Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Tarantia Screenshots

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Accompanying Funcom's Gangs of Tarantia developer journal are these six new, exclusive screenshots featuring the massive city.

Age of Conan

Check out the Tarantia Screenshots

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Is it on XBox yet?

No? Well... shucks.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Is it on XBox yet?
    No? Well... shucks.

Uh,,,just how many MMO's do you play on Xbox? How about good ones?

No? Well...shucks.

Believe me, it needs to stay on the PC. Many Xbox games I have purchased on PC run better on my PC, so really, whats the point anyways.

Back on subject. I have had a chance to play in this zone. Truly awesome. Can't wait. Looks like we may see this tomorrow or next week at the latest.

Age of Conan has truly become a grade "A" MMO!

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

Those shots look nice.  Too bad you need a super computer to run at those settings.  Does the games still suck?  I haven't played it since my 30 days expired at launch.

• penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174

Looking at these screens remind me how great this game actually looks.  I loved the first 20-25 levels.  Fun combat and world.  I hope they keep it up and continue to expand the story aspect of the game.  Loved the cut-scenes.  Maybe I'll come back once I'm done checking out LotR.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

The sad thing with AoC is most of the textures look great but the clothes ones.

They are like you see them with macro lenses

Also some of the colors are so bright that they destroy the general "realistic" setting of the game.

I speak about the red/green hats for example.

• ShadowsladyShadowslady Member UncommonPosts: 148

Game still looks beautiful. Music is better. Combat system awesome.

Point of the game?  Got me ... you don't lose anything on death, so it just becomes DoomQuake.   BLEH

Shadowlord Sage
    CmdrAkbar

Napa Valley, UO, 1997.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by openedge1

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Is it on XBox yet?
    No? Well... shucks.

Uh,,,just how many MMO's do you play on Xbox? How about good ones?

No? Well...shucks.

Believe me, it needs to stay on the PC. Many Xbox games I have purchased on PC run better on my PC, so really, whats the point anyways.

Back on subject. I have had a chance to play in this zone. Truly awesome. Can't wait. Looks like we may see this tomorrow or next week at the latest.

Age of Conan has truly become a grade "A" MMO!

Nice way of skirting around ( yet another ) of Funcom's big initial selling points, a.k.a. an Xbox 360 version. Too bad they flopped as a flagship for MS' Vista  and MS has pretty much forgotten about them.

Microsoft lost millions promoting AoC as their "flagship" game for Vista and dx10 ( yep, AoC really showed off dx10 didn't it? lol ).

Funny how when the question get's asked, FC mouthpieces say "It's in the works, it's still happening", yet MS doesn't say a word. And when you go to Xbox.com, you can see every Xbox 360 game that has yet to release advertised with a "TBA" under release date. Look for AoC on Xbox.com and you find.......nothing.

When Funcom can manage to fuck up so bad even Microsoft won't bother with them anymore, that's pretty sad.

And no good mmorpg's on xbox 360? Gee, I guess I'll remember that when I log on to FFXI later.