It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I want to see what everyone else thinks about JD and What do you think are the pros and cons?
Here is my list of likes(Pros):
1. The legal Bot(aka Esper)- Okay I just love this feature. I know this one probably causes the biggest debate. I think most people just have issues with it because we have been taught botting is wrong and illegal in every other online game. Then suddenly a game comes and says hey not only is it legal here but we will even give you the bot! I think it just throws people for a loop. Being a mom, wife, home owner, full time worker I love it. Gives me a chance to keep up in the game with all those people who have too much free time on their hands.
2. The Graphics- It was one of the first things that lured me into Perfect World games. The colors and fantasy yet still real feeling cities and areas are great. It doesnt look like a cheap game to me. Its interesting enough that I take the time to look around when Im on the game and actually see whats around me.
3. The Factions- I like how they take the normal classes of most mmorpg's but kinda twist them up a bit to make them a new version of the old. I mean you have your clerics, range, tanks, etc but they arent just that in JD. Tanks can deal good damage, clerics dont just have to heal. The range isnt an archer for once lol.
I been playing a skysong. So far Im lvl 88. Skysongs are like the clerics, but in most parties I dont really find myself healing others too much. The buffs are good. I think of myself as a pve grinding machine, self heals cut back on pots, and I do decent damage still.
4. PVP and PVE Realms- This one is another big one for me. Im not much of a pker and I hate games that force you to pk or allow others to pk you against your will. I like that JD gives you the option of chosing if you want to be involved in pk or not and that you can change your mind and freely move between the PVP and PVE realms.
5. Social Interaction- The big one here for me is Marriage! I love games where I can marry my real life hubby in the game as well. They also have clans, alliances, friend lists and the other typical stuff.
6. Cash Shop- Im not too thrilled about the cash shop this isnt really one of my likes. Instead what I like is the fact you dont have to spend real life money to get items from the cash shop. You can purchase the cash shop currency with ingame gold instead. I like this because I dont have to spend real life money on the game.
7. Its F2P- self explanitory
My list of Dislikes(Cons)
1. I love the esper(aka legal bot) the only downside to it, is that it means a lot of people are afk a lot. So alliance and clan chats arent always that active and its hard sometimes to get with people ingame.
2. The sound effects- I just dont feel they spent too much effort on these and too much stuff makes too much annoying noise. Between combat sounds, pet sounds, monster sounds, your own character noises, and the noise of other characters, I just find it too overwhelming.
3. Cash Shop Prices- I know the game needs the cash shop and I know its geared for USA players and USA economy. I still tend to find things in it rather overpriced. $30 for an outfit ingame for my toon is just too much. I would rather go buy an outfit in real life!
4. Quest and Item explanation- I feel some quests and items are very under described. You get items all the time you have no idea what they are used for, if they are any good, or anything. Some quests are very vague like that too. It can be very frustrating.
5. Crafting and Refining- Crafting takes alot of work and space. I think its a bit too much and could be toned down a bit. Refining could be made a bit easier too. Going +1-+5 is no problem, even without CS items. I dont see how anyone could make a +20 weapon though without spending thousands and I mean thousands of dollars on CS items. Just seems a bit extreme. Would be better if they just capped the refine system at +10 IMO.
Mmmmmm I think this is all I can think of for now. Im definitely going to keep playing JD for now. Im a little worried for when I hit lvl 90 and the long haul begins but Ill cross that bridge when I get there.
So what are everyone elses Pros and Cons?