Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mpog Upcoming Releases for 2009 - Can this be true?

blythegablythega Member UncommonPosts: 174

I am a long time follower of MPOG.com and today decided to glance at the "Upcoming Releases" section as I am interested in picking up a new MMO to play.

I was shocked to see that there are 12 titles listed that are being delivered by the end of the year. i.e. in the next 12 weeks.

Jumpgate Evolution, Playboy Manager, Sudden Attack , Quickhit Football, Mortal Online, League of Legends, Dungeon Fighter Online, Wonderking, Dragon Oath, Vanilla Gate, CTRacer.

Out of the 12 titles only 3 had specific deliver dates. 

I find it hard to believe that the remaining titles 12 weeks out from the end of 2009 will deliver this year. 

I am interested in your views on which titles YOU think will make the 2009 timeframe:

• Jumpgate Evolution - Y/N
  • Playboy Manager - Y/N
  • Sudden Attack - Y/N
  • Quickhit Football - Y/N
  • Mortal Online  - Y/N
  • Dungeon Fighter Online - Y/N
  • Wonderking - Y/N
  • Dragon Oath - Y/N

Comments

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by blythega

I am a long time follower of MPOG.com and today decided to glance at the "Upcoming Releases" section as I am interested in picking up a new MMO to play.
    I was shocked to see that there are 12 titles listed that are being delivered by the end of the year. i.e. in the next 12 weeks.
    Jumpgate Evolution, Playboy Manager, Sudden Attack , Quickhit Football, Mortal Online, League of Legends, Dungeon Fighter Online, Wonderking, Dragon Oath, Vanilla Gate, CTRacer.
    Out of the 12 titles only 3 had specific deliver dates. 
    I find it hard to believe that the remaining titles 12 weeks out from the end of 2009 will deliver this year. 
    I am interested in your views on which titles YOU think will make the 2009 timeframe:

Jumpgate Evolution - Y/N
    Playboy Manager - Y/N
    Sudden Attack - Y/N
    Quickhit Football - Y/N
    Mortal Online  - Y/N
    Dungeon Fighter Online - Y/N
    Wonderking - Y/N
    Dragon Oath - Y/N

I will list the ones I actually care about.

JE - No

MO - No

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by brostyn

I will list the ones I actually care about.

JE - No

MO - No

Ditto, and I agree with the above.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

Why do you care about MO? I hear it's broken as all hell and lots of pre-orders are being sold and traded by the players because people don't want it. I also hear that in it's current state, it has next to no content and that most people try to enjoy the game by PKing for no reason. =P

• infra001infra001 Member Posts: 7

No chance of Mortal Online, that has to be a late 2010 release, Q3-4.

Any earlier and the game will flop badly.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Anyone else find that list very underwhelming?

Aren't some of these already released?

The developers can say whatever they want, but if you are paying full price to play a game currently than the game is already released and isn't in beta.  You don't pay full price to play a game in beta.  Same goes with those F2Ps with an active item mall.  I'm refering to Mortal Online mostly, but I'm pretty sure Wonderking has been "released" too.

Anyway the few that I heard of would fit into the ready for release or already released category would be Mortal Online, Dungeon Fighter Online, Wonderking, and Dragon Oath.  Jumpgate Evolution I highly doubt will make their scheduled release date.  The other 3 games I've never heard of.  It's pretty typical for a large number of MMOs to be released within a couple weeks though, considering Korea and other nearby Asian countries tend to crank out at least one per week.