Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OBLIVION PEOPLE-HELP ME!

seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Like a lot of people here I am taking my first real break from MMOs until the next big wave of games come out, I am impatiently awaiting TOR and FFXIV. That being said, I always like to have a video game to play, if only for an hour a night. Ive decided to give Oblivion a whirl for the first time. Ive installed it and when I open the game it sets my default graphics to low settings. My computer can definitely handle medium, if not higher settings (4 gigs of ddr3, 9600m GT, 2.8 core2duo). I googled this and found that Oblivion dosent read newer graphics cards. When I change the settings in game it works but they do not save, therefore when I restart the game its back to low settings. This is frustrating and I cannot find a way to save the graphics card. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Also, on a side note if you have played BGII, which game did you enjoy more? I am planning on playing both. I know they are hardly comparable, but at least Im spicing this thread up a bit : p

Originally posted by Scagweed22
is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

Comments

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Nobody? ive been googling all day and havent found a solution to this. The Oblivion tweak guide that people always mention dosent even touch this.

is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

If somebody dosent help soon I may have to give up and just play BGII, but I feel like Ill really be missing out  : (

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Try official forums?

My guess is that there is a log file that has the information, but for some reason it does not save it.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• siilentsiilent Member Posts: 25

um it worked fine on my vista so dont know abt thgat problem. but i would suggest their technical forums for some fixed for it

• heliothhelioth Member UncommonPosts: 53

don't worry, you wouldn't be missing out, boulder's gate is far superior. 

In fact, the fact you wouldn't want to play oblivion unless it was pretty is such a good statement about the kind of game it is: slideshow eye candy.

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

Oblivion is an awesome game worthy of playing even if you can't the graphics to high. Try asking on the official bethesda forums.

Figured it out. For anybody who happens to stumble upon this with the same problem just type saveini into the console (which you open in game with the ~ button). This will save your graphics settings.