Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW expansion announced Cataclysm!!!

ReccooReccoo Member Posts: 197

Bloddy EPIC!!!!!!!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Let me take a guess.  There will be more levels, more new skills, perhaps a new class or two, and even more shiny new gear.

But I think they might just do better.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ReccooReccoo Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Let me take a guess.  There will be more levels, more new skills, perhaps a new class or two, and even more shiny new gear.

Oh look its the egotistical, im a an EVE player, and im better than all players.

• RaztorRaztor Member Posts: 670

Heroic Deadmines and flying mounts on Azeroth. Awesome lol.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

This if freaking awesome, please people that dislike wow, do you always have to be downers?  let the WoW fans enjoy their day.

Sheesh people always gotta be trolling.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

New professions, all of the old world is totally changed, guild leveling system, new professions, new BG, new character progression path of the titans, etc etc etc.

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

Great news.

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Yep, pretty much.  Looked garbage, IMHO.  Level cap raised to 85, Horde gets goblins, Alliance gets Worgen, old-world Azeroth all changed up, which apparently means; if it was jungle, now it's desert, desert is now full of trees and ponds.  Oh, and lava, saw lots of lava.  Flying mounts in old world, heroic versions of two old instances, some crap about guild leveling, and apparently there aren't class restrictions by race anymore.  Saw a troll druid, a human huntard, and a gnome priest.  One new tradeskill, and Deathwing is back.

Yay. 

There was some more, but I missed a few seconds here and there when I was yawning. 

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

any 1 notice the new water effects in the trailer... EPIC!

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Epic is an understatement, I expected them to revamp newbie content as it was sooo outdated, but not to destroy the world to remake it, heh.

I'm gonna make sure and run around and screenshot everything i can before it changes lol.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

The old world redesign looked preety amazing to me. 

• BureykuBureyku Member Posts: 488

Sweet i'm about as excited as I was for Hello Kitty Online and i'm an MMORPG junkie. 

Originally posted by EricDanie

Epic is an understatement, I expected them to revamp newbie content as it was sooo outdated, but not to destroy the world to remake it, heh.

I know right!  This'll be awesome!  Now I'll have to jump over laval pools as I...kill...the same...boars...I've been killing...since...'04. 

Um...

It said "hundreds of new quests".  Hundreds isn't a lot, and certainly not enough to revamp the entire noob zone progressions

Fuucking trolls on this site. get bloody lost.

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225
    Originally posted by Eben

I know right!  This'll be awesome!  Now I'll have to jump over laval pools as I...kill...the same...boars...I've been killing...since...'04. 

Um...

It said "hundreds of new quests".  Hundreds isn't a lot, and certainly not enough to revamp the entire noob zone progressions

i'm glad i'm not a bitter gamer. =)

- Lewis Thomas

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Sounds like they're taking the easy way.  Just take the existing world and mash it up instead of creating an entire new area.  More levels, more grinds, more blighted boars to kill.

Not enough to get me to resub.

A lot of people wanted a return to Azeroth, i see no problem with them changing up Azeroth.  I don't see this as taking an easy way out at all.

Can't please everyone, i'm glad they do the best they can considering.

- Lewis Thomas

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Might be something to play until Guild Wars 2 gets here.

Originally posted by Scalebane

Originally posted by Eben

Um...

i'm glad i'm not a bitter gamer. =)

I'm glad I'm not easily impressed.  =)

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Catalysm sounds really really good. I wonder how much of the new phasing tech will be used.

Counted me in. I will preorder asap :P

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Why is it that the new water effects "at last" turn me on? do I have issues? and goblins, dont look as bad as I thought they would, they have been revamp some though.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

..lots of lava?..No shit..it's a world leveling cataclysm..of course there is "lot's of lava".   I guess the oceans were too watery too? 

.....This sounds great to me. Revamping the old lands was the perfect decision. Just wish I could play a worgen on the horde side. Probably the only alliance player I'll have. The goblins look better than I thought but I doubt I'll ever play one...rather play a Tuskarr  tbh. Wolvar would have been a cool race. Anyway.. everything else  i've heard sounds pretty damn good.

Blizzard is building this up big and in the end I think eventually with a final expansion this all leading up to the Titans and Sargeras.  This expansion is gona be huge I reckon.  The old world is changed for ever, so anyoen that is Nostalgic better get taking screenshots now because 90% of nit wont be the same.  The actual redisng of the old world is a massive unetrtaking, alos allowing players to use lfying mounts would mean massive redsign issue to allow upwards travel etc. 

• NoraconNoracon Member Posts: 23

I was going to start playing wow again but now that i know there are 2 new races i will not. Now all you are going to see is 90% of the games population running around as goblins or worgens.