Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rubberbanding!

pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Ok so every game I seem to play now I have rubberbanding issues. I have reformatted my pc and purchased new memory. I tested my internet connections and I got 21.33 Mbps download, and .37 Mbps upload which is suppose to be faster then most in my area I think. 

Now the problem is when I log in game I start to move and my guy runs super fast across the screen and then warps all the way back to start. I also had this with AO big reason I quit where I cast all my nanos like instant even if it was a 30 sec nano. 

Anyone got any ideas what to do to fix this? I updated my video driver for my geforce 7950GT. 

Also using windows xp.

This occurs for more then one game, I called my ISP and they said everything to the modem is ok, updated direct x, I dont seem to have any issues with other games its just MMOs. Kinda wierd.

Know this isnt tech support by any means but figured someone here has had to have this issue and perhaps can shed some light on my problems 

Thanks pauly

Semper Fi

p.s. I should add that rebooting my pc makes it work ok, but by the end of the day its starts up again.

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

My best guess would be that it may be some other resident programs that are interfering with your connection to the server. Try disabling any auto update, quick launch or messenger programs you may have running like Quicktime, Adobe, Winamp, instant messengers, peer to peer clients or anything else that isn't essential to the operating system and your AV / anti-malware software. These programs are just 'helper' programs and won't prevent you from using the actual programs if you disable these features. The auto updaters will still update when you run the actual programs and the quick launch programs will still run it will just take longer to start up the programs. This may fix your problems.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Apparently amd dual cores need a patch for these issues I have tried that will see tomm how it goes thanks for reply