Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Section 8... Any good? the box looked amazing

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

So i was in walmart today and saw the box for section 8... anyone here play it and know if its any good thanks in advance.

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

The box looks amazing, the trailer looks amazing, sorry was very disappointed with the game, don't get me wrong it's a fun multiplayer game, but after have read and seen things about the game I would have thought it would really NOT be another shooter as they kept saying.

But it's a fun game, if you like multiplayer games like UT09, QuakeWars then you might enjoy it.

For today's standart my comp aint the top line anymore, but most other multiplayer A-title games look far better even UT09.

But like I said I think 2 times already if you are into multiplayer games it might be fun it has all the same basic elements and to me didn't really bring anything new to the table.

I would suggest trying the demo before buying.

• Killerclan11Killerclan11 Member Posts: 16

Thanks for the info Reklaw. I will definably try the demo first.

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I disagree, I think it adds quite a bit that hasn't been done recently.

Lately, the ability to actually completely customize your own class, with passive abilities including, has been neglected. The jetpack, while not completely new to FPS games in generally, hasn't been done in a good 4 years that I can recall. There's also the free spawn drop-in system which I have never seen done, and it works well.

The Dynamic Combat Missions are also a nice addition, taking a key from Quake Wars and extending upon it. 

It's a great multiplayer FPS game, one of I best I would say, although the singleplayer is just horrible.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• MaligarMaligar Member Posts: 81
    Originally posted by nickelpat

It's a great multiplayer FPS game, one of I best I would say, although the singleplayer is just horrible.

This ^^.

Maligar Kelison
    Threat Removal

• JaklaxJaklax Member Posts: 52

Simply put.. u won't find yourself wanting to play it over anything else you own. It's not exciting and doesn't have that fun factor that gets you addicted..i would rent/pass on this one