Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall, the fantasy version of eve online?

Cruis.InCruis.In Member Posts: 16

Ive always thought a fantasy version of eve online would be cool.

someone actually did it and took seven years to do it. Its too bad the company is very very small and lacks a bit of polish.

Hopefully the overheads are far less than the profits and even if the game wittles down to a couple thousand suscribers like eve online was at launch, hopefully the niche crowd it appeals to will keep it in worthwhile profit, for it to be further developed.

it has alot of potential and it has alot of features. Anyone who has played eve and has read about or tried darkfall knows what I mean.

there are some reasons I wont try this though.

Eve itself was rocky in the beginning with some really even more serious time sinks such as no warp to zero.

this seems rocky, in its launch and its current unbalanced gameplay which people say needs serious balancing

lack of a trial period.

gone are the days that i buy a game before i try the demo. not buying a game then to put it down, never to play it.

if anyone has played darkfall for an extensive period feel free to give my our impressions. Ive played eve for four years. Great thing about the sandbox is the end game is still really fun. Currently on a break from eve though.

For what does it profit a man that he gain the whole world, but loseth his soul?

Comments

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

I personally really enjoyed df, can't wait to get my new comp cause all I can play on this pos is uo :(

but the game does have it's flaws, you can tell it was made by an indie developer, there is cheating in this game, if you can stomach it's flaws and obviously you enjoy the sandbox and pvp, I suggest playing it, you will more then likely love it

• Cruis.InCruis.In Member Posts: 16

i probably would but my quota is full right now. i had 4 accounts in eve. i cancelled 2 and started up one for heroes online or whatever its called. which i dont expect ill play too long but its ok so far. im mainly wondering what does one do when you reach level 50? and dont say pvp because i cant imagine pvping in a world without consequences. might be a little fun for a short time.

but i wont try dark fall without a trial its my main peeve an dill leave it and let it get some polish on it first.

For what does it profit a man that he gain the whole world, but loseth his soul?

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Um, why not post this in the pub or Darkfall section?

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

In a couple of years when AV puts more into the game, fixs alot of the hacking and botting problems this game could be as good as EvE.

They already have a nice Territorial pvp mechanic they just need to flesh out the pve stuff and lessen the grind imo.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom