Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gameshop trends..

Garland7GGarland7G Member Posts: 97

A few weeks ago, i go into a gamestop and buy RE:5, the 1st thing the guy asks me is if i have a "membership" when i say no, he then tries to convice me to drop 10 bucks on one. After listening to his spiel for 5 minutes about how i would get a free magazine and 10% off this and that, i say "no thx".

Few days ago i go into the local Gamecrazy to buy Wet, the 1st thing this guy asks me is if i have a "membership" when i say no, he goes on to tell me how awsome it is (cept this store doesn't include a magazine subscription) and that its only 10 bucks. I say "no thx", then he tries to sell me insurance on the game for 3$...

Yesterday, i went back into gamestop, to buy a game and when i get to the counter, the 1st thing they ask me is if i have a "membership"

It didnt used to bother me too much before, but now its getting on my nerves, maybe it's just "knowing" that its coming  lol.

does anyone else have gameshops that try to sell memberships and insurance and other crap on top of games?

Comments

• korpsce24korpsce24 Member Posts: 61

Yes. but unlike you, I don't listen to them, I cut them off as soon as they start trying to sell it to me.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by korpsce24

Yes. but unlike you, I don't listen to them, I cut them off as soon as they start trying to sell it to me.

this, grow some balls and say something, there a store, of course there going to try and sell you stuff, just tell them your not interested.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Not sure why you listen to them, tell them you are not interested right away, done and over. If you are too shy or too nice then I suggest getting the "I reserve nothing" t-shirt and wearing it everytime you walk into a game shop, they won't say a word.

Yes that's a real t-shirt but old so iunno if they still sell em.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • Garland7GGarland7G Member Posts: 97
    Originally posted by Hashbrick

Not sure why you listen to them, tell them you are not interested right away, done and over. If you are too shy or too nice then I suggest getting the "I reserve nothing" t-shirt and wearing it everytime you walk into a game shop, they won't say a word.

Yes that's a real t-shirt but old so iunno if they still sell em.

sometimes i do cut them off and sometimes i don't. Its just annoying to me and i think this shirt would solve the problem,lol thx!

• sneefsneef Member Posts: 12

ya it sucks bassically. I used to work at a gamestop and those memberships were such a scam. You'd also be amazed at how many people dont claim reserves over the course of a year in just one store.... thats 100% profit But of course... why else do you think they would want to sell you these things??

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

My complaint is I get carded when I buy a Mature game.  I have yet to understand it.  I walk in their with tatoos visible, a kid my arm and a ring on my finger.  WTF.  Then you procede to tell me you'll get in more trouble selling a game to a minor than selling alcohol to one..man this store manager is a total crackjob.  You would think you would put two and two together.