Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Update 5: Gangs of Tarantia Revealed

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

In this exclusive developer journal, Funcom's Age of Conan team fills us in on some of the finer details of the upcoming Update 5: Gangs of Tarantia and the changes that it will bring to the game.

"Gangs of Tarantia", the fifth major update for Age of Conan, is the biggest and most influential update done to the game since launch. Let's take a look at why.

Not only does Update 5 add several hours worth of new content thanks to the new game region, it also makes fundamental changes to the core systems of the game that will make gameplay even more fun, exciting, and rewarding. These changes significantly improve how the plays and the rewards available for game-play. This update has been designed to deal with the remaining significant issues both players and developers alike had identified with the game at launch.

Read Update 5: Gangs of Tarantia Revealed

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408

So this update is live now? It didn't say specifically.

• vuduuuvuduuu Member Posts: 2

I'll give it a try when they give all the old accounts a free 10 day re-activation to check out the game and see what its like... not paying to beta test again, already gave mythic too much money doing that.

• majakeyesmajakeyes Member Posts: 3

sounds great! I haven't played in a few months but will be logging on soon

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774
    Originally posted by rmk70

So this update is live now? It didn't say specifically.

If there is no major hitch it will be released tomorrow, Wednesday the 24th of June.

Can't wait.

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157

Not played since launch really, i was wondering can other people visit other guild cities now?

If i remember rightly before, it was only guildies that could enter the clan city instance.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

It is official.

Read on Twitter:

"The EU servers will come down for Update 1.05 on Wednesday, 24th June at midnight GMT (02:00 am CET). 1.5 patch goes live tomorrow. "

• VormirVormir Member UncommonPosts: 135

I'm eager to see how this is going to work.

Good luck to Funcom and to the community. (No sarcasm).

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Funny the major update for me is the social pets ;)

And I wish there was social clothing too or better UI.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

Looking forward to this and hope it brings out more fun then I've already had with the game, perfect with the new area as I'm going to hit 75 today also ^^

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

Would love to go back and give it a try but am reluctant to pay out for a month when I might stop after a week.

Plus lots of people on the FunCom forums screaming about healing issues and how they don't have it right on the test server and since I have a Bear Shaman that is a bit of a concern.

Like others I will wait and see if they offer a come back and take another look offer.

• CenCalCenCal Member Posts: 60

So,in reading the way that weapons and armor will affect gameplay,will it become a gear grind,and Having to do raids and dungeon crawls for the minuscule chance to get uber gear to be competitive?

• penandpaperpenandpaper Member UncommonPosts: 174

Sounds great.  Good luck, Funcom. 

• Micro_angelMicro_angel Member UncommonPosts: 87

whoa, 11 months for finishing the game, not bad.........

• odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 40

I'm not impressed... I still think the game needs another year's worth of updates to bring me back. This update says it adds hours of extra play when the game needs to offer me years of extra play. I don't enjoy raiding all the time and that's really all that is left to do once you're maxed out in leveling. Sieges still aren't that much fun and neither is the FFA PVP after a time. Balancing and stats still need work, same with item production.

Don't get me wrong... the game is fun, the graphics are amazing, and I love a good bit of what AoC has to offer as it is and was, even back last year this time when it still sufferred from those horrendous memory leaks. I just can't see myself playing for more than a month at a time without getting bored with it. I really wish they'd add more to do because I do miss the original satisfaction and bloodlust, lol, I experienced when I first arrived on the beach at Tortage. ;-)

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

If Mortal Online turns out to be a complete bust, I would definitely try out this game.

• ShadowsladyShadowslady Member UncommonPosts: 148

STILL  LACKS  PURPOSE.

I think it could be one of the greatest MMOs if they just had loss on death, like gold or XP. Right now, there is no penalty and thus PvP=suck.

Shadowlord Sage
    CmdrAkbar

Napa Valley, UO, 1997.