Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU PLAY BALDURS GATE 2!!

seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

I recently installed BG2: Throne of Baal. When I start the game it asks me if I want to play Shadows of Amn or Throne of Baal? Which do I start with? If I start with Throne of Baal will it start me off where SOA does (the beginning of the game) but let me continue past a certain point?

Originally posted by Scagweed22
is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Comments

• NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274

No, Throne of Baal starts you right of in the expansion after you defeated the boss at the end of Shadows of Amn therefore skipping the Shadows of Amn content.

Starting a Shadows of Amn game will take you through from the beginning to the end with all content included.

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

So if I start with the expansion will my character just automatically be high level?

thanks for the quick response : )

is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274

Yes, the characters will receive a certain bump although I don't remember which level you start of at the expansion.

• longeelongee Member UncommonPosts: 27

The main problem with starting with the expansion first is that you miss out on all the good items that are avaliable in SoA. What you could do is create an expansion character, export it and then import it back into SoA, so your hero is slightly higher level than it should be if you want to breeze though the SoA content. 

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    Originally posted by longee

The main problem with starting with the expansion first is that you miss out on all the good items that are avaliable in SoA. What you could do is create an expansion character, export it and then import it back into SoA, so your hero is slightly higher level than it should be if you want to breeze though the SoA content. 

I see. Nah Ill just start with SoA and play through it. I want to experience this game the way it was meant to be. Thanks for all the info guys!  : )