Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Ultima Online: Return to Britannia Campaign

MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community ManagerQueens, NYPosts: 5,719Administrator Uncommon

In order to celebrate Ultima Online's 12th anniversary, EA has launched a "Return to Britannia" Campaign. As part of the campaign former players are being invited back to Ultima Online to play the game free of charge until October 16th. For those who have never played UO, a 14-day trial is also available.

The original announcement can be viewed here.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB

Comments

• OyjordOyjord Riverside, CAPosts: 372Member Uncommon

I have an old UO account dating back to April 2000.  It's been at least 4 or 5 years since I've played it.  I'll check it out again, why not, I loved the game dearly back in the day.  But sorry, it needs a full 3-d client, now.  The isometric look was fun, but games have evolved, as have tastes.  If UO wants to stop being a tiny niche game and get more subscribers, we need a UO2/3-d client.

• jotulljotull sailisbury, NCPosts: 256Member

God I wish they would overhaul their welcome backs and trials. In both cases you need a CC, and they usually get charged (most of the time double)  way before The Free part ends.....no other Mythic game is like this and it really turns off potential players.  My guild would have gotten five new players if not for dealing with this BS.

• augustgraceaugustgrace Cottonwood, CAPosts: 624Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jotull

God I wish they would overhaul their welcome backs and trials. In both cases you need a CC, and they usually get charged (most of the time double)  way before The Free part ends.....no other Mythic game is like this and it really turns off potential players.  My guild would have gotten five new players if not for dealing with this BS.

I did a 14 day trial a month ago and wasn't asked for credit card info.

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Maryville, ILPosts: 291Member

Here is a title that is a shining example of needing to go to a free to play model.

Why not DDO did and it's a huge success, DDO is the best F2P mmorpg out there at the moment and it's 3D.

UO is what....still 2D isometric with a monthly fee???? It was a great title in it's day but let's face it EA either goes to a F2P model, develop a 21st century UO title or let it die one or the other not keep this dinosaur alive.

EQ is almost as old as UO and it is still thriving because that title is 3D.

I don't want to come off dogging UO don't get me wrong I simply loved this game back in the day but it is time to move on.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO LondonPosts: 1,333Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u

Here is a title that is a shining example of needing to go to a free to play model.
    Why not DDO did and it's a huge success, DDO is the best F2P mmorpg out there at the moment and it's 3D.
    UO is what....still 2D isometric with a monthly fee???? It was a great title in it's day but let's face it EA either goes to a F2P model, develop a 21st century UO title or let it die one or the other not keep this dinosaur alive.
    EQ is almost as old as UO and it is still thriving because that title is 3D.
    I don't want to come off dogging UO don't get me wrong I simply loved this game back in the day but it is time to move on.

They are doing a F2P UO for the Asia market right being worked on.

• CalundannCalundann Roskilde, KYPosts: 12Member
    Originally posted by Oyjord

I have an old UO account dating back to April 2000.  It's been at least 4 or 5 years since I've played it.  I'll check it out again, why not, I loved the game dearly back in the day.  But sorry, it needs a full 3-d client, now.  The isometric look was fun, but games have evolved, as have tastes.  If UO wants to stop being a tiny niche game and get more subscribers, we need a UO2/3-d client.

I have an old UO account as well from years back. I tried to revive it but the email account it was registered with doesnt exist anymore and I cant remember the username and password for my UO account. So I cant use the Lost Username feature on the support page. But here is where it gets weird, I need the Username to log in to send an email to support to ask for the username I cant remember!

Its like the support is designed to fail...