Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name the games that really need a sequel for you

RoutverRoutver Member Posts: 383

The title sums it up. What game left you wanting for more, and was "unfairly forgotten"?

What comes to my mind now is the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, directional lightsaber combat was very fun... Way better than any other action SW titles released recently.

Comments

• godlykids9godlykids9 Member Posts: 7

i would want a swg sequel but swg with the combat/char systems as they started and not after cu junk. started out as the best game i ever played and then bam never wanted to play it again. miss being part of the best pre cu clan on the server and being one of the first jedis.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by godlykids9

i would want a swg sequel but swg with the combat/char systems as they started and not after cu junk. started out as the best game i ever played and then bam never wanted to play it again. miss being part of the best pre cu clan on the server and being one of the first jedis.

I agree. I'd love to see a SWG sequel with everything SWG had before the NGE, add in a lot more OPTIONAL content, and fix all the bugs and broken stuff. That would be awesome.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346

Planescape: Torment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

DARK AGE OF CAMELOT

:p 
  • KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Wing Commander Series

Mechwarrior (though, a new game is on the way)

Nobunaga's Ambition (Koei in general pisses me off because they make all the fighting games for PC but barely do anything with their strategy games.)

Arcanum: Of Steamwoorks & MagicK Obscura

Age of Wonders II

Dungeons & Dragons: Fantasy Empires

Shadowrun (Super Nintendo version, though the Genesis version was ok too)

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• LordRelicLordRelic Member Posts: 281

Personally i would say planetSide.

The game was complete Awesomeness when it launched. There has been nothing like it and i would like to see it on a better engine with more features.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462
    Originally posted by garrett

DARK AGE OF CAMELOT

Yes.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    • Stars!
    • Z (a good one, not like Z2)
    • UFO: Enemy Unknown (a good sequel that is)
    • Evil Genius
    • Populous2 (wanting a good sequel)
    • HOMM (can't have enough of those)
    • Moonbase Commander (that game was/is sooooo great, just horrible graphics)
    • Massive Assault
    • Dungeon Keeper (more sequels!)
    • Etherlords (more!)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by branko2307

I agree... but since Atari have the rights to D&D games now its not going to happen :(

Best RPG ever made.

System shock 3 and Outcast 2 wold be awesome aswell!

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

A new game in the Starflight series with updated graphics and game play would be awesome! Also an update to the Wing Commander: Privateer series would also be good.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by branko2307

Might be my favorite computer game ever... But I can't help thinking the game was all about the Nameless One and his story arc was completed in a pretty satisfactory way so that any further progression on it would be a let down.

So maybe a story in the same setting on some other character would be better... With the same story-heavy, dialogue-heavy gameplay that leaves ample room for choice, of course.

Planescape is such a cool setting. And has some beautiful art to go with it.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

tetris

• sceeZsceeZ Member Posts: 17

The Matrix Online: 2 :P that game honestly had alot of unused potential in my opinion. really cool combat system. fun and very interactive live events and a pretty good story to work from. SoE came along and messed things up more instead of dealing with the real issues the game had though :/

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I agree with DAOC and SWG..2 of my favorite games ever. Today's mmo's just don't measure up.

• BloodastralBloodastral Member UncommonPosts: 35

Asheron's Call 3

Magic Carpet 3

Warrior Kings Battles 2

Heavy Gear 3

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

The Legend of the Dragon

Vangrant Story

Baldur´s Gate 2: Dark Alliance (PS2 version)

Another  Oblivion serie

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• KarahaKaraha Member Posts: 29

Ultima Online

Krush Kill and Destroy

Wing Commander

• RadioMaryjaRadioMaryja Member UncommonPosts: 123

MMO - Anarchy Online 2

Single Player - Another sim from star wars world like Tie-Fighter/X-Wing, another Neverwinter Nights or Baldurs Gate :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Laugh if you will but EQ3 and FFXI2.Heck combine the two efforts EQFFXI and i would never leave the game for 20 years lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Not so much a sequel but would love to see Legacy of Kain series brought back to life.

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146

Dark Age of Camelot 2: The ManaChanter returns.

I'd sell a nut and a nipple on the black market to help fund a new DAoC.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

MMO's:   EQ3, DAOC2, AC3

Games:   Quake1 CTF (don't like the newer quakes), Wing Commander, Descent, Duke Nukem.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• DeligrinDeligrin Member Posts: 5

DAOC2 would be nice, would love an AC3, but top of my list would be for the to pull UO X out of the bin and release it.

• PranksterPrankster Member UncommonPosts: 163

Descent..

Refugee from UO,EQ,AC,AC2,AO,DAOC,L2,SB,HZ,CoH,PT,EQ2,WoW,VG,SWG,EVE,WAR,DF,MO,AI,GA,LOTRO, SWTOR... Gw2 on Deck

• GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301

1. Ultima Online with 3-D graphics.

2. Dark Age of Camelot 2 (introduce jousting/tournaments)

3. City of Heros/City of Villians (cuz I really didn't enjoy the Champions Online alpha/beta/whatever)

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."