Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why you should be playing Spellborn!

The chronicles of Spellborn used to be one of the most anticipated games here at mmorpg.com

Set aside most original story , lore and looks. But take foremost combat system:

twitch based , combo , and skill deck building.

Its like taking best of Guild Wars combining it with AOC and turning it into FPS !

But mistakes happen. Developers released the game under Acclaim wing. And Acclaim made one of the most epic failed releases. Not only that half of countries had IP bans and could not play together. But the game was almost not advertised at all.

Game failed to attract crowd. (Its being total opposite of WOW clone didnt help either)

So Acclaim decides to make the game F2P (with item shop) together with Frogster.

But this takes time..right...

Until than they decide to make the game FREE. And I mean no subscriptions , no item shop. Its a premium P2P MMO that has no subscription. And it will remain so, until the F2P version comes out. Which could take up to one year.

Basically

You get to play Spellborn. As if you had subscription. Totally free of charge. And no strings attached.

See you in game !

Comments

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I hope this attracts the crowd this game needs. It is a really great game. It sucks that the first continent scares off many players (the lack of a population doesn't help either).

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by aesperus

I hope this attracts the crowd this game needs. It is a really great game. It sucks that the first continent scares off many players (the lack of a population doesn't help either).

Well population does seem to be filling up rapidly

• tanektanek Member UncommonPosts: 63

I figured I now had no reason not to try the game, so downloaded it yesterday (I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of the download and install).

I had no problems with the tutorial area and looked forward to learning more about using the skill deck, but as soon as I was out of the tutorial the graphics became very choppy and moving anywhere was a bit of a chore.  After turning off shadows and toning down the rest of the graphics settings, things were a little better, but still not where I would like them to be if I'm going to be playing a game.

Granted, I don't have a high-end gaming rig, but I have not had any problems with games like LotRO or AoC where I am able to run on High settings with shadows enabled.

Is there something about the graphics requirements I'm missing?  I have not yet had much time to play around with more than the in-game adjustments, but if it is just the case that my computer won't be able to handle this game, I'd rather know now than after I've managed to get myself hooked.  :)

Thanks for any advice you can give.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Yes, there is a problem with Windows Vista...

I dont know if there is some way to fix it.

So basically if you have Vista, you have bad framerate.

• tanektanek Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Yes, there is a problem with Windows Vista...
    I dont know if there is some way to fix it.

So basically if you have Vista, you have bad framerate.

Well, that would explain it, then.  :(

• MetzaMetza Member Posts: 160

I'm on windows 7, and i have have a decent rig but my pc does not get along with tcos at all, the game looks so bad if I pull down the settings to squeeze 70 frame rates  but it even still lags at that framerate, and it is def pc lag not latency because my frames drop all the way down during every piece of lag and they never last more than a tick but sometimes are combined with other ticks, this is pretty much the only reason I didnt sub to this game while it was out and will be the only reason I will not play it even if its free because the lag frustrates me especially in this game as I have to aim and dodge manually and that really messes up my skillz as if im not bad enough on my own but i got lag making me worse