Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newegg Secrets of Faydwer 5 dollars

Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

I just bought for my wife and I Secrets of Faydwer for a total of 10 dollars. Were going to start new characters in Greater Faydwer and conquer Crushbone. :) It's been over 7 years since we last played where we met on Orc Hill. We figured for 10 dollars and 30 free days it was worth it to just check out the old stomping grounds even we get bored after the free play.

I hope the game is still challenging and not been dumbed down to wow content. We agreed to not use POP for travel so it will feel like old classic EQ for the most part.

Comments

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

You guys will probably enjoy it for no other reason than nostalgia.

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809

Is the game still challenging or did they make it easier?  It would be nice to get that fear factor again when playing. :)

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Oh you'll die plenty, don't worry, I know I have.  You got SoF expansion so you won't have access to mercenaries, which is fine if you are looking for more of a challenge and old school play.  Take youy time to relearn the game, there's a lot to explore and know.

First thing I noticed when coming back after 5 years was how big the game is, and how many zones there are to explore & see.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO