Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Poll Reveals Significant Retention Rate

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by vladakov

And also, people who already cancelled their account, why would they bother to be on the the aionsource site, they probably disliked the game, so why go to an aion website if you disliked the game anyway? i find this poll NON USEABLE

The poll was not about those who already cancelled, it was about current players in the game and what they are going to do.

Those who already dislike the game have indeed left, that's the way gamers go when they dislike a game, no use for a poll for that. Not sure what your point is?

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Wait.

Just wait.

So a fan site ran this poll and showed a significant amount of people said they would keep subscribing and this is reported as a news item on mmorpg.com?

LAWL!  Seriously.  LAWL!

• YasouYasou Member Posts: 86

You want a valid poll? Do it on a neutral website. I stopped going to Aionsource when I cancelled my account (temporarily until they fix the 2h 1/2 queue every evening and in-game spamming from gold sellers).

Also, it's a bit too early to ask people if they are going to resub or not, knowing that every MMO has it's flaws upon release and needs some fine tuning. I'd say do a poll in 3 months time and on a neutral gaming website.

• ThunderpeelThunderpeel Member Posts: 25

I am sure most of the votes about not renewing your subscription are from people that Are WoW members that are not even playing Aion. Really unfair poll considering being a member on this site you can vote without ever playing Aion.

• PolantarisPolantaris Member Posts: 54

People are still experiencing Queue times?  I haven't had a queue time for the past week...

Besides, it will be sorted out if people think intelligently.  Aren't they giving that free server switch?  If people are smart, and dislike queues, they could shift entire legions to a less populated server and solve the queues once and for all.

---
    This is but a brief parting.

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435

LOL 1000 peopel voted out of  a supposedly 500k+???? lol  and from this figure they got a high retention rate????

Hell warhammer used to have these types of pools all the time, and we all know how that turned out.   The most usless poll ever, its like the usless polls on this site.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Yes, I will definitely continue to play =)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Real hit commes at end of second month. Let see them make the poll than

p.s - You need to wait 2 hours in queue to vote ;)

• Demz2Demz2 Member Posts: 435
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Real hit commes at end of second month. Let see them make the poll than

WQho cares?  The firts pool was only 1000 peopel out of a supposedly 500K plus, so even if the 2nd poll showed less votes or more, is it of any significance when so low amout of peopel are voting?.  The pool is one of the most uleless polls ever devised.

• kyrionkyrion Member Posts: 5

I'm in wait-and-see mode at the moment.  I will likely renew for at least another month.  I have really enjoyed the game, even in beta, but there are several things that they will have to address if I'm to remain.  The queue is the least of them.  The primary issues I see are:

1. The capital cities have only one channel.  You are forced to go to the capitals to buy training materials and to craft, as there are no crafting tables outside of them.  They created channels elsewhere to help with performance, but with only one channel in the capitals, the result is that, at any given time, the capitals are so choked with players and player-stores that moving becomes a slideshow.  The game actually crashes to desktop every time I set foot in the crafting areas of either city.

2. The gold spammers are so prevalent that chat is unusable.  Every channel of chat is choked with them.  There is no in-game facility to report them, and appears to be no concern on the part of NCSoft that they be dealt with.

If NCSoft fails to address these issues, especially the first, I will cancel the subscription despite enjoying the game. 

• scrahnscrahn Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by FuRyluzt

The big thing to me isn't really the queue times (I usually play during morning and early afternoon, so thats not much of a problem for me). The big deal to me is all of the gold spammers. I don't hate the gold selling industry immensely or anything, but I literally cant talk in general chat or the find group chat because of how many gold spammers there are! They are litterally flicking by so fast I can't even read them unless I scroll up! It's crazy. It seems with things that blatant, a GM could just sit on a server and start banning all the accounts that are OBVIOUSLY infringing the EULA. Maybe its just me, I dont know. I'm having a great time and loving the game, but I can't communicate with the community on my server (Lumiel).

Right click their name - > block.

• camp11111camp11111 Member Posts: 602

Let me get this straight...

A fan webiste of Aion holds out a poll in the first 10/15 days after launch ...

and they have ... 59% of the registred users to say "yes!".

Ok, I can understand that. 6 out of 10 wants more of the game after 10 days play on the fan website.

What I don't understand is ...what the title on mmorpg.com has to do with it "... significant retention rate...".

I am pretty sure Age of Conan and Warhammer fan sites had at least 6/10 registred users that were willing to play their game after 10 days too.

Is mmorpg.com that desperate of having - for once - a new mmorpg with a 60% retention rate?

I wouldn't bet on it guys. Wrong horse. The horse is crippled. More crippled when players will reach level cap even.

Want a real mmorpg? Play WOW with experience turned off mode and be Pve_Pvp King at any level without a rat race.

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

Hit level 30 and don't have strength to log on anymore, I'll head back to WAR and have fun.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I believe the difference is in the context of the people asked. The people asked are not the people who have quited the game, these are gone already and I doubt they would visit an Aion specific forum again. The poll is addressed towards those who still play the game and their intentions to whether keep on playing or not by the end of the box month.

In the above context, the sampling is not wrongly chosen, quite the contrary. The question revolved about retention rate of the players that were currently playing the game. It obviously did not include those who already left. Basically they asked the people who kept on playing the game and were reasonably interested enough to keep on visiting an Aion forum, whether they saw themselves still playing beyond the box month.

• raven222raven222 Member Posts: 88

I will resub for a few more months for sure.

It is a nice fun game to play.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

If only 60% of the raging fanboys are saying they're going to stay...that's not so great really. That means after month 1 there's going to be under 200k western subs. Guess we'll see.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Zarynterk

Originally posted by Mannish

As long as they restrict the Bots & Gold Sellers I will be staying. Those are the only issues that matter to me.

And from the rampant gold spamming that aint gonna happen... No MMO is willingly solve that problem. Cost them way too much in subs...

While Executive Producer Lance Stites took time to address some of the most prominent issues raised in the Aion community last week, we want to specifically address another issue that is a top priority for the team here at NCsoft: in-game real money trading (RMT) advertisement, sometimes referred to as “gold spamming.” These activities are something we’re actively combating right now. They are also something you can help us with, and something that we are committed to addressing continually in the future.

We currently have Game Masters monitoring all our servers. They track chat channels closely and have been banning thousands of spammers every day. This form of active monitoring is a part of a much larger network of tools and sensors that we’re currently utilizing to help create a better game experience for the Aion community across the board.

If you’re experiencing chat spam, there is a way for you to address this immediately on your own and help us create a better gameplay experience for everyone. You can use the Block User feature. All you need to do is to right-click on a user’s name and choose to block that user. While this doesn’t eliminate the problem, it is one small step you can actively make to improve your game experience. Using Block User also helps us identify spammers much more quickly.

We are considering a number of methods to address this chat spam that have been implemented in previous games, as well exploring new technologies and what they may have to offer to improve your game experience. One upcoming feature for Aion will be an improved chat filter to help reduce the overall chat spam. This filter, along with new tracking and monitoring methods, is the first of many steps that we’ll be taking to help resolve the issue of gold spamming.

We appreciate all the feedback and ideas you have been giving us so far. We will continue to scour the communities out there for other ideas as we go. We absolutely recognize how important this is to you and a good game experience in Aion, and we reiterate that we are currently addressing it. Thank you for your patience and for all of your input.

• HarkkumHarkkum Member Posts: 180
    Originally posted by Xasapis

In the above context, the sampling is not wrongly chosen, quite the contrary. The question revolved about retention rate of the players that were currently playing the game. It obviously did not include those who already left. Basically they asked the people who kept on playing the game and were reasonably interested enough to keep on visiting an Aion forum, whether they saw themselves still playing beyond the box month.

I dare to disagree. The sample is corrupted because the poll is not done from a random sample of all those playing the game as this is the group on which the retention rate is calculated at. First, even on Aionsource forums there are people who haven't been subscribers of the game in the first place. Second, anyone who cares enough from a game to head to an unofficial gaming site is likely not your avarage gamer.

It is much like all those "sexiest woman in da wuurld" polls that to quite some surprise always find a Hollywood celeb as a winner. Did anyone bother to ask from 2.5 billion people living in India and China whom they considered to be the sexiest? Nope. And the reason is simple, the purpose of the poll was not actually to get quantitive data as of who might be the sexiest woman alive but moreso what the reader-base of said publication consider sexy. Analogically here, the purpose of the poll was not to monitor the overall retention rate of the entirity of the playerbase but to see what the people frequenting at Aionsource are about to do. For Aionsource's purpose the poll is representive, for Aion as a game in Occident, not so much.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

I am pretty sure you can't place any valid claims on retention rates before the free 30 days is up. Seems kind of ridiculous to me.

3-4 months after release would be a good time to view retention.

• tanoriltanoril Member Posts: 432

Yea, like others have said I don't know how much validity you can put on a poll that's one a fansite specifically for that game.  Put a poll on WoW.com and ask how many are going to renew next month and i'm sure the numbers are going to go through the roof.  Doesn't mean WoW is not losing customers though.  Same thing here.  I have no doubt that a majority of those currently playing Aion enjoy it, but lets see what the numbers are 3 months from now.

The only ones that are going to play this game long term are those that want PvP all the time and don't get tired of fortress sieges.  This is one of those games where you play it for 2-3 months and have a great time but then burn out at the end. 

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I agree to what you said. If somebody posted a poll here and an adequate amount of people voted on it, then the poll would be representative of the people who frequent this site. It would not be representative of the whole population, although it might indicate a trend.

Of course, as another poster mentioned, all these are speculation until the passing of time and the true retention is measured.

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684

Of course I'll believe a poll by AionSource. It's like saying I'd believe a poll conducted by Fox News.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

LOL the game just opened for heaven's sakes! 

No one has had the time to get into the meat of the game.  Give it time.  Once they find out it is another Wow in sheep's clothing with even less to do at endgame, the honeymoon will be over.

• DuClaireDuClaire Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by vladakov

In my opinion 1000 votes aren't realistic for an MMORPG statistic.

Why not? That's pretty much Darkfalls player base *grins*.

On a more serious note, I for one love the game. Played every closed beta even, a bit of the open beta, and since headstart.. but I can't help but ask.. is something missing from this game?

Either wya, theres nothing on the immediate horizon for me.. I guess i'll find out.

Autofire