Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speed Gammers???

for people i like to refer to as speed gamers---

---

Speed Gamer - a person that likes games with fast pace and fight lv up rates and high max lv cap

---

i am a speed gamer and was wondering if any of you all know games like; Angel online, secret of the solstice, mu online, and all the TQ games, if you know any games like them or as fast as them please tell me im bored to death xD and grinding for a year to get to lv 50 on solstice is way to slow! max lv on solstice is like 160 or some thing and getting to lv 24 takes a week

Comments

• WakawakazWakawakaz Member Posts: 23

I've played some TQ games, but a speed gamer? The point of a game is to enjoy it... Looking for exploits and the quickest way to do this and the fastest way to level is not all that fun. It's more about the process to get to end game.

• bladeofthedabladeoftheda Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Wakawakaz

I've played some TQ games, but a speed gamer? The point of a game is to enjoy it... Looking for exploits and the quickest way to do this and the fastest way to level is not all that fun. It's more about the process to get to end game.

what i mant is a game that has a fast rate of exp and a changing enviroment and ability to have a lot of things not use a few for low lvs but a high lv cap so things keep changing and it stays fun insted of a game that is 30 hours of grinding for 1 lv it gets very boring

• InzraInzra Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by bladeoftheda

what i mant is a game that has a fast rate of exp and a changing enviroment and ability to have a lot of things not use a few for low lvs but a high lv cap so things keep changing and it stays fun insted of a game that is 30 hours of grinding for 1 lv it gets very boring

AoC has fast leveling Imo, and I thought it was a fun game overall

In Darkfall you can be all you like without any limits except changing race, but you might find the grind for certain skills and proffessions boring.

Those two are pay-to-play and have free-for-all PvP

In free games I can only think of Dungeon Runners, it's easy fast action, where you can spawn anywhere your group is at any time, so no mounts.

Only games I can think of atm.

Originally posted by Inzra

AoC has fast leveling Imo, and I thought it was a fun game overall

In Darkfall you can be all you like without any limits except changing race, but you might find the grind for certain skills and proffessions boring.

Those two are pay-to-play and have free-for-all PvP

In free games I can only think of Dungeon Runners, it's easy fast action, where you can spawn anywhere your group is at any time, so no mounts.

Only games I can think of atm.

yea not very meny of them that are actually good and stuff so its hard to find a game like zero online thats easy to level but hard enuff to keep playing

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

---
    Speed Gamer - a person that likes games with fast pace and fight lv up rates and high max lv cap
    ---
    i am a speed gamer and was wondering if any of you all know games like; Angel online, secret of the solstice, mu online, and all the TQ games, if you know any games like them or as fast as them please tell me im bored to death xD and grinding for a year to get to lv 50 on solstice is way to slow! max lv on solstice is like 160 or some thing and getting to lv 24 takes a week

You can level up like incredibly fast in almost any western MMORPG these days.

Speed gamer isn't a very good term imo and my initial impression of the term made me think of people who speed through games to the end and record it to put their record on the internet to be challenged or just watched for lots of views on youtube.

If it gets you through your thread though that's cool.

I think you want twitchy or hackNslash games and there aren't very many of those. Age of Conan and Planetside are all I can think of.

Asian MMORPGs are pretty much the only other place to turn to unless you move on to good ol' FPS and RPG.

Originally posted by Plasmicredx

---
    ---

You can level up like incredibly fast in almost any western MMORPG these days.
    Speed gamer isn't a very good term imo and my initial impression of the term made me think of people who speed through games to the end and record it to put their record on the internet to be challenged or just watched for lots of views on youtube.
    If it gets you through your thread though that's cool.
    I think you want twitchy or hackNslash games and there aren't very many of those. Age of Conan and Planetside are all I can think of.
    Asian MMORPGs are pretty much the only other place to turn to unless you move on to good ol' FPS and RPG.

thats true but with things like that, that are undefined and can mean almost every thing or any thing is persisly the reason i posted my definition. most western games suck and im only in to the high level ones that will not take me a year to get to lv 30-50 just a fun game i can enjoy playing sorta like zero online was.

thats true but with things like that, that are undefined and can mean almost every thing or any thing is persisly the reason i posted my definition.
    most western games suck and im only in to the high level ones that will not take me a year to get to lv 30-50 just a fun game i can enjoy playing sorta like zero online was.

Age of Conan does suck imo.

Planetside on the other hand. Well, Planetside is just very, very complicated. I also don't recommend it.

World of Warcraft is sort of twitchy in some ways and I would always recommend that to someone because it's the best one of all time imo but it also doesn't take a year to get very high and it's fast paced.

When speaking about far eastern styled MMORPGs and western MMORPGs this should bring up the question of if they are F2P (Free to Play) or not. None of these games I'm speaking of are F2P like I assume Zero Online probably is.

I wish the best of luck to you and your search for your MMORPG at the very least I can give you.

thats true but with things like that, that are undefined and can mean almost every thing or any thing is persisly the reason i posted my definition. most western games suck and im only in to the high level ones that will not take me a year to get to lv 30-50 just a fun game i can enjoy playing sorta like zero online was.

Age of Conan does suck imo.
    Planetside on the other hand. Well, Planetside is just very, very complicated. I also don't recommend it.
    World of Warcraft is sort of twitchy in some ways and I would always recommend that to someone because it's the best one of all time imo but it also doesn't take a year to get very high and it's fast paced.
    When speaking about far eastern styled MMORPGs and western MMORPGs this should bring up the question of if they are F2P (Free to Play) or not. None of these games I'm speaking of are F2P like I assume Zero Online probably is.
    I wish the best of luck to you and your search for your MMORPG at the very least I can give you.

Zero online is a game developed by a company called TQ digital. its a very low graphic mecha game that almost every computer can run and is F2P

WoW sucks and always will suck in my opinion. any P2P game can kiss my ----------. regardless im here for cheep crappy fun games like zero online nothing that would require a payment is needed. godswar is a game like it but my friend didnt like it so i wont test that one. nothing along the lines of aion or what not. i can run aion but i dont want to wast the money (9800 ge force graphics card)

You should SO test any game if your opinion was high about it even if you trust your friend entirely imo.

I have two brothers and love to play video games with them more than anything but our taste in video games differ.

In years to come you may remember that you never tried that video game.

You may also try and play it and regret that too.

You never know. :)

You should SO test any game if your opinion was high about it even if you trust your friend entirely imo.
    I have two brothers and love to play video games with them more than anything but our taste in video games differ.
    In years to come you may remember that you never tried that video game.
    You may also try and play it and regret that too.
    You never know. :)

true but i seen him play it and might not like it my self

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

My first boss used to say "Gammer was slow, but she was old".

Originally posted by svann

My first boss used to say "Gammer was slow, but she was old".

thats true but most of the games now days suck

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Asheron's Call used to be a grind. But now it is fast leveling, it has 275 levels so you have a lot of gameplay in front of you as well. Yes the graphics are older but you get used to it fast. Every creature drops loot so you're constantly getting more items, more money, new spells, new levels, improved skills.

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

Asheron's Call used to be a grind. But now it is fast leveling, it has 275 levels so you have a lot of gameplay in front of you as well. Yes the graphics are older but you get used to it fast. Every creature drops loot so you're constantly getting more items, more money, new spells, new levels, improved skills.

yea but isnt Asheron's call pay to play?

If you can't P2P, go to the game's list. Select Free Games. And randomly pick one. Because If you pick X over Y you're not going to miss out on anything in Y because they are all the same.

And besides that, MMOs aren't designed for "Speed Gamers" anyway. That's why I linked Need For Speed. You're looking for FPSs, Racers, or Fighting Games (IE: Tekken) if you're looking for fast placed play. You may LIKE MMOs, but they aren't for you. I'm both, I love playing MMOs, but I love FPS/Racer/Fighting Games.... but I understand the difference.

Not to mention, if you did find a F2P MMO that met your requirements, chances are that you're going to have to PAY to play the way you're looking to. Because, like it or not ppl like to be paid for their hard work and it takes money to run games. I know it's stupid. But hey, if you're into it you can mow my yard everyday for free if you want. Won't bother me.

Originally posted by TheHatter

If you can't P2P, go to the game's list. Select Free Games. And randomly pick one. Because If you pick X over Y you're not going to miss out on anything in Y because they are all the same.

And besides that, MMOs aren't designed for "Speed Gamers" anyway. That's why I linked Need For Speed. You're looking for FPSs, Racers, or Fighting Games (IE: Tekken) if you're looking for fast placed play. You may LIKE MMOs, but they aren't for you. I'm both, I love playing MMOs, but I love FPS/Racer/Fighting Games.... but I understand the difference.

Not to mention, if you did find a F2P MMO that met your requirements, chances are that you're going to have to PAY to play the way you're looking to. Because, like it or not ppl like to be paid for their hard work and it takes money to run games. I know it's stupid. But hey, if you're into it you can mow my yard everyday for free if you want. Won't bother me.

i can name 4 right now

zero oneline - loved

conquer online - hated

edumons online - was alright

mu online - good now and then

reason i dont play theas games is because im going to sue the maker for braking the law

reason i dont play theas games is because im going to sue the maker for braking the law

Ummmmm.... yeah.... sure. Good luck with that I guess.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

---
    ---

You may want to try another genre. MMORPGs are not made to be "speed gamed" and being determined to do so is a recipe for frustration, as you are finding out.