It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Originally posted by pussaykat I thought this was a "launching Aion" thread not an "Aion's launch thread".Anyway for the help that i'll get. I downloaded the game from fileplanet. Korean client. I did some reading on Aion's forums, turns out the only way to fix it is to reinstall the game via launcher while setting the language you want first.It was set to french and it installed korean and i wanted english.
yep erase aion go to ncsoft and follow instruction make sure to use english usa not english europe or you might get other issue
So I've been running Aion fine for the last 2 weeks with no issues. When I tried to log in last night, the play nc launcher won't launch and gives me the follow error message:
CLR error: 80004005.
The program will now terminate.
Nothing changed between the last time I sucessfully logged in -- there wasnt even a patch. I was running XP Home w/o the service packs. Since then, I tried updating to service pack 3 and Im having the same issue. I uninstalled Aion and the launcher and I still get the same message. I then uninstalled all my play nc games and tried installing JUST the launcher: same error. I've tried everything I've read and nothing seems to work. My nVidia drivers are up to date. I'm running:
Win XP SP3
Pentium dual core 2.66ghz
GeForce 8400 GS (512mb) w/ DirectX 9.0c
Any help would be great, as I am completely unable to play anything that requires the launcher...
I'm not even sure those will adress your issues but they might be worth looking into.
Got this from a gm:
Thank you for contacting NCsoft Technical Support.
In order to resolve this issue please try one of the following:
• Try the suggestion listed in this forum thread: http://www.aionsource.com/forum/1306705-post15.html
• Rename the Aion installation folder (By default: C:Program FilesNCsoftAion) to AionEU, then right-click on the Aion entry in the NCsoft Launcher, click browse for the Install location and choose the Aion.bin file that is in the newly named folder (AionEU).
• 1. Browse to your game folder (default: C:Program FilesNCsoftAion) and open the version.ini file (open with notepad).
2. Please change it to say:
3. Save the file, close it, and try Launching the game again. It should recheck for any missing updates that came out between 1.5 and the current build.
• Reinstall the game.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Regards,GM KathrineNCsoft Technical Support
-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?-Yes.-...
I have purchased AION from Steam, created an account and activated it using the key, but I cannot log into the game. I get the 'ID or password does not match' error.
I must have screwed something up when I created the game or site account, I think they got mixed between them, because:
- in My Games section of the website, I can see the username I chose for the game (letters only)
- using the 'forgotten username' form on the website, the in-game username seems to be my e-mail (email@example.com). Which I obviously cannot use since they don't allow special characters (such as @) in the username field.
Mailed their tech support, waiting for a reply, I was just wandering if anyone else had this problem - and if so, how you solved it.
Better to be crazy, provided you know what sane is...
fck this is retarded..
This game excists for how long? still have errors...
I am not even been able to install the damn thing
installer does nothing..
We have Gameforge in the EU. There appear to be a number of issues, which is a bit strange as it's not a new game by any means and we are talking about people who used to play Aion and are trying the ftp option.
I'm not sure Gameforge employ anyone who has worked in IT before. Probably more familiar with getting asked what type of sauce people want with their drive thru.
This is the error that happens to me :
[Launcher error] Deletion of the temporary folder during the automatic
Please reinstall the launcher.
PS1_5_C:Program FilesGameforgeNCLauncher emp
I have deleted the Gameforge folder and installed the launcher and updated it again and it still wont work Could someone please help? Thanks
Right click that little thing next to Aion and choose "check for updates", and the process should run and patch a small file. After that it should work.----- igshops