Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss Expansion Launches Sept. 8

MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community ManagerQueens, NYPosts: 5,720Administrator Uncommon

The eighth expansion to Ultima Online, entitled "Stygian Abyss" will launc September 8th, 2009. The new expansion will introduce Gargoyles as a playable race, include several new areas, and allegedly one of the biggest dungeons to ever appear in Ultima Online.

The expansion will only be available digitally, and will run you $30 for the expansion alone, or $40 for the expansion with an included free month of game time.

The expansion is currently undergoing an open beta, which is available to all current subscribers. The beta test will run from August 14 through August 23, 2009.

For more information, check out the official Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss website here.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
Community Manager
Twitter: @eMikeB

Comments

• StratfordStratford Riverside, CAPosts: 112Member

Lose the isometric view, go full 3d with a decent graphics engine, and I'll subscribe for life.

• usuckmmorpgcomusuckmmorpgcom c, KYPosts: 1,348Member
    Originally posted by Stratford

Lose the isometric view, go full 3d with a decent graphics engine, and I'll subscribe for life.

UO does not take kindly to graphics whores like yourself. We prefer you play something else.

• MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 1,068Member Uncommon

Ultima Online is still chugging a long.  Hell it seems to be doing better than half of the new released MMO's out in the market. 

I'm sure I'll check this out.

• csthaocsthao Saint Paul, MNPosts: 1,111Member
    Originally posted by cfurlin

UO does not take kindly to graphics whores like yourself. We prefer you play something else.

Keep the 2D view, just give me back the old playstyle! Those new screenies look horrible compared to 2D.

• TillerTiller Portland, ORPosts: 4,921Member

lmao, your FE character looks like Matt Bradley from the Nothwestern on Deadliest Catch, but right after he "slipped" on the deck during that fight with that Jake kid..

SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

Originally posted by csthao

Keep the 2D view, just give me back the old playstyle! Those new screenies look horrible compared to 2D.

Well, it IS the old graphic set, at least that's they way I understand it. They dumped the KR graphics and reverted to the old ones, then added a more "modern" UI. Personally, it feels like a cross between the KR client and the old 2D client.

EDIT: typo

• OgrelinOgrelin JonkopingPosts: 636Member

Hell! I might try this, I haven't been in UO for 8 years :)

Originally posted by tillamook

lmao, your FE character looks like Matt Bradley from the Nothwestern on Deadliest Catch, but right after he "slipped" on the deck during that fight with that Jake kid..

I'm not sure who Matt Brady is or Deadliest Catch -- I'm assuming one is a TV show and the other is an actor on that show? Since I don't watch TV I'll have to take your word for it...sorry.

• BarCrowBarCrow Tampa, FLPosts: 2,212Member

You go, UO!....$30.00 seems a little steep tho...imo...but , hey, if people are willing to pay..more power to them.