Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[PLANESHIFT] gm abuse

Comments

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

Welcome to my blocklist Tuxide, I'm starting one just for you.

• NaimonUlinNaimonUlin Member Posts: 29

Yes jac maybe you were wrong, This was my wifes first post and of course there are going to be people like him replying but i cant help but be a little frustrated and to teh last post yea the GM's are pick by the Gm team leaders who is jsut as bad in some respects but i will take your advice im looking for a new one right now loll. But there arent many mac compatiable f2p mmorpgs that i know of. Do you knwo any?

The paths we take arent always the easiest ones

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by freyaa

Not alot for MACS though...unfortunately and then sometimes you need a flash player, and its hard to find one for free....

Maybe there some Mac user here that might tell you what games you can play..Yeah i would let Planeshift go and try something new..Oh and maybe in the future invest in a PC.

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by NaimonUlin

But there arent many mac compatiable f2p mmorpgs that i know of. Do you knwo any?

Know I don't know of any off the top of my head because I use a PC but your best chance is to google the crap out of it. Here's a site that seems straight to the point. My advice is before dedicating to a game by subscribing, obviously see if there are any trials available.

http://www.applegeeks.com/sm/index.php/topic,5994.0.html

www.massively.com/2008/04/14/mmos-x-a-roundup-of-mmos-for-the-mac/

www.insidemacgames.com/forum/index.php

These are only a few.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981
    Originally posted by NaimonUlin

yes there are alot but not for mac. If you do know any thought that i dont know about which is just planeshift please i would love to know. I only play that game b.c its the only f2p mmorpg that i know of for mac^^

Not sure how up-to-date it is, but the list on this site might be a good starting point:

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/show/mac

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• ChuckiSpuxChuckiSpux Member Posts: 44

Hi all,

I play PlaneShift on a regular basis. On no occasion have I ever encountered abuse by the GM or Dev staff. They are friendly, helpful, and hard working. I've known of cases where a GM has spent in excess of four hours of their unpaid time helping one struggling non-English player through the game's tutorial, and they spend hours putting on brilliant roleplay events encompassing everything from man-hunts to underground rooster-fights.

I believe that there are two definitions of 'kill thieving' in PlaneShift. In the game mechanic when a player attacks a NPC creature, the creature is claimed to that person and their group (if they're in a group). This cannot be undone without a hack, cheat, or exploit of a bug. The other type is better classified as 'claim thieving'. It is when a player sees that another player is intending to attack a creature, and then intentionally attacks that creature using a faster method to be disruptive. This I have seen both Naimon and Freyaa do to a majority of other players. That kind of behaviour is not against the game rules, but is considered impolite, disruptive, and annoying.

A note of advice: When you get banned from a game for being a pain in the rump to all the other players, don't go crying all over whatever forums you can find. The truth is quickly revealed.

Thats so nice chuck but you see i wasnt a pain in EVERYONES side. Only one character and his guildmates backed him on a petition and i was being targeted by two gms and rizin and dev team member. So before you go off assuming things, Please get your facts straight ^^

• freyaafreyaa Member Posts: 39

Lets see here...completely off topic about the kill stealing and yes i have done it TWICE, but am i really the ONLY person who has ever done this? i dont think so...the first time i did it yes it was intentional, the second time was an accident i have  witnessess to that accident even ^_^

In my defence, get the facts straight before you go off and accuse people of MULTIPLE offenses

You can check again i might be wrong...haha what am i saying im usualy ALWAYS right!

(please stay on topic)

Let me just clear something up, "kill stealing" is impossible without hacks or cheats :) in my previous post i should have clarified that .

The issue here is not about that though

You can check again i might be wrong...haha what am i saying im usualy ALWAYS right!

My facts are entirely straight. What you do not realise is just how many players in that game felt annoyed by the things you said and your claim thieving. It even got to the point where you were attacking one of the games oldest and most powerful guilds on their forum thread. You've annoyed me personally as a player with your disruptive behaviour, and many many others. It was not just one player and their Guild. There was your problems with The Warriors Guild, several random RPers from other guilds.

In the IRC channel I have heard your name mentioned in a negative, almost "Ah, crap he's at it again" kind of manner.

Need I also mention the way you disregarded the roleplay aspect of PlaneShift. I have many times heard of you insulting someone, using offensive language, calling people "losers", "geeks", "nerds".

Then you've also spat at people in the game.

The way you act doesn't make the PlaneShift community want to jump to your defence does it?

• TuxideTuxide Member UncommonPosts: 213

Well this is an attack thread, what do you expect?

Im really trying to stay on topic here but for the record, if anyone gets a chance to read that thread that naimon "attacked" the warriors on...he even told the guild leader that it wasnt meant to be that way.

It was an opinion and i Quote! he said they were powerlevelers

thats not an attack, its an opinion and he even said he didnt mean for them to take it as such So if your going to come on here and say he attacked them then you are wrong

Personaly i find that this has strayed off topic enough

Why are you talking as if we are the only ones guilty of this? i have been slapped in the game and also spat at, i have been called a noob and everything LOL its just a little funny how naimon and i are the only ones standing on trial for this kind of behaviour

• hooptyhoopty Member UncommonPosts: 788

Really you folks should just let it go and move on...There better games than Planeshift..

Some people rob you at gun point..Others will rob you at "Ball Point Pen"

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I hate to take the GMs side, but I must. If there were 6 petitions filed in a couple of days, be it they were fake or not, the GMs need ot invetigate. PlaneShift has few players and pretty tight security.

As for the GM harrasment. You did call him a liar and not to speak to you again, which in itself is rude and harrasing the GMs. He said okay to that and played it calm before you replied with "Don't speak to me again!". Which he also replied to calmly with a smiley face, another way of saying "Okay", or "Confirmed" then you again, disrespecting him, tell him not to speak to you. He is an authority when it comes to the game, and I doubt you would ever tell a cop to never speak to you, because it's rude and disrespectful. What you were doing, was harrasment.

If your husband was/is innocent, why the uproar? Why not just say "Okay, follow me. Do as you wish." And let them find him not guilty instead of making a big to-do about it all?

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Calling a guild 'power-leveler' in a RP game is pretty offensive in my books. PowerLevelers generally don't care for the RP aspect of MMOs. And it's really rubbing salt on the wound, considering the many times Naimon has caused issues with Warriors members, if I remember correctly he spat at them in game, claim-thieved, yelled out-of-character insults at them, and was even killed by one of them for being annoying. Then  Naimon turns around and calls them PLers. I'd be rather annoyed and consider that an attack if I were any of them, considering that they constantly help new players, and are always getting involved in events.

I didn't see any Guardian Merchants at the Jinil series of events, or the associated court case. Ohhh, that's right, you havent been around that long.

I didn't see you at the Kikiri Fighting. And you were probably around then.

My point is, calling the PlaneShift GM team corrupt is a gross misjudgement. They're focused, dedicated and just because they dish you out a punishment it really just makes you look worse to start slagging them off.

Dear Lord!!

Your reading what i wrote wrong, what i said was...

i told tazen not to talk to me again AFTER i asked him a question about so called kill stealing, then all he did was put a smily face, then i said please dont reply to me..he said he was replying to my question about kill stealing  A SMILY FACE IS NOT AN ANSWER TO KILL STEALING

Then he told me to have a good day, i told him if he spoke to me once more i would take it as a form of harassment, and then he had the nerve to insult/offend/be sarcastic to me? and then say i was the one abusing him?

ad what im trying to get across to you people is why are we the only ones on trial for this LOL no we werent at these events because yes the players in the guild were VERY new and we werent around but do you not understand that ITS NOT ONLY US!!!

someone is the game just now asked me to tell you all something

"with age doesnt always come wisdom"

and we have had a few warrior start with us (i wont mention names)

and to say again, i have countless emails from people who have been wronged by these GM'S before

AND THERE WASNT 6 PETITIONS, IT WAS 1 PETITION WITH 6 OF THE SAME GUILD MEMBERS ON IT

And he expects everyone to take his side when he speaks to them like that.

Naimon, I know you better than you think. You have no idea which PlaneShift character I play.

And finally, the only thing about your rather angry little post that offends me is that you got the name wrong. It's Chucki, not "chuck". I don't work at BuyMore.

So you peeved off Klyros Junction AND The Warriors? Both old, steadfast Guilds. No surprises that the GMs sided with them.

And Naimon, you're acting just how your character in PlaneShift acts, both "IC" and "OOC". You should sort out your anger issues.

You can't go claiming you've only annoyed one person on PlaneShift. I know countless amounts of people you have annoyed and harrassed, from all sides of PlaneShift's community.

annoyed yea harassed maybe but that was before my 7 day ban. and like i said the thing with the warriors was a huuuuge misunderstanding and you will see that if you read the forums and talk to hanace who is in the warriors guild. Now i mean that this issue was with the kylros junction not everything. ill admit i was a fukin asshole in the begining cuz i didnt care about the game to much but like i jsut said after my 7 day ban i changed cuz what i did refleced on my guild. And it being made of mostly newer  players i did not want them to get a bad rap. This is why im so pissed about this current ban.

p.s. and no like i said three times now chucki it was onnnnneeeee member of the guild who was whining about training and he got his little friends to fuk me over.

I know of three purposeful occasions.

Twice with Akaiddo Kivikar, and once with Ench Tempora a few days later. Both members of The Warriors.

When a third Warrior, Elvors Amenoras, was called to help, he approached you with no armour or weapons and asked for your side of the story, and you were rude and offensive to him also.

What you obviously can't see is that the players of PlaneShift tell each other alot. We all know what is happening, regardless of what guild is offended, who offended them, and so on. I know several members of Klyros Junction. All good players and excellent at roleplaying. I know several Warriors, including the names mentioned above. I know a certain Dark Warmonger you told out-of-character in a /tell to kill himself and not as a joke either. I know Rizin, Tazen, and many other devs and GMs. They're all good people.

None of them would swear and offend all over a public thread the way you do. They're all mature, decent people. That is why I would take their word over yours any day.

It just so happens that Ench told the warriors that naimon was acting "wierd" not rude or offensive and we didnt "kill steal" from ench THAT you mistaken, ench even still talks to me, Secondly i kept the conversaion in the GM Talk i had with Tazen and he did offend me TWICE he specificaly said after Naimon was done saying how his guild mates are all loyal to him and can vouche for him he said that the Natzis were all popular and loyal as well...and yes i did take offence to this, second none of the GM's showed any proof of anything they accused him of except telling him he said jerk.

So sorry you dont have all the facts straight

and no..not everyone in those 2 guilds are good people

i no alot of players who have done the same things your accusing us of

and if i had to guess what character you were id have to say joale cuz only he or sumone he would talk to would say the things you are now loll the past is the past. basing  your views on me from them is not only rude but iggnorant my friend. If you would have actually seen me the past week you would have seen a completely different person then you portray me as but you didnt so making these assumptions is pretty pointless and regardless if you think the gms are good people or not that still doesnt refute that fact that they never proved that i was harassing anyone even when they were watching me 24 in the sewers and volcano the past week and they even told me in the group  i was in that they knew i wasnt "kill stealing" but i was banned for it anyway...idc if you are a good person or not doing that to anyone is wrong.

You seem to think saying you've changed will make me believe you. And even so, the first thing people will think when they hear your name is the fact that you annoyed them when you met them. First impressions count.

Ah, and you're assuming things about my personal life. Yeah I live at home with my parents, but I've just recently been accepted to study as a Bachelor of Fine Arts at the country's best art school, and the money I've been saving will come in handy (money I haven't been spending on rent).

So go figure. Take your personal insults elsewhere, because no one here will believe you 'changed' if you sit here insulting PlaneShift players.

And Freyaa, all the names I mentioned are good people. Shall I list off all the guild members of those guilds I have met and found to be really nice and good roleplayers?

Also, there are no volcanoes in PlaneShift. It's set in a stalactite. Might want to read the Settings maybe?

PLEASE JUST STOP i didnt put this thread up here for this CHUKI or whatever your name is spelt, your not special because youve been accepted there congrats but ive been accepted to 3 when i finished highschool whoopdie do it has nothing to do with my thread. And you say you no a person when you really dont NO ONE KNOWS ANYONE HERE PERSONALY BY JUST PLAYING A GAME unless they have told you themselves, you no nothing of naimon, or me.

You are accusing us of the same things that i see others doing in the game, get it through your head, you want to have a trail well your missing about 20 other sum people who do the exact same thing

i dont care if you beleive me or not

STAY ON TOPIC

(and let me point out to you that i didnt say all the guilds members are bad people did i? no in one off my previous posts those were my exact words ^_^ but not EVERYONE is nice or good or respectful okay!! UNDERSTAND??)

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

im not gonna suggest can we all just get along, but is it too much to ask that we just stop feeding the troll?

This discussion has been closed.