Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't wait for L4D2

ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106

When Gabe gets bored of leveling his priest alt, I must admit he and his team make some extremely fun games. I can't wait for L4D2 for 2 reasons:

-L4D was great fun, less when you played it on public servers, but you didn't need to many friends to play together as a team and have fun. I can't wait for L4D2 and try its new features.

-After L4D2 releases, Valve will probably move back to TF2. Then we can finally see Engi, Demoman and Soldier upgrades. Well ,at least Engi ones.

Comments

• adriansitooadriansitoo Member Posts: 3

l4f fails

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684

Played L4DII already, it's like L4D just more items, more options and more maps. As well as different zombies, etc, etc. Not revolutionary, just giving people what they want. So in that respect, I'm sure you will love it.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Boycott L4D2 -

The game was supposed to be free content promised to L4D buyers.

Valve did bait&switch on that one

• koopa11988koopa11988 Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Boycott L4D2

completely agree

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

aw.... and i was waiting for it

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Boycott L4D2 -

On your own lol, even the guys who created the group are not boycotting L4D2 anymore

And L4D is getting free content...crash Course just came out this week.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• xanphiaxanphia Member Posts: 684
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Boycott L4D2 -

On your own lol, even the guys who created the group are not boycotting L4D2 anymore

Yeah, when did they promise this? Link if possible.

Originally posted by xanphia

Boycott L4D2 -

Yeah, when did they promise this? Link if possible.

I can’t find links, but they said they will update L4D like they do with TF2 (which they are doing) but for some odd reason some people think L4D2 should be free...I just think people have been spoilt by valve and now thing everything should be free.

• djstormandjstorman Member Posts: 13

I love L4D  to just chill and shoot.  Definately not my main game.  Wish they would make L4D2 a little bit more customizable, including being able to upgrade weapons and keep them instead of having to pickup the same ones again and again.

Just my 2 cents, but yeah definately waiting for the release.

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320

Its going to be an awesome game

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

too bad i live in Australia -_-

They managed to get a censored version in but so far it sounds like it will be less gory than L4D was.  Oh well...i suppose there are always mods

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221

it would be nice if valve and ea didn't go out of their way to rip people off by killing all support for l4d in order to force us to pay $50 dollars for new content

valve and ea must be looking at $OE on how to make a buck

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

I'm going to pass on LFD2, i love Valve.... but 20 new weapons including melee weapons, 1 new infected for each campaign.. equaling 5. I rather not fork over $50 buck's for pretty much the same game. LFD was good fun, but seriously this a pretty piss poor attempt at making a sequal on Valves part. Which shock's me, cause they do a awesome job with their games.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Boycott L4D2 -

No it wasn't supposed to be free content.

Valve has said they would release more content for Left 4 dead 1. Thus far, they have released more versus maps,a survival game mode and a new campaign.

You seriously thought that you were going to get an entire games worth of content for free on top of what you already got with Left 4 Dead?

• RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

I think it's very selfish to pass judgement on this before it's even released. By all means they could pull a vastly improved game, or who knows, even postpone it, it's Valve.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Boycott L4D2 -

No it wasn't supposed to be free content.

Valve has said they would release more content for Left 4 dead 1. Thus far, they have released more versus maps,a survival game mode and a new campaign.

You seriously thought that you were going to get an entire games worth of content for free on top of what you already got with Left 4 Dead?

I know what Lobotomist is saying. He is saying instead of working on a L4D2 they should have been improving on the original and put forth lots of free DLC (what they promised).

I on the other hand agree with him, just by a little bit. DLC (which they are now adding) would have been great a few months ago, but L4D would still be broken. There are so many problems with L4D it isn't funny, every map same strat, you will see different strats being used in ladders and leagues, but they quickly get mimiced. Sitting in a corner bashing zombies with 3 other people was not my idea of Co-op survival horror, was it for you? Example for repaetitive strats No Mercy Rooftop Finale, set up pounces at the top of the ladder, set smoker up next to dish, Boomer seperates and explodes/pukes as they exit get on the roof,  drag one off as smoker, and pounce 2 . Or you can go for the 3 hunter 1 smoker strat.

They never promised lots of free content, they promised more content will be released over time which is exactly what they did.

If you don't like the content, that's fine, but Valve doesn't have to keep working on it after it's release.

You didn't pay for it, they gave it to you for free.

I played Left 4 dead and I don't often sit still in a corner at all. That only happens during the last stand which lasts a few minutes.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

I think valve invented new kind of offline subscription with L4D...

They released L4D less than year ago. You buy it for 50$.

Than they release L4D2 for 50$. They dont make it expansion! So being newer and better game player base mitigates to L4D2 , making L4D servers empty...and forcing rest people to buy new game or stop playing.

Rumor has it that Spring 2010 they will release L4D3 for 50$

So let see. Thats 150$ in less than 2 years (for basically same game).

Basically you are paying subscription for a FPS shooter that is not MMO

Left 4 dead 2 is released about a year after left 4 dead 1. Even if the servers would be completely empty, you received a full year of online entertainment. That's not worth 50$?

Ofcourse the servers aren't going to be empty day 1. Heck, even Call of Duty 2 is still being played online.

There is really no reason to keep complaining about it. You received your moneys worth.

Why would you expect Left 4 dead 2 to be an expansion when it has signigifcantly more content than Left 4 dead 1 did?

• FlaringoFlaringo Member Posts: 83

That's just wrong. 

"Hey, we made a great game! Now, let's re-skin it, make some new maps and sell it again for the same price!"

HEHEHEHE

It's not just a reskin.

It has new weapons, new maps, new gameplay mechanics, new items, new game modes, new difficulty modes.

What more do you want from a sequel?

• LytecLytec Member UncommonPosts: 26

L4D got bored after beating maps 5 times, i think L4D2 will be the same. id probably just rent L4D2 or play it at a friends house.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Gameloading

It's not just a reskin.
    It has new weapons, new maps, new gameplay mechanics, new items, new game modes, new difficulty modes.
    What more do you want from a sequel?

It's true. However it's also true that the original got rather repetative after a couple days. I still have fun w/ it, but it's not a game I can play for very long w/ out getting bored or tired of it.

I'm sure the sequel is going to be good, but with the other good games on the horizon I may have to save my money on this one.