Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Ordering games? - AION

philljdphilljd Member Posts: 4

I have never pre-ordered a game before.. mostly because i dont want to pay for something with out certainty i will get it. But with the recent hype about AION ONLINE i really want to play in the closed betas coming up.

My orginal thoughts were to just wait until an open beta comes or to just wait until the games releases because i'm not to keen on paying just to play in a beta.

Maybe its just the Hype and everyones excitment involving Aion thats almost tricking me into wanting to buy it when i usually wouldn't but i am fed up of watching vids of the game just wanting to log on and play! Another annoying poke is the fact that you get a head start so i wouldn't have to wait as long!

So what im asking is, Do you guys think its a sensible idea me pre-ordering it:

And Mainly.. From people who have pre-ordered MMOs before is it safe and convinient? and does it work not having a hard copy? my fear is that my system will crash and cause me to have to reinstall Aion and it doesnt come with ease not being able to jsut shove a disk in a be done with it.

Thanks Phill :D

Comments

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

After AoC, I am no longer a fan of pre-ordering, but that is not the issue. Pre-ordering is usually pretty safe if you go with one of the more popular game sites for your area. They don't usually charge you untill the item has been shipped.

As for the whole d/l or hard copy.  After a few issues with my own PC, I had to re-install a few d/l games. I had no problem doing that, but then when registering the games time came, I had problems. I needed codes to activate the games, the first codes I had wouldn't work, so I contacted the place I got the games from for new codes. That was 5 months ago...and still no codes. So those games sit on my PC and cannot be used. Definately would no longer purchase a d/l game again...will always go for hardcopy.

But since this is about an MMO, once you d/l and registered your account n all, you can d/l anytime, your account will always be valid.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by talismen351

After AoC, I am no longer a fan of pre-ordering, but that is not the issue. Pre-ordering is usually pretty safe if you go with one of the more popular game sites for your area. They don't usually charge you untill the item has been shipped.

I heard AoC was bad when it first came out, but they did fix allot of stuff in it.  I won a free digital download and 30 days game play from here and I am enjoying the heck out of it.  I am going to start paying the monthly fee after my time runs out.  I canceled my WoW account after 5 years.

• dsebutchrdsebutchr Member Posts: 245

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84554451_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000386371&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=1WR3QHBJ3T3EQNSQC7TJ&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=481585071&pf_rd_i=B000VL4J9Q

Click that, pre-order from Amazon.   You get access to the beta this weekend.  If you do not like the game after playing it all weekend cancel your order. 

Total charge = ZERO

I've posted this about 5 times now.  Try reading the AION forums instead of posting it out here and you would have seen this a dozen plus times.

I'm considering charging for this advice, amazing how many people refuse to read. 

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

Personally I go to a specific game relailer and purchase the pre-order for $5.

This generally will get me into some form of the beta or early release.  Once I get in and play the game I determine if it is worth the $50-$60 price tag.  If not, I either get my $5 back or transfer it to another pre-order.

Works well for me and if I forget to get my $5 back, it is a small price to pay to save $60 on the game and $15 on the monthly.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• dsebutchrdsebutchr Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by NovaKayne

Personally I go to a specific game relailer and purchase the pre-order for $5.

This generally will get me into some form of the beta or early release.  Once I get in and play the game I determine if it is worth the $50-$60 price tag.  If not, I either get my $5 back or transfer it to another pre-order.

Works well for me and if I forget to get my $5 back, it is a small price to pay to save $60 on the game and $15 on the monthly.

Problem is most retailers will NOT refund the 5 bucks.  Two examples I can think of without even trying, Gamestop and Best Buy will NOT refund the pre-order charge on MMO's.

Amazon is completely free.  Just cancel before the street date and your good.  ZERO charge.