Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG is closing the underpopulated servers

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Gravez

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Originally posted by Obraik

Originally posted by stillkillin

Originally posted by FikusOfAhazi

Brakes my heart to see those servers go.
    /pours some out
    The people on the servers left better welcome the few who have to transfer with open arms. If there's any that cancel they're welcome here anytime. The light is always on. Sorry to hear this, but hopefully the death of those worlds will bring some life to others.

*just copied my post from the news thread instead of making another*

it shouldn't.

this is more proof that $OE should have stuck with the pre-cu system or should roll the game back to the pre-cu like we have asked them. really i am happy to see those servers go cuz it shows $OE that we are right.

Being right doesnt make me happy. Worlds people helped build just died. I was always warning, not wanting. Feel whatever you want about SOE, I was talking about the community, even the ones left. Even the ones that told us to GTFO. Unlike SOE, Im proud of the things we built, and its sad to see them Die. Even if it was their time to go. Screw SOE, it's the players you should empathise with.

and now we have to work harder to get the rest of the servers shut down now we have to work harder to show bioware that they need to ditch what they have now with tor and make it a pre-cu title.

my friends we have won today the nge will soon be shut down and look around the whole casual gaming movement is dieing all around us along with the consoles and other bs

real gaming is coming back

lol....and now I remember why I stopped coming to these forums...

Yeah, I’d just ignore people like that....some people’s minds are just in another world it seems

And people who claim that SWG has more players than ever and populations are growing are any better? I wouldn't call "Take part in a thriving Star Wars community" a growing game when they are merging half the servers. Think about that for a minute, they aren't closing afew servers for underperforming, they are closing HALF of the servers.

Hmm, can't say I see any such claims in this thread (at least none that I bothered to read).  Would you like to point out what I missed?

• GravezGravez Member Posts: 249

/pours some out
    The people on the servers left better welcome the few who have to transfer with open arms. If there's any that cancel they're welcome here anytime. The light is always on. Sorry to hear this, but hopefully the death of those worlds will bring some life to others.

it shouldn't.

this is more proof that $OE should have stuck with the pre-cu system or should roll the game back to the pre-cu like we have asked them. really i am happy to see those servers go cuz it shows $OE that we are right.

Being right doesnt make me happy. Worlds people helped build just died. I was always warning, not wanting. Feel whatever you want about SOE, I was talking about the community, even the ones left. Even the ones that told us to GTFO. Unlike SOE, Im proud of the things we built, and its sad to see them Die. Even if it was their time to go. Screw SOE, it's the players you should empathise with.

and now we have to work harder to get the rest of the servers shut down now we have to work harder to show bioware that they need to ditch what they have now with tor and make it a pre-cu title.

my friends we have won today the nge will soon be shut down and look around the whole casual gaming movement is dieing all around us along with the consoles and other bs

Yeah, I’d just ignore people like that....some people’s minds are just in another world it seems

And people who claim that SWG has more players than ever and populations are growing are any better? I wouldn't call "Take part in a thriving Star Wars community" a growing game when they are merging half the servers. Think about that for a minute, they aren't closing afew servers for underperforming, they are closing HALF of the servers.

Yes but claims like this are just beyond ehhh unrealistic to put it nicely

“and now we have to work harder to get the rest of the servers shut down now we have to work harder to show bioware that they need to ditch what they have now with tor and make it a pre-cu title.

real gaming is coming back”

I agree with you 100% but there are people on both sides who make ridiculous statements.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

/pours some out

it shouldn't.

Yes but claims like this are just beyond ehhh unrealistic to put it nicely

“and now we have to work harder to get the rest of the servers shut down now we have to work harder to show bioware that they need to ditch what they have now with tor and make it a pre-cu title.

real gaming is coming back”

I agree with you 100% but there are people on both sides who make ridiculous statements.

indeed.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Inat_miveaInat_mivea Star Wars Galaxies CorrespondentMember Posts: 249

another win for us vets.
    we have 12 servers down and only 13 to go and once again this shows $OE and every gamer out there who is right. right now if pre-cu was still running $OE would be opening more servers due to more and more people wanting to get away from the boring level based games and want a game like swg pre-cu.
    and mark my words bioware best be watching. if they think us vets are going to roll over for them cuz they think tor looks nice think again.

lol your four years of hard work posting harsh words about SOE is finally paying off!!

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• GravezGravez Member Posts: 249

/pours some out

it shouldn't.

Hmm, can't say I see any such claims in this thread (at least none that I bothered to read).  Would you like to point out what I missed?

Sorry you can't derail the thread from the fact that SWG is closing half of it's servers, since that is your usual tactic. If you need more information I might suggest the SWG homepage which claims to be a thriving game or numerous posts on MMOFringe.com or the General discussion forums on MMORPG.com. Please stay on topic or I will have to report you for trolling.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Lateris

They should shut those servers down and migrate them into the existing cluster for a more robust server performance for the remaining subscribers that will stick with the game.  Or maybe the CLone Wars MMORPG web based gamer will get them.

Dracus you are King! :)

or maybe they should take those servers and make them into pre-cu servers

if they did that look out wow

Originally posted by Inat_mivea

another win for us vets.
    we have 12 servers down and only 13 to go and once again this shows $OE and every gamer out there who is right. right now if pre-cu was still running $OE would be opening more servers due to more and more people wanting to get away from the boring level based games and want a game like swg pre-cu.
    and mark my words bioware best be watching. if they think us vets are going to roll over for them cuz they think tor looks nice think again.

lol your four years of hard work posting harsh words about SOE is finally paying off!!

four years of posting the truth about $OE

four years of telling gamers everywhere to stay away from $OE

four years of $OE making themselfs look bad with stupid unwanted ideas and content

i wonder if we will even see the zombie patch now. i don't think we will.

• Inat_miveaInat_mivea Star Wars Galaxies CorrespondentMember Posts: 249

another win for us vets.

four years of $OE making themselfs look bad with stupid unwanted ideas and content

and after 4 yrs what has it gotten you? game is still running. you WILL see the zombies all they did was close the underpopulated servers. i'm still happy :)

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

another win for us vets.

and after 4 yrs what has it gotten you? game is still running. you WILL see the zombies all they did was close the underpopulated servers. i'm still happy :)

We can play for free at least:)

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

I hate SOE but honestly SWG is water under the bridge for me now. Even as a stingy vet. The reason being the fact the john smelly brought up news about "Planetside", and said "You will like" on his twitter page.

Those who don't know, john smelly, the CEO of $OE, Only posts on his twitter for announcements that are BIG. This is not some small planetside deal, otherwise this is all a big sham.

Seeing as SWG and Planetside are my favorite MMO's of all time back in their hayday. I am now focues on wtf is going on with planetside.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Ah once again $OE once again tells the white lie and now is closing servers as I knew they would, chalk another vet prediction up on the board please , if any one remembers months ago before the FCT started they stated there would be no server closures of course those of us could see thru that BS knew it would happen. I can sense the few fanbois left of the game crying themselves to sleep tonight not being able to use the excuse that the game is thriving anymore, if it was why would they close servers?

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Good old Smed... He was always good for a laugh, if nothing else. I shudder to think what this "news" about Planetside might be.  Perhaps due to its "overwhelming success" they are closing it down?

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568

I have to admit. I take no enjoyment out of seeing Kauri on the closing list.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Thank you all who enjoyed that "Interview."

I was thinking of going into it, such as asking SOE of, "Would the servers be shutdown had the FCTS failed?"

And then adding in Lolcats as free gifts...

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931

Funny, I seem to remember one of our resident SOE supporters posting this:

"For those that play SWG regularly, we're all seeing more players than ever taking part in SWG with new, returning and active players enjoying the game immensely.

Even the "Transfer from" servers are starting to rebuild their communities, it may take the best part of this year but if the last month is anything to go by, these passionate communites on servers like Infinity and Scylla will continue to grow over the coming year and once again be attractive to players looking for large populations."

Thanks for setting the record straight Inat.  Any accurate information about the game is helpful in my view.

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931

All of SOE's games have had server merges at some point and all but one are stil running.
    Of course, I guess this translates to SOE is shutting down?

Matrix Online?

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

This was wierd. We opened our flood gates and water came out. "I don't know what to make of it sir." Well men the positive thing is that when you move a lot of nothing closer together it almost looks like something. But when it's far apart you cant really tell it's anything at all. Just like when you were a kid and you spread your pees all over the plate to make it look like you ate some. But them your mom smacked you and moved your pees back into the pile they were originaly in before you came up with that stupid idea.

SOE=SHITS ON EVERYONE

Originally posted by ArcAngel3

All of SOE's games have had server merges at some point and all but one are stil running.

Matrix Online?

Looks like you missed the "all but one" part in the post you quoted ;)

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

Matrix Online?

With the evercrack titles SOE doesnt have to split profits with an IP owner nor does it have to deal with an IP owner on content additions/changes.

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

once again the fanbois and fanbots try to make it sound like everything is nice and happy in nge land. the truth is it isn't the truth is that the nge is near to being shutdown by $OE due to it being a waste of money and a drain on resorces that can be better spent on other games that will fail.

next month i stillkillin will do this much after they shut the servers down i will go to the servers that are still up. i will go and take screen shots at prime time to show the world the lack of players in the nge i will show that the nge is dead and that the game will not last that much longer.

and once again i will say what we have all said to $OE from the very start 4 years ago. we want pre-cu swg!

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by Valeran

Matrix Online?

With the evercrack titles SOE doesnt have to split profits with an IP owner nor does it have to deal with an IP owner on content additions/changes.

I still cant believe people think SOE is shutting down.   SWG is still making SOE and LA millions in subs and card sales.    EQ2 isnt doing good like SWG but it still has players, EQ1 is the money maker for SOE.     The way it works is Station Pass.    SOE doesnt count on one game to make, they have multiple titles to attract players.     Im sure they are working on a new set of games.    I agree that most of what they have is looking dated and dead, its time for a new batch.   

The way I think they are opperating at SOE today is keep a skeleton crew on the games, put most resources into development and hope the new games bring in people.    Didnt you see the new announcement , they are hireing developers for a new flaggship project.    My guess is its the next EQ, but Ive read it wont be called EQ, more than likely a fantasy game to compete with WOW.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

once again the fanbois and fanbots try to make it sound like everything is nice and happy in nge land. the truth is it isn't the truth is that the nge is near to being shutdown by $OE due to it being a waste of money and a drain on resorces that can be better spent on other games that will fail.
    next month i stillkillin will do this much after they shut the servers down i will go to the servers that are still up. i will go and take screen shots at prime time to show the world the lack of players in the nge i will show that the nge is dead and that the game will not last that much longer.
    and once again i will say what we have all said to $OE from the very start 4 years ago. we want pre-cu swg!

I underlined the parts that makes me think you wear a tinfoil hat and look for suspicious parked cars outside your baseme..house.

But good luck with your crusade though.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by BullseyeArc1

Matrix Online?

I still cant believe people think SOE is shutting down.   SWG is still making SOE and LA millions in subs and card sales.    EQ2 isnt doing good like SWG but it still has players, EQ1 is the money maker for SOE.     The way it works is Station Pass.    SOE doesnt count on one game to make, they have multiple titles to attract players.     Im sure they are working on a new set of games.    I agree that most of what they have is looking dated and dead, its time for a new batch.   

The way I think they are opperating at SOE today is keep a skeleton crew on the games, put most resources into development and hope the new games bring in people.    Didnt you see the new announcement , they are hireing developers for a new flaggship project.    My guess is its the next EQ, but Ive read it wont be called EQ, more than likely a fantasy game to compete with WOW.

Your post makes way too much sense from a business perspective. That doesnt work in this forum, it just makes you as suspicious as SOE :p

Originally posted by someforumguy

Originally posted by BullseyeArc1

Matrix Online?

Your post makes way too much sense from a business perspective. That doesnt work in this forum, it just makes you as suspicious as SOE :p

I'm sure he'll be tagged soebot002 soon.  Naturally I'm taking claim to soebot001 since I was here first, afterall.