Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inactive Planetside Accounts Eligible for 45 day come back.

iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Yep, now is the time to come back and try the game first hand again, new battle ranks up to 40, still a few bugs here and there and be warned that you may encounter a hacker here or there, so "/report" and "/appeal" is a good thing to use.  Lots of CE based content if you've been gone a while, and also a bang bus from hell with a mean grill. If you need some quick links, look no further as I shall provide. Also you should be able to post on official forums with your old forum handle. if you decide to join the battlefield again, welcome back Soldier!

How to get Planetside working with Vista? >>> (Planetside Vista Compromise)

Where to download Planetside? >>> (Planetside: Aftershock Client)

TwitchTV: iNeoki

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

See you in game Neoki.   ^_^  Is the outfit coming back?   OMG even if it is only for 45 days, this is going to be so much fun!

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

It's myself, a rl friend of mine, faredawg, guppy that are currently playing, I'm trying to recruit more faces into the outfit though. I wanna try and get it back up to Ranger Standard.

My client is still getting all the updates so it may take a little while.   I'll be in game though after it is updated.    I am sure the others of the 4475th will get the news.    OMG could you imagine what it would be like to have all the main outfit back together?    Oh the fun we'd have.   :)

What server were we moved to?   Markov?  I know they did some merges since 2008? 

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94

Oooooh, good to know. I'll download for the wife and I tonight... fingers crossed this time I can get it working on Vista. None of the shortcut hacks worked a few months back when I tried...

Cheers for the heads-up.

-- Mulligan/ex-Werner

• TehCaddeTehCadde Member Posts: 19

I'm going to give it a try as well, I just don't like having a ping of 120-150... Any way to lower it?

I get a lowest ping of 130-150 myself, but I am based in Alaska, servers are based in Los Angeles I believe.  Good to see you all coming back, as for the 4475th Ranger Elite ;Kristi, I posted on the WCG forums and were trying to get some of the old hags back, so far a few have responded, but others seem to be still absent.  I'll invite you to the outfit again once I get on, I probably won't be playing tonight as I have other stuff I need to do, but I'll see you tomarrow night possibly.

Again, welcome back all soldiers that are returning for this time period

EDIT: Forgot to add, Markov and Emerald were merged into Gemini (Which is where we are all playing now).  Werner is completely dead, and Europeans play on Gemini as well. Werner is due to be merged soon with Gemini according to the developers.

100ms ping to Gemini from the UK last night and I was reminded of the old days; non-stop action all evening to the extent that "Uh, I better log to get something to eat...sweet gods, it's 12.30am..." 

Would be cool to get my characters from Werner merged, just for the kudos of the veteran's pips  Though that said, they're all incredibly low in BR - I pretty much caught up with myself in one night last night.I'll have to see how that works out anyway. In the mean time, I'll be having a blast as NC on Gemini. Again, thanks for the heads-up Neoki. See you on the battlefield...

You're most welcome, just trying to get the game noticed and get the vets back on a free trial! If you need a squad, msg me in game, I'm NC as well :).

I might just hold you to that; in-game name is also Mulli - I had a play around with various basic certifications last night, starting with my usual Combat Engineer (still fun, love the "new" certs), testing out a MAX (never done before; hate it) and Heavy Assault (stacked up those grief points with the shotgun!). So tonight I'll have a play with a sniper/launcher loadout and see if I can do some damage from range.

I must head over to the official Jumpgate Evolution forums and see if there's any interest over there; a lot of the old Jumpgate Classic players played PS in the early days - might be we can get a few of the old players back onto Auraxis.

edit:

Hoo-rah! Lets see who bites; given the opportunity to blow the crap out of an Emissary, I'm hopeful

Well I spent a couple of hours playing Planetside yesterday.    We had a three way going on Solsar.    The problem is there just isn't enough people to really accomplish anything.   The whole time I was on we fought for one base between the three.    ::sigh::  

It was fun...but it's lost it's magic.   Game is old and is showing it's age.    I have an awesome gaming rig and I was pinging in at like 35 and yet I saw people warping all over the place due to lag.   The games engine is dated and is showing it.   Also, unless you have lots of people like we use to have back in the day - battles just drag on.    Plus it seems the merger from Markov to Gemini has screwed up Outfits because I guess I am no longer with the 4475th Ranger's?  :(   Still shows me being with the Rangers on the Markov server, but I do not think I am in the outfit on the Gemini server(could be wrong).    I miss Johari server.    That server was the best back in the day when things were new and the game play was unmatched.   

I'll probably keep the game on my system and play once in awhile during the 45 day thingy, but I do not see me playing it past the 45.   Planetside just needs some serious love and remade to even a better game.   Maybe someday it will happen.

• towanitowani Member Posts: 114

Thanks for the links.

I was very happy to see a free 45 days.  I used to love this game as much as the next person... but it true about the game showing it age.

Sad SOE didn't see the potential and keep on with updates or a good expansion.  Maybe even something suchas a revamp like Anarchy Online did.

LotRO: Meneldor: Riders of the Riddermark

Teala, I understand your point - maybe because this is new server, new start and I've not played since 2005 it does seem fresh and interesting. But with no personal commitment to an Outfit (yet...) I don't really share your concerns. Not for now anyway.

I was there for the battle in Solsar (in between re-certs) for around five hours and yeah, we were pretty much pincered between VS and TR, but it was still fun. I can only speak for myself but I probably fall into the "casual hardcore" crowd; I tend to only get in game now and then due to real life commitments but play hard and to have fun when I do. The drop-in mechanic of PS (probably much like the Battlespace mechanics expected in JGE - even as a dedicated world PvPer) appeal to me.

I'll give it a play longer (about to log in now...glass of wine at the ready...) and see how I feel in a few weeks.

Originally posted by Teala

Well I spent a couple of hours playing Planetside yesterday.    We had a three way going on Solsar.    The problem is there just isn't enough people to really accomplish anything.   The whole time I was on we fought for one base between the three.    ::sigh::  
    It was fun...but it's lost it's magic.   Game is old and is showing it's age.    I have an awesome gaming rig and I was pinging in at like 35 and yet I saw people warping all over the place due to lag.   The games engine is dated and is showing it.   Also, unless you have lots of people like we use to have back in the day - battles just drag on.    Plus it seems the merger from Markov to Gemini has screwed up Outfits because I guess I am no longer with the 4475th Ranger's?  :(   Still shows me being with the Rangers on the Markov server, but I do not think I am in the outfit on the Gemini server(could be wrong).    I miss Johari server.    That server was the best back in the day when things were new and the game play was unmatched.   
    I'll probably keep the game on my system and play once in awhile during the 45 day thingy, but I do not see me playing it past the 45.   Planetside just needs some serious love and remade to even a better game.   Maybe someday it will happen.

Faredawg did some outfit cleaning, he may of accidentally bumped you. Sorry :S I can invite you when you're on, I'm still using xfire.

Originally posted by towani

Thanks for the links.
    I was very happy to see a free 45 days.  I used to love this game as much as the next person... but it true about the game showing it age.
    Sad SOE didn't see the potential and keep on with updates or a good expansion.  Maybe even something suchas a revamp like Anarchy Online did.

I agree, I'm glad Means decided to go with the AoC Engine and is going to use it as AO's new game engine.  I can't wait til it goes live on test to try it out and see how my FPS increases and possible AA and AF works.