Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can players affect the world?

GintohGintoh Member UncommonPosts: 329

I have not played this game. But I am intrigued, how can they affect it?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

By influencing other players to do what they want them to do. That is where the major change can occur.

You can build your compound as big as you want but getting other people to do what you want is the theme of the game.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RiaZeeRiaZee Member Posts: 7

This game is so very different from any other MMORPG that is out on the market . Its player base is mostly 30+ folks, and their is no fighting , well..no physical fighting , you stil can end up in huge arguements , and can even run the chance of being banned from the game from a fellow player .  Yes , we elect our own police , called Demi-pharoahs .  The developer of the game Andrew Tepper (Teppy) will stay out of our disputes , as will the GMs , we are left to solve our own problems . We also do this by creating our own laws that we vote on , and if passed , the devlopers will code it into the game . You could create a petition saying evey player must give you one fifth of everything they mine , and if passed , the devs will code it . Dont count on that one getting passed though, but you get the general idea.  The game is very sandbox , and you are left to your own means . Though one of the goals that is available is to try an become oracle of any or all of the seven disciplines . There are seven disciplines , with seven test within each discipline that would need to be completed in order to become oracle , This is no small task , Only 1 person last telling was able to finish all 49 test , the first and probably last time it will happen.  Teppy sets up this game with conflicts and sits back and views how we handle it , sometimes you feel like a lab rat.  There is so much to do and learn no one person will ever learn everything , and most of the time you will  trade with your neighbors in order to get things you need. Some of the best learned skills are wine making , beer brewing , glassblowing , and blacksmithing . This can be a difficult game , my game spouse has a masters in mathmathmatics , and can still have trouble with some of the mechanics of the game , although , if you have great social skills , that can take you far in the game too .

There is a free 24 hr trial, after that it is 13.95 a month.  Though I suggest trying for at least a month , the 24hrs just isnt long enough to get a feel for the game . If you do start , join one of the several mentoring guilds , they can be a huge help. and you can join as many guilds as you like . There is a lot of grinding at first , that a guild can help you overcome easily. Yes, macros are allowed in the game , just dont go afk while using one.  Most of the players are adults , we try to treat each other with respect and helping out new players is a joy for most , After years of playing , we have become like family , even get together for rl events. Its a very small family type player base , you get to know each other pretty quickly and can form some great friendships and even a few enemies . Enjoy ! Hope to see you in there .

• darkb457darkb457 Member CommonPosts: 47

lose a wagon, it stays where you left it.