Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xteaming in PotBS is a big scam

Hello, I had to voice my opinion on this game, i've been playing it on and off since 04/08:

Recently FLS studios has allowed its community to Xteams therefore resulting for sure in the collaspe of the game. Playing in multiple nations on the same server : to me spells cheating. i was attracted to the game due to its historical features and the not so bad ship fighting.

My quetions to the DEV's,  Why? the hell would the administration at FLS allow such a disaster:???

I undestand only 1 conclusion more money for them due to its own failure as an MMO...

Therefore im putting a bid to buy the game off Fls and take over their administration for a lousy $5.00 us..b4 the game is totally dead... with my none experience in the industry i believe that i could do a better job than FLS...

FLS do not listen to their community they are a bunch or money making scamers, i cant believe i wasted so much time in this game:

My question to the MMO gamers out there: WHY? do you as a gamer CHEAT?...

xcuse my typos:)

Xteaming is for losers

Comments

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Being able to have chars of multiple factions didn't really hurt Planetside that much, but (a) I admittedly never quite felt the "underdog" bonuses were strong enough, (b) the "daily winner" was never worth anything so the 2 underdogs were rarely motivated to cooperate to attack the dominant faction, and (c) PS had 3 factions which already put it significant ahead of POTBS in terms of Territory PVP auto-balancing.

With sufficient motivation for players to want to help the underdog faction, being able to faction-swap with a very short cooldown (~3 hours) seems quite reasonable.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

There's no way to stop it.

Even before you could always get 2 accounts. MMOs should not rely on factions so heavily in the first place.

-------------------------

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I had to read half of the OP's post to figure out what Xteaming meant. Then I didn't care.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Netzoko

Even before you could always get 2 accounts. MMOs should not rely on factions so heavily in the first place.

Yeah... FLS should have either dsigned the game to acount for Multi Accounts from the beginning or made it against the rules and maintained a consistant policy on that.

Maybe both.

But they did neither.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• maxsaucemaxsauce Member Posts: 11

Well potbs has 4 factions, Pirates, French, Brits and Spain...

Being able to play in all 4 factions on the same server is not a game i want to play anymore...

Reason 1:

person 1, playing as all of the above ( meaning playing as a Rat as well as a Frog as well as a Don and a Brit: can easily take down or con or as i call it cyber bully a gamer into oblivion:((((... get it,  not fair at all and not fun for the lil gamer with his 1 character playing in 1 nation.

Fls has become hungry for cash and has lost its ability to turn a good game into something better, fail administration = fail game...

edit: i myself to gain an advantage has had 2 accounts, but i played as 2 Rats on the same server not  Xteaming ....

Xteaming is for losers

Originally posted by Gyrus

Originally posted by Netzoko

Yeah... FLS should have either dsigned the game to acount for Multi Accounts from the beginning or made it against the rules and maintained a consistant policy on that.

Maybe both.

But they did neither.

agreed:)

Xteaming is for losers

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

If you were a game company. Would you rather your users play and buy one account or play and buy multiple accounts? I personally have seen more and more games allowing xteaming on servers. While most gamers do not like this until they do it. Most gaming companies do not. There is a difference though between Xteam farmers/botters and Xteam players. Keep that in mind.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by xpowderx

If you were a game company. Would you rather your users play and buy one account or play and buy multiple accounts? I personally have seen more and more games allowing xteaming on servers. While most gamers do not like this until they do it. Most gaming companies do not. There is a difference though between Xteam farmers/botters and Xteam players. Keep that in mind.

Name the games.

In some games Xteaming does not hurt.  In which case Xteaming multis do no real harm and can be allowed.

In some games Xteaming does hurt... in which case the Devs may allow multis but have rules and mechanics in place to prevent Xteaming.

In PotBS both can potentially be harmful.  But FLS never even seemed to consider it prior to release.

You need to read this thread to see FLS's policy development on this.

Hardly up to standard for a developer with an RvR game.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

Originally posted by Gyrus

Name the games.

In some games Xteaming does not hurt.  In which case Xteaming multis do no real harm and can be allowed.

In some games Xteaming does hurt... in which case the Devs may allow multis but have rules and mechanics in place to prevent Xteaming.

In PotBS both can potentially be harmful.  But FLS never even seemed to consider it prior to release.

You need to read this thread to see FLS's policy development on this.

Hardly up to standard for a developer with an RvR game.

well my point exactly, from fail to failure:) they have no idea about how the game should work, i for 1 do not like Xteaming its wrong, made me quit the game, as honest as 1 can be Xteaming doesnt work. i know ive played the game...

Xteaming is for losers

Well a cheat will always be a cheat , i guess we diff, i play for fun and to make friends, if i wanted to xteam i would but i dont as im not a nut case or game dictator or a loser that need to have everything. 

Being on all 4 nations and active at it  on the same server is not  fair for the gamer that plays with 1 account .

If the company allows their members to cheat then they have no idea about game play or going back on their words read previous post:)...

A gamer should only be allowed to play 1 nation on  1 server simple not hard to do.

They can also allow that gamer to run as many accounts as long as its on the same nation..heck.......

regards,

Xteaming is for losers

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

its not cheating if the rules say its fair...

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

lol ,so u a cheat then... will do anything to be the topdog hey....

Xteaming is for losers

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    Originally posted by maxsauce

I dont play POTBS, havent since launch, however, if the devs say you can play all the sides at once (like DAOC does) then it isnt cheating. There is nothing wrong with it, and its a part of the game.

It would be cheating if they said, doing this is against the rules.

See the difference?

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

EVE is far more unforgiving that Potbs (you can loose loads of stuff PvP'ing in EVE) and there are no rules against having 2 accounts...infact its even encouraged by the devs.  The way i see it is most people who wish to cheat (i really dont see much of a problem with having multiple characters spread over different factions) are going to find a way to do it regardless of rules or game mechanics. 

Someone who wants to spy on another faction can easily ask a friend to do it or (if they are crazy enough) hack/cheat to gain the info.  The chances of someone doing this, taking the effort to gather this information for quite a small gain (in my eyes) is pointless.

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

I dont play POTBS, havent since launch, however, if the devs say you can play all the sides at once (like DAOC does) then it isnt cheating. There is nothing wrong with it, and its a part of the game.

See the difference?

i do see yr point , just becasue the dev's says u can, previously u couldnt i might add, they change the concept.

What im sayin is, its bad for a game with an RvR concept... if u r a gamer that likes to do such a thing then good on you..

What im sayin is that the game is fail as it has come this situation.. meaning its a Scam... Xteaming is wrong in an MMO and gamers should not be involved as its just makin the fail company more money.. get my point?

edited  :) xcuse my typos:)

Xteaming is for losers

• LinnaLinna Member Posts: 387

See the difference?

i do see yr point , just becasue the dev's says u can, previously u couldnt i might add, they change the concept.

What im sayin is, its bad for a game with an RvR concept... if u r a gamer that likes to do such a thing then good on you..

What im sayin is that the game is fail as it has come this situation.. meaning its a Scam... Xteaming is wrong in an MMO and gamers should not be involved as its just makin the fail company more money.. get my point?

In beta and at launch, having accounts on all sides WAS allowed, quite specifically so, with argumentation by the devs WHY they chose to allow it. Then they changed policy after 7 or so months, and suddenly made it forbidden (mostly because some new mechanics the devs added made exploiting easier if you owned accounts in multiple factions). Then they changed course again.

As to it being bad for a game with an RvR concept, again I have to disagree. Forbidding xrealming will not stop espionage. It never has, it never will. To paraphrase FLS: there is nothing that can stop two roommates or siblings from having accounts on different sides and passing each other information. Two people who have access to the same ventrilo can do more damage than one person owning accounts in different nations. It's better to let it be a part of the game (games like SWG REQUIRED espionage in order to be able to take down enemy bases), so people can adjust their mindsets accordingly.

I'd also like to point out that during my time in POTBS, the worst cases of nation griefing we witnessed was done by members of the British nation against their own side (sabotaging port battles, grinding up ports that put all the lower antilles in the red) and by members of the French nation against their own side (deliberately putting Cayo in the red by grinding up La Isabella and Havana).

Linna

Originally posted by Linna

See the difference?

In beta and at launch, having accounts on all sides WAS allowed, quite specifically so, with argumentation by the devs WHY they chose to allow it. Then they changed policy after 7 or so months, and suddenly made it forbidden (mostly because some new mechanics the devs added made exploiting easier if you owned accounts in multiple factions). Then they changed course again.

As to it being bad for a game with an RvR concept, again I have to disagree. Forbidding xrealming will not stop espionage. It never has, it never will. To paraphrase FLS: there is nothing that can stop two roommates or siblings from having accounts on different sides and passing each other information. Two people who have access to the same ventrilo can do more damage than one person owning accounts in different nations. It's better to let it be a part of the game (games like SWG REQUIRED espionage in order to be able to take down enemy bases), so people can adjust their mindsets accordingly.

I'd also like to point out that during my time in POTBS, the worst cases of nation griefing we witnessed was done by members of the British nation against their own side (sabotaging port battles, grinding up ports that put all the lower antilles in the red) and by members of the French nation against their own side (deliberately putting Cayo in the red by grinding up La Isabella and Havana).

Linna

Hi Linna, ty for yr point about this matter, too bad u didnt read the whole thing and maybe then u would've had better things to say:)

I have no problems with roomies playin on diff nations as long as they keep it fair and honest , what i mean by honest ( no exploitaion of the game.. not sinkin each other in crappy ships for easy Mov's...) i know my soc leader used to do it, i didnt approved and quit... i play to makes friends and have fun not to be top dog in an online game....i have skills, no need to cheat...even if the FAil company allowes it....

Espionage is fine, yr example about roomies passin info is totally fine in by book, i also use to do it for the right price. As a rat based in MT we used to hit every town surrounding MT for the red zones for easy Pvp, so again i dont see a problem in that...as for ventrillo i used it to speak to my friends in multiple nations, for trading info etc so again no problems their..

My problem is with the people with the money to burn playin on every nations on the same server . makin the game shit for every1, thats not called espionage that called multiple personality disorder also called in the real word as schizophrenia.

Xteaming is for losers

See the difference?

Linna

Hi Linna, ty for yr point about this matter, too bad u didnt read the whole thing and maybe then u would've had better things to say:)

I have no problems with roomies playin on diff nations as long as they keep it fair and honest , what i mean by honest ( no exploitaion of the game.. not sinkin each other in crappy ships for easy Mov's...) i know my soc leader used to do it, i didnt approved and quit... i play to makes friends and have fun not to be top dog in an online game....i have skills, no need to cheat...even if the FAil company allowes it....

Espionage is fine, yr example about roomies passin info is totally fine in by book, i also use to do it for the right price. As a rat based in MT we used to hit every town surrounding MT for the red zones for easy Pvp, so again i dont see a problem in that...as for ventrillo i used it to speak to my friends in multiple nations, for trading info etc so again no problems their..

My problem is with the people with the money to burn playin on every nations on the same server . makin the game shit for every1, thats not called espionage that called multiple personality disorder also called in the real word as schizophrenia.

You're talking to the wrong person. I had Spanish, French and Pirate toons on the same server, for reasons of diplomacy, curiosity and friendship. Like many others, I wanted to see how the other side lived, but did not want to leave our server's community. To this day, I see nothing wrong with that.

What you seem to be saying, is that you want to go communist and not allow ANY player to own multiple accounts (even in the same nation), because it's not fair in your view. I find this a bit silly. Next thing you'll be saying that it's unfair how some people have more time to game than others, and that this gives them an unfair advantage over more casual players. All I can say to that is 'tough'.

Linna

See the difference?

Linna

You're talking to the wrong person. I had Spanish, French and Pirate toons on the same server, for reasons of diplomacy, curiosity and friendship. Like many others, I wanted to see how the other side lived, but did not want to leave our server's community. To this day, I see nothing wrong with that.

What you seem to be saying, is that you want to go communist and not allow ANY player to own multiple accounts (even in the same nation), because it's not fair in your view. I find this a bit silly. Next thing you'll be saying that it's unfair how some people have more time to game than others, and that this gives them an unfair advantage over more casual players. All I can say to that is 'tough'.

Linna

how funny finally some1 with multiple accounts playin on the same server trying to defend their poor playin style...

like i said ive played on the same server with 2 rats( same nation 2 accounts), i dont xteam because its bad for the game... players like yourself likes to play by themself owning everything playin multiple nations on the same server lol oh lol...

finally some1 coming out and addressing my point...in my books u are the reason Potbs will never make it as a good game because players like U are not good enough to play on 1 nation and ownin it.. you rather Xteam and make life hell for others...

im glad u came on as u are the reason i will never allow a fail company as well as a self proclaim cheat to bully me online lol oh lol...i guess its yr money so spend it as u pls, or maybe in the heat of battle u will forget that you are fighting yrself...

Potbs has multiple servers Y not play on each server with 1 or 2 toons or accounts IN JUST 1 Nation only... i guess u cant handle that cause u aint as good as u think u r..lol... rather Xteam mess with people Bully them lie etc...Y not, its only an online game it aint like they will ever know me in RL lalallalal.... poor form buddy... and keep on playin the way you do , as u r the king the boss. U can Pwn me anytime with yr multiple accounts...

Xteaming is for losers

See the difference?

Linna

Linna

how funny finally some1 with multiple accounts playin on the same server trying to defend their poor playin style...

like i said ive played on the same server with 2 rats( same nation 2 accounts), i dont xteam because its bad for the game... players like yourself likes to play by themself owning everything playin multiple nations on the same server lol oh lol...

finally some1 coming out and addressing my point...in my books u are the reason Potbs will never make it as a good game because players like U are not good enough to play on 1 nation and ownin it.. you rather Xteam and make life hell for others...

im glad u came on as u are the reason i will never allow a fail company as well as a self proclaim cheat to bully me online lol oh lol...i guess its yr money so spend it as u pls, or maybe in the heat of battle u will forget that you are fighting yrself...

Potbs has multiple servers Y not play on each server with 1 or 2 toons or accounts IN JUST 1 Nation only... i guess u cant handle that cause u aint as good as u think u r..lol... rather Xteam mess with people Bully them lie etc...Y not, its only an online game it aint like they will ever know me in RL lalallalal.... poor form buddy... and keep on playin the way you do , as u r the king the boss. U can Pwn me anytime with yr multiple accounts...

Your intelligence quotient is apparently quite below par. Try to comprehend please: having toons in multiple nations on the same server does NOT mean you're spying, lying or selling information (which, incidentally, you admit to doing and condoning in a previous post). Neither does it make you a bully. I also fail to see how having multiple nationalities on one server would help me pwn anyone. Doing so while multiboxing toons of the same nation would be just barely possible, if you, OP, suck that bad at pvp, but whatever.

Please clean up your spelling, by the way. It's quite hard to comprehend your posts.

Linna

See the difference?

Linna

Linna

Your intelligence quotient is apparently quite below par. Try to comprehend please: having toons in multiple nations on the same server does NOT mean you're spying, lying or selling information (which, incidentally, you admit to doing and condoning in a previous post). Neither does it make you a bully. I also fail to see how having multiple nationalities on one server would help me pwn anyone. Doing so while multiboxing toons of the same nation would be just barely possible, if you, OP, suck that bad at pvp, but whatever.

Please clean up your spelling, by the way. It's quite hard to comprehend your posts.

Linna

lol there we go again,, i write how i want this is the net ty, its not an english exam.. i dont want to get into a debate about a cheat tryin to save face..if the only thing u can pick on is my grammer or my spelling then we already know yr type,how about involving my RL or what kind of a person i am.. i know yr type, U sir or lady is a cheat and an ingame bully simple....

what ive said: 1 did at a point play with 2 accounts as pirates, 2 pirates on 1 server( meaning playin in the same nation)..i stopped as the game is fail and i didnt want to feed more money to a fail game so that i could have better thing quicker.. ITS A DEV"S JOb to sort out these things not me and my money...

i'm not sure what u sayin as u do Xteam, my point exactly... U can say that  u were not involved in that nation etc or just wanted to have a view or point of view of the other side , well sir or lady that is yr choice,  in my book thats Xteaming....

Xteaming is for losers

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

I don't know if you realize it, but you pretty much just said that your real problem isn't with cross teaming, rather with the fact that others can afford multiple accounts. You're fine with every scenario of the same situation, save one.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  

oh pls go away , u obviously cant read, we already know that u are an online game bully that doesnt read anything and just write shite :

Xteaming doesnt mean playin in the same nation with multiple accounts, Xteaming is what u do, playin on all the nations on the same server .. now pls go read the whole thread starting from the 1 post , ty linna sir or lady whatever u are.. 

Xteaming is for losers

• HannothanHannothan Member Posts: 13

I read the whole thread.. as painful as it was thanks to your god awful  spelling, and I must say, you are fairly clueless.

Linna was a godsend for the server she was on. Not only was she a friendly, decent human being, she single handedly kept an entire nation going when it should have died. Never once has anyone who actualy knows the person ever accused her of cheating.

Now, let's look at you. You piss and moan about cross teaming (look, it's easy to spell out. Takes like 5 extra seconds), but give no reason as to why it's "OMG CHEATING!" In fact, all things that you can gain by doing it, you admit to doing youself. It appears to me the only reason you're against it is because you can be british and spanish? Oh noes! That's not roleplaying at all! End of the world!

Bottom line is you make no argument. You state no reason other than playing two nations on the same server is wrong. You cite no examples. You sir, fail more than FLS.

oh pls go away , u obviously cant read, we already know that u are an online game bully that doesnt read anything and just write shite :

Xteaming doesnt mean playin in the same nation with multiple accounts, Xteaming is what u do, playin on all the nations on the same server .. now pls go read the whole thread starting from the 1 post , ty linna sir or lady whatever u are.. 

Well, for starters, English is not my native language ( it's my THIRD language, to be precise), and I'm better at it than you. What does this tell you?

Secondly, it's not just your spelling that is lacking, it's also your comprehension of the language. You, sir, have already admitted to being a crossteamer. You see no problem in selling/sharing secrets with the other side. Well, read them and weep:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crossteam

"1. crossteam

In online gaming, the act of working with your friends on the enemy team to the detriment of your own team.

In other words: you can have ONE account in ONE nation, and still crossteam. And you can have 4 accounts in 4 nations, and never do anything even remotely close to it.

So basically, you're just indulging in a lot of crying and namecalling, based on no actual knowledge of the people you are calling names, and whether or not they're guilty of any wrongdoing, while you yourself are as guilty as sin by your own admission. The only semi-argument you seem to be able to come up with is 'they haz moah moneyz then me and it's no fair'. What's the next complaint? Someone has better skills in judging distances and needs to be banned for cheating, because he/she wtfpwns me in ship combat?

/facepalm

Linna