Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey, mmorpg.com. When do we get your review? **Updated: prepare for the sh*tstorm**

124»

Comments

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by Shannia

Originally posted by xzyax

Very rarely would two different gamers have the exact same opinion of any particular MMO. 

Heh... now that I've rambled on again... I'll be done. 

I disagree.  Myself and everyone in my guild thinks DFO is trash.  We gave it whirl at release.  We even came back to check out the patch to see how things have changed.  Bottom line, all 45 of us agree.  DFO isn't worth the space it takes up on your hard drive.  IMHO, give the developers a couple more years and let people continue to pay for the DFO beta.  Eventually, they should be able to get it right and include all the things that are/were on the features list.

Yeah, after I wrote that I figured I could have worded it better, but the general meaning is still there.

You are correct in that different players may come to the same conclusion on a given game.

What I was trying to express was that different parts of a particular MMO will impact each gamer different.  While we may ultimately come to the same conclusion about a given MMO.  The specifics of why will most likey vary from gamer to gamer.

Anyway, no biggie if I didn't communicate it very well.  It's not something I'll get worked up about one way or the other. 

• AlandoraAlandora Member Posts: 337

You know, it's pretty funny how sad the fans of this game are.

If I told you that you coudn't write a review of WOW unless you

1. Had a crafting skill up to max

2. Had raide the latest dungeons

3. Had participated in lvl 80  Arena tournaments

4.  Had been part of a large guild and done endgame content with them.

The endgame of Darkfall is terrible.  there is a bunch of naked ganking, a bunch of hacking and cheating, and a bunch of 'guild drama' that mostly takes place on forums, not in game.

• kreationkreation Member Posts: 17

I knew the game was a POS after 10 minutes of playing..

What do you need 3 weeks for?

To Grind and experience a featureless, contentless thing?

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051
    Originally posted by kreation

I knew the game was a POS after 10 minutes of playing..

What do you need 3 weeks for?
    To Grind and experience a featureless, contentless thing?

There not deciding for themselves mate they are writing a review! so lets face it 10 mins is not enough. Thats just a stupid comment to make dont you think? i see your point for deciding for yourself...but for writing a review!

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by xzyax

Anyone else willing to go on record and guess mmorpg.com's review score?

I'll take the plunge...
    My guess is:  5.8

Given that they have scored some MMOs a fairly low score in the past...

Ragnarok Online = 6.6
    SWG = 6.5   (This was the 5-year re-review)
    AoC = 6

In a week or two we can see how close we are to the actual score. 

NUTS! 

I was off by .2 

Oh well... can't win them all.