Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 reasons why you should be excited for Borderlands

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Comments

• BlinkxBlinkx Member Posts: 20

Will it even be an MMO? As far as I can find out in short researches not realy... so no interesst!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

This is the general gaming section where we post and talk about games in general. Non-MMO dicussion is welcome here. As far as this turning intoa mmo noone has any idea yet because this is a brand new ip from Gearbox Software. It is a 4 player coop game for the console and pc.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Yeah this game should be sweet.  Im really digging all these PA games that have been coming out.  The guy said this is the best FPS/RPG fusion ever, that makes me so excited I loved Fallout 3 and Mass Effect and  Fallen Earth.

"Oh, and did I mention that at any time during the game, a player can melee another player and start a 1-on-1 challenge if the other player returns the hit" 

I'm just wondering how this will work?  Is it only in co op mode you can do this?  Or is there a place where you can look at a list of people playing the game and attack them and if they attack back you go to some arena or something? Then after someone wins you go back to your game?

Originally posted by cukimunga

Yeah this game should be sweet.  Im really digging all these PA games that have been coming out.  The guy said this is the best FPS/RPG fusion ever, that makes me so excited I loved Fallout 3 and Mass Effect and  Fallen Earth.
    "Oh, and did I mention that at any time during the game, a player can melee another player and start a 1-on-1 challenge if the other player returns the hit" 
    I'm just wondering how this will work?  Is it only in co op mode you can do this?  Or is there a place where you can look at a list of people playing the game and attack them and if they attack back you go to some arena or something? Then after someone wins you go back to your game?

Well you can't meele another player in single player mode. :/  You should check out their website at.... www.borderlandsthegame.com/ to get alot of questions answered.

Borderlands Has Over 100 Hours Game Time

dailygamesnews.com/2009/09/borderlands-has-over-100-hours-game.html

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

It was looking cool until I saw it only supports 4 player coop. Might be something fun to play for a short time between MMOs.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Yep, looking forward to this. First-person D2 with a crapton of guns in a post apocalyptic setting with cel-shaded graphics? Oh yeah, I am IN!

If I can scrape together the cash, that is :(