing to offline Sandbox MMORPG

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

If you are sick of WOW clones, and half developed MMORPGs pushed out the door (like most are)

but single player RPGs , dont give you quite the same kick...

Than you should try "Risen"

There is a demo on steam.

Closest thing to describe the game would be - TES Oblivion - not screwed by scaling difficulty.

Risen is hardcore, and very old school. Sandbox leveling, factions, crafting and lot of exploration.

Real gem ;)

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

If you are sick of WOW clones, and half developed MMORPGs pushed out the door (like most are)

Closest thing to describe the game would be - TES Oblivion - not screwed by scaling difficulty.
    Risen is hardcore, and very old school. Sandbox leveling, factions, crafting and lot of exploration.

Real gem ;)

Yeah great game a shame they didn't take oblivion's looting system in my opinion it's the best I saw for a single player game.

• BMFahrtzBMFahrtz Member Posts: 25

Real gem ;)

I loved Oblivion. I might give it a try. Thanks

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

Saw this and wanted to try it....

Didnt know they had a demo out :-D

Thx man

Uhh... what?

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

I just bought this game and am about to play it

It recieved many good reviews from GameSpot so this one just reinforces my decision was a good one to buy it :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• AshkaelAshkael Member Posts: 166

It's pretty much Gothic 3, minus the fail.

In other words, it's awesome. :D

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

Risen is an awesome game.

While Eve sucked me back into the mmo genre I often enjoy a great rpg when I wanna relax on my sofa with a beer.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

This is nothing like the Elder Scrolls series, ya can't even consider comparing them.  Elder Scrolls IV especially is a joke compared to this....Risen and the Gothic series in general are very brutal and what a good RPG should be like and about....none of that easy BS.  Gothic 3 was ok after a few patches but damn was it a good decision to fire that JoWood Studios that fucked up Gothic 3 to begin with....this is what it should have turned out to be.

Already had a thread started on Risen in the more appropriate location!  Much more info presented as well as links to the demo and trailers of gameplay and CG!  Greatly enjoying this RPG so check it out if you want something that's worth every dime and more!