Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 SERVERS CLOSING ON OCTOBER 15, 2009

2»

Comments

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

your caps button is stuck

other then that, this really isnt shocking news, everyone already knew most of their servers were dead.

anyway.. how many servers are left? edit: nvm, 13 now. still too many

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by drbaltazar 
    lol the  number guys is not important its the comparo 
    take you 2500 then  now they can probably take 25000 instead so no more need for 10 server of 2500 when their new server can handle a lot more

Wait...let me see if I understand you correctly...

Are you suggesting that SoE is closing these 12 servers because they can handle the same population on 13 that they could on 25? Which...I'm sure they can given the current population (16-20k max). But I get this feeling you think SoE is doing it because they have some new ungodly servers?!!??!?! 

Dude, the problem isn't that they can handle MORE now (which is completely false to begin with)...it's that they don't have the players to JUSTIFY 25 any longer...not only do they not have the current player base to support 25, they have also given up any hope of ever gaining back the majority of those who have left.

Closing 1/2 their servers is a MAJOR MAJOR step...that is giving up...something SoE seldom does.

But...rather than admitting the tremendous failure this obviously is for SoE, they try to pretend it's an "overwhelming success"...LMAO!!! WTF?! LOL!!!

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897
    Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Even though I would never play SWG ever again, it is sad to hear that my home server of Corbantis is closing.

Dito that is the first server i played on as well.

Guess they are finally going to get rid of my master CH

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by 3on1

your caps button is stuck
    other then that, this really isnt shocking news, everyone already knew most of their servers were dead.

Who's? If you're referring to the title of this thread, please follow the links I provided - I copied it directly from the SoE release.

This discussion has been closed.