Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds: Stargate Gains New Funding

13»

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

While I really enjoy the IP and I once did enjoy the thought of the MMO I am just not looking forward to it anymore. At this point in time for me to have renewed interest I would have to hear MGM pulled the lisence and a new company is making the MMO. Between the money issues, MMOGULS and all I just don't have any faith or interest in what CME produces. In any case, I wish you guys that still have faith in CME the best of luck. Just don't hate me for still hoping another company produces SGW or some incarnation of it.

• ShadowsladyShadowslady Member UncommonPosts: 148

cool. I'd love to see this game succeed.

Shadowlord Sage
    CmdrAkbar

Napa Valley, UO, 1997.

• LtJohnnyRicoLtJohnnyRico Member Posts: 214

I was kind of hoping the SGW merchandise I bought would become a collector's item with the failure of the game. The development of the game has been complete and utter garbage. Even if released, it will fail because they don't know what MMO players want.

• frumbertfrumbert Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by streea

Good to hear that at least employees, both past and present, will actually get paid.

Funding to actually run a server though, that's a whole lot more. Good to hear a good outcome for employess, us poor saps who want to play the game have to wait a bunch longer it seems.

Forum signatures are stupid and annoying. I've turned mine off.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

I actually just posted on this yesterday and didn't think it would get made, but good for the guys who are owed money and the fans of the game, I think it's past due time for the industry to begin to move away from the fantasy high or low settings and into more unconventional settings.  Superhero will actually be over saturated in the next few years and if this game makes it and SWTOR comes out the Sci Fi genre could look good as well, from there hopefully they will begin to look in new and different areas again if we are lucky.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• Mariner-80Mariner-80 Member Posts: 347

Not that I begrudge Cheyenne the money, but I wish this financing could somehow be redirected to making Tabula Rasa a viable MT-based, F2P.

Based on what little I've seen of Stargate Worlds, the game looks like a lost cause to me and substantially inferior to TR. TR, at least, had some potential -- if it had only been managed better.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

I heard Duke Nukem Forever is going to be awesome when it is released.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982
    Originally posted by Dekron

Originally posted by Dana
    Earthrise Screenshot

If I was Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, or Michael Shanks, I would be knocking down Cheyenne Mountain's doors and kicking the crap out of the awful modeler that was responsible for these horrible avatars.

Is this what we are looking forward to?

Jack looks retarded, Sam looks like a pig skank and Daniel looks like a pedophile.

Click on the image.  It gets worse.  Teal'c looks as though he has something very large and very sharp shuved up his back side, and their feet... well, you'll see.