Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Game Guard help or hurt Aion?

13»

Comments

• ThreetownsThreetowns Member UncommonPosts: 322

No Problems for me!  i have the New Windows Vista Ultimate UpGrade...

• NaiarNaiar Member Posts: 16

Using vista 64 I have had nothing but trouble from gameguard, removed firewall + avg virus to try and stop getting error 340 and error 350 but still they was there, after 3 days of trying this and that I now bypass it all together and I am playing Aion. Sorted

If you don't like something change/remove it, I did not like gameguard so it gone.

Remember    -  where there is a will there is a way  -

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

funny thing is Aion can surcomvent this whole issue/debate by doing 2 things

1) removing GG as its nothing but a waste of space and if you dont know a whole lot of computers, becomes almost impossible to remove.

2) limiting the client side server access. basicly making all movement/attacks/timers ect server side.

there by you cant automate it. VERY easy to do. not always cost effective tho, as some times it costs up to a spare server to run.

BUT removing important files from the client prevents MOST "hacks" people run. aka cool down/speed/auto hit/ multi-hit/vacumm(floating hack) ect.  with them removed you only really have to deal with the odd automated movement scripts (botting is not AS bad as an actual hack.. bot only really boosts your leveling power cause you can level while sleeping unlike cooldown which effects pots and skills (bad for pvp).

OFcourse this all relys on AION being coded correctly and properly, if it is i see no reason why NcSoft cant design their game to not even need GG or any sort of anti-hack. simply because it would require hacking the game server to tweek anything. not saying people wont try.. but when 80% of all game "hackers" are stupid little script kiddies who couldnt code their way out of a paper bag... i really dont see little timmy loowho hacking AION's server just so he can jump 0.002* higher then the rest.

• luffyownzluffyownz Member UncommonPosts: 50

when i play aion im unable to use my main browser chrome and thats cause of a conflict with gameguard...i have to use 2 browsers now if i keep playing this game :P

• brianmkbrianmk Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Originally posted by Xasapis

Currently I'm having issues with GG having false alarms and shutting down the game.
    Having said that, I don't see how GameGuard, or Steam's VAC, or Blizzard's Warden compromise the security of my system or its stability. I believe we're a bit too paranoid over the issue. 

You have to "READ" the posts.They are not saying the program is causing security risks,they are saying they have to turn off all security to be able to run GG,so in essence it is creating the risk sort of,unless you choose not to play.

The FACT is this....Nguard does NOT work,so why create strife for your users?

I have to be fair of course ,and look at both sides.Number 1 to the person on running in XP mode,i have never in the thousands of times tried ever seen XP mode do squat,it is a bs addition to Vista.

Number 2 ...under 64 bit systems,you sometimes on cheap setups like Aions,need to set Administration rights,for ALL folders.You don't have to go into each folder,just rclick the MAIN folder and it will gives rights to everything inside.The odd time you may need to go in and rclick ADMIN rights to the actual .exe32 file that starts the game.

Here is the final part....tuning off your security "while in the game" should be of no risk at all....."normally".There is the small chance you have some lingering virus that your anti virus or DEFENDER does not notice ,but  i think the risk is VERY LOW.Whayt i am saying is that you should have little to no fear at all running the game ,with anti virus off.

There is of course a few things to realize when you do this.DO not have any other programs running in the background,they could somehow link to other sites and grab that virus,so  i guess there is still a slight risk.The whole thing does cause concern and needless HASSLE,but  i would say do not worry while in game,just make sure to put your security back up when out of game.

Here is the best advice,stay off the pron sites lol and stay off the cheat sites.IMO those are the two main reasons you would pick up viruses.

windows itself and avery anti virus+ firewall combinations have security holes and arent inmute to everything, if you turn off your security in a couple of minutes you will be infected of something, there is a lot of bot scanning random ips for security holes for to send trojans or any kind of malware, i know how it work and u arent safe even with the latest antivirus, GG itself have a know security hole that make it easy to hack and or disable, any newb in hacking can get trought it and hack de game easily, and GG itself its a rootkit it works like a malware, who knows if it is sending important data to its company.