Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Free To Play looks like it may be something

2»

Comments

• bewblessbewbless Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by vorashu

too bad its being published by gpotato.  they are the most crooked gaming company i have ever seen.

Even though gpotato does bad things with one of their games - mean Rappelz, they aren't that bad. They put alot effort in their new projects, so I'm filled with hope.

But I didn't want to discuss that.

I was browsing a little over the web, read about Aika, and my biggest concern at the moment is actual support for 1.000 players on battlefield.

Games much less detailed with mass pvps - to not look far: Shaiya - make it problematic to support 200 people in one place. And I'm not speaking only from my crapply PC experiance, but also from my friends with waaay better tech-specs then me.

Looks of Aika make me rather think that it's rubbish to say that 1k people can be in one place, fight and enjoy that experiance. Especially like mentioned in quotation Gala-Net (or gpotato w.e) might not provide good hardware support from their side. We will live we will see.

I personally hope that even with that small assortiment of classes - just 6 - the variety of builds possible will cover the hole. I do enjoy the idea of passive Pet.

• vorashuvorashu Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by bewbless

Even though gpotato does bad things with one of their games - mean Rappelz, they aren't that bad. They put alot effort in their new projects, so I'm filled with hope.
    But I didn't want to discuss that.

I was browsing a little over the web, read about Aika, and my biggest concern at the moment is actual support for 1.000 players on battlefield.
    Games much less detailed with mass pvps - to not look far: Shaiya - make it problematic to support 200 people in one place. And I'm not speaking only from my crapply PC experiance, but also from my friends with waaay better tech-specs then me.

Looks of Aika make me rather think that it's rubbish to say that 1k people can be in one place, fight and enjoy that experiance. Especially like mentioned in quotation Gala-Net (or gpotato w.e) might not provide good hardware support from their side. We will live we will see.
    I personally hope that even with that small assortiment of classes - just 6 - the variety of builds possible will cover the hole. I do enjoy the idea of passive Pet.

i really do hope you are right.  i have played a few gpotato games and they have destroyed them all so far.  they are even leaving a game run with a cash shop open that they admit themselves has no GM to watch over it and will never have any more developer support. (Corum Online)

this game looks nice i just hope they dont destroy another promising game.

this is better business bureau rating of gala-net (gpotato)

sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/Gala-Net-228032

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292

Aika does not support 1000 chars in one place. It supports 1000 chars per SIDE. So, using WoW, this would mean 1000 chars in Horde and 1000 chars in Alliance, and they fight it out on battlefields....

• Black-MagicBlack-Magic Member UncommonPosts: 103

Hi all,

Been looking at this game even tried the Taiwan version and i have to admit for a F2P game it seems like its gonna be good.

Not as grindy as people think. Give it a try before you jump to conclusions (Korean Grind and so forth)